IGNORED

Rebooteroids!

CyranoJ

Well, the additions for this week include:

• level warping at the start (in jumps of 10 levels) depending on the highest level reached (stored to eeprom!)
  • the game now plays at the same speed on both PAL and NTSC systems (no more 'easy' PAL mode, folks!)
  • the u235SE no longer randomly crashes the DSP when it's shut down (thanks Shamus!)

Sub-pixel positioning FTW!

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 9

Near jizz-worthy post:

Well, I did post on the Reboot facebook page last weekend that I was working on it again... ;)

And I've made 'great strides' towards a final build.

Then:

• level warping at the start (in jumps of 10 levels) depending on the highest level reached (stored to eeprom!)
  • the game now plays at the same speed on both PAL and NTSC systems (no more 'easy' PAL mode, folks!)
  • the u235SE no longer randomly crashes the DSP when it's shut down (thanks Shamus!)

... ......

• Like 2

WOO HOO!!!!!!

what is sub-pixel positioning?

By instead of assigning an RGB color to a pixel you are controlling the RGB components (a sub pixel) of a pixel separately. Usually used with LED displays. Can be used for anti-aliasing or make the resolution appear to be greater. In the case of rebooteroids I suppose it is used to make the graphics look like a vector display.

See also wikipedia.

By instead of assigning an RGB color to a pixel you are controlling the RGB components (a sub pixel) of a pixel separately. Usually used with LED displays. Can be used for anti-aliasing or make the resolution appear to be greater. In the case of rebooteroids I suppose it is used to make the graphics look like a vector display.

See also wikipedia.

Nope. In this case it refers to using reals for co-ordinates instead of integers. So, instead of the screen being 0-320 in x and 0-200 in y, it is 0.0000 - 320.0000 in x and 0.0000 to 200.0000 in y. This allows you to put objects effectively between pixels (internally to the game) so that it can play at the same speed regardless of the refresh rate.

• Like 4

You are right, stingy jaguar consumers aren't likely to buy the game if it's an extra $8 bucks...they will probably take their business elsewhere and buy a few extra copies of Space Ace off ebay instead ;)

NOT! :lol:

I'm sure a bulk purchase of colored carts from Mike would yield a discount and not cost $8ea. anyway. Personally, I'd like to see more of the translucent colored stuff. Really stands out and whispers a faint: "hey, look at me - I'm special"!

You are right, stingy jaguar consumers aren't likely to buy the game if it's an extra $8 bucks...they will probably take their business elsewhere and buy a few extra copies of Space Ace off ebay instead ;)

I'm sure they would, but we're not spending an extra $1600 up front to make that happen.

• Like 1