IGNORED

Rebooteroids!

CyranoJ

Not related at all in any way to an update on Rebooteroids, but I just built the latest version under aDOSbox on my Android tablet :)

(Now if only it could run it....)

You have an Android tablet! wow, you kept that one quiet :D

Is that like a suppository?? :P

Is that a request? :lol:

• Like 1

Not related at all in any way to an update on Rebooteroids, but I just built the latest version under aDOSbox on my Android tablet :)

Is that a tunnel forming? :)

I hope its not a brown tunnel.

The Stardust tunnel is better.

I prefer the pink tunnel.

• Like 1

I prefer the pink tunnel.

A young Programmer and his Project Manager board a train headed through the mountains on its way to Wichita. They can find no place to sit except for two seats right across the aisle from a young woman and her grandmother. After a while, it is obvious that the young woman and the young programmer are interested in each other, because they are giving each other looks. Soon the train passes into a tunnel and it is pitch black. There is a sound of a kiss followed by the sound of a slap.

When the train emerges from the tunnel, the four sit there without saying a word. The grandmother is thinking to herself, “It was very brash for that young man to kiss my granddaughter, but I’m glad she slapped him.”

The Project manager is sitting there thinking, “I didn’t know the young tech was brave enough to kiss the girl, but I sure wish she hadn’t missed him when she slapped me!”

The young woman was sitting and thinking, “I’m glad the guy kissed me, but I wish my grandmother had not slapped him!”

The young programmer sat there with a satisfied smile on his face. He thought to himself, “Life is good. How often does a guy have the chance to kiss a beautiful girl and slap his Project manager all at the same time!”

• Like 5

Enough about tunnels and kissing, this is SERIOUS!!!111one

Rebooteroids factoid (since this thread is actually about our game): The previously-mentioned side-project that spawned from this game, which will most likely be our next release, has itself given back some love to it's Daddy in the form of an idea to make the bonus stages less random and more fun/challenging... I didn't say it was interesting, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel for this thread.

There is some more information to pass on that's a fair bit more interesting, but that's up to CJ to write about on his blog one day.

• 1 year later...

OK, it's over a year since this thread was updated, if you've not been reading the Reboot website or CJ's blog you might not know that Rebooteroids is back in active development.

There's a good reason for this - it was shelved when it seemed like the Jagware flash carts might not happen, however, as you might have seen in the Elansar thread, we have our production test run carts back & they all check out perfectly. Now it's simply a matter of finishing the game :lol:

2010 hand-assembled prototype Poulpecart and 2012 production test run Jagtopus.

Read the little article on the site from a couple of months ago to get up to speed with Rebooteroids. Then read this: we're probably putting some of the stuff like the menu system back in ;-) There won't be a BJL/CD version of this game - it'll be a 4mb cart only. It won't be the original game we planned and it'll be a little bit more than the demake we considered. Whatever it ends up as, it'll be a game we'll be glad to see released.

Recent updates: real sound effects and vox samples, more enemy and power up graphics (although power ups will be redone as I'm not happy with them), power downs all removed (games are meant to be fun not annoying!), easter egg plans put into action, more bullets, better scaling scores, power up and multiplier meters in but not hooked up yet, tighter controls, bugs squashed, bugs created, etc. etc...

Of course, finding time to make it is still a challenge, but we're trying our best to stay focused on this one now until it's ready to ship... then we can get on with one or two games that are already very promising and are going to be quite a lot of fun to work on, too.

Massive thanks to ZeroSquare and SCPCD for making this happen - huge respect to our fellow Jagwares!

• Like 13

OK, it's over a year since this thread was updated, if you've not been reading the Reboot website or CJ's blog you might not know that Rebooteroids is back in active development.

There's a good reason for this - it was shelved when it seemed like the Jagware flash carts might not happen, however, as you might have seen in the Elansar thread, we have our production test run carts back & they all check out perfectly. Now it's simply a matter of finishing the game :lol:

2010 hand-assembled prototype Poulpecart and 2012 production test run Jagtopus.

Read the little article on the site from a couple of months ago to get up to speed with Rebooteroids. Then read this: we're probably putting some of the stuff like the menu system back in ;-) There won't be a BJL/CD version of this game - it'll be a 4mb cart only. It won't be the original game we planned and it'll be a little bit more than the demake we considered. Whatever it ends up as, it'll be a game we'll be glad to see released.

Recent updates: real sound effects and vox samples, more enemy and power up graphics (although power ups will be redone as I'm not happy with them), power downs all removed (games are meant to be fun not annoying!), easter egg plans put into action, more bullets, better scaling scores, power up and multiplier meters in but not hooked up yet, tighter controls, bugs squashed, bugs created, etc. etc...

Of course, finding time to make it is still a challenge, but we're trying our best to stay focused on this one now until it's ready to ship... then we can get on with one or two games that are already very promising and are going to be quite a lot of fun to work on, too.

Massive thanks to ZeroSquare and SCPCD for making this happen - huge respect to our fellow Jagwares!

Thanks for the update! and you can put me down for 1 when you release it!!! :) :) :)

• Like 2

It won't be the original game we planned and it'll be a little bit more than the demake we considered. Whatever it ends up as, it'll be a game we'll be glad to see released.

Looking forward to the surprise when people see that instead of the Asteroids they expected you decided to go with Frogger- or Space-Invaders-gameplay for the final release as mantioned in your article. :P

• Like 2

Don't say Telegames... :P

They always make one wonder if they are even still active.^^

Nope, but I did buy 100s of cart cases from them quite a while ago now ago, so they have helped us along. It's a small outfit that do mostly 8-bit stuff (C=64). I won't name them until we have everything finalised, but they are recognised as being fair, reliable and genuine retro/gamers.

Not saying Telegames are bad people, I just think they always make the impression of being dead. When you sell your stuff (or better, someone else does) it should ba a well maintained shop, that's all. Looking forward, I'm pretty sure my first Jaguar homebrew will be a reboot game. :)

Though I must admit I could bite my own arse for missing out on Blackout too. :)

Edited by 108 Stars

Not saying Telegames are bad people, I just think they always make the impression of being dead.

Well I think to some extent it isn't the company it was - I understand where you are coming from. But the guy keeps on going and has some good if pricey stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, What? The flash cart has been caned? Good news on rebooteroids, I like a good game Asteriods, I can't wait to get this one.

Err, what? Nope, not cancelled. Nowhere near cancelled. In fact, there was an exact opposite of cancelled, it would be that!

• Like 2

Err, what? Nope, not cancelled. Nowhere near cancelled. In fact, there was an exact opposite of cancelled, it would be that!

My bad, I thought sh3-rg was talking about the JagCF. OK, I've got it now, I read "Cheap cartridges for developers and gamers" It's all clear to me now.

Edited by walter_J64bit

I just watched the video in the first post in this thread again.... wow, it's like a totally different game! Well, not quite, but a lot has changed! I think once we iron out a few more little things it'll be time for a new video - one that'll be slightly longer than 7 seconds ;)

I'll be really happy when this one is finished!

• Like 6

I would like a cheap cartridge just to permanently house some of the cooler games and slap a label on it (like if I ever successfully make the Bubsy version with the changes I would like to make.)

Or a cartridge of a few other homebrews I can think of. Probably this game too.