IGNORED

20th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog

20 years later and it's still one of my most favorite games :love:

to me the graphics still hold up very well. i also love the sequels to this.

post-22489-0-54684000-1303709320_thumb.jpg

post-22489-0-23964300-1303709337_thumb.png

also love watching Sonic X the cartoon on Saturday mornings! anyways can't believe it's been 20 years. still play it after all these years. Marble Zone still makes me mad lol. think i might play this on my Nomad tonight.

Edited by lushgirl_80
  • Like 1

Recapture that same magic, no, but Sonic 2 certainly built on it. First two are childhood gaming milestones for me, and the second two are great in their own ways, though they don't match the fun of the first two for me.

Sonic the Hedgehog, R.I.P. 1991-1994 (with brief zombie adventures outside his grave in 1999 and 2001)

He'll be missed.

Edited by Rex Dart

The original Sonic is the King of 16-bit games. None of the sequels ever recaptured the magic of the first game for me.

Sonic's the real reason why I wanted a Genesis in the first place. all the games before that looked cool (like Strider and Revenge of Shinobi) but the first time i played Sonic it felt like the bar had been raised very very high. It literally made all the NES games i played before that look crappy.

Has everything a great game should have: awesome graphics, a great soundtrack, good villains and a good plotline,etc...

I like the sequels but the first one is still the best. Sonic 2 is good but Tails can be a little annoying at times lol :ponder: i used to play that one alot with my cousin. Sonic CD looks really awesome too.

Recapture that same magic, no, but Sonic 2 certainly built on it. First two are childhood gaming milestones for me, and the second two are great in their own ways, though they don't match the fun of the first two for me.

Sonic the Hedgehog, R.I.P. 1991-1994 (with brief zombie adventures outside his grave in 1999 and 2001)

He'll be missed.

He is not yet dead, a game character can always come back as long as people have hope and are willing to try. Remember as Doctor brown Said the future is not set in stone, so make it a good one.(put that down using just memory so that might be a little bit off, plus there is sonic generations after all, though that is not certain either) Still have yet to buy Sonic 3 though, do have sonic and knuckles.

Edited by ATARI7800fan

He'll be missed.

He is not yet dead, a game character can always come back as long as people have hope and are willing to try. Remember as Doctor brown Said the future is not set in stone, so make it a good one.(put that down using just memory so that might be a little bit off, plus there is sonic generations after all, though that is not certain either) Still have yet to buy Sonic 3 though, do have sonic and knuckles.

I've got to agree with this after seeing the gameplay previews of Sonic Generations!

Sonic is still one of my favorite game mascots, Pre-Dreamcast era anyway. He had some AMAZING games, though oddly enough my favorite of the series happens to be Knuckles' Chaotix. Sonic 1 isn't far behind though.

He'll be missed.

I've got to agree with this after seeing the gameplay previews of Sonic Generations!

Sonic is still one of my favorite game mascots, Pre-Dreamcast era anyway. He had some AMAZING games, though oddly enough my favorite of the series happens to be Knuckles' Chaotix. Sonic 1 isn't far behind though.

Agree, I am also a fan of Knuckles Chaotix, usually use vector with Knuckles. Too bad they had to only release it on the 32X, would a genesis version of been that hard. Also is your avatar from Tail Spin.

Edited by ATARI7800fan

Agree, I am also a fan of Knuckles Chaotix, usually use vector with Knuckles. Too bad they had to only release it on the 32X, would a genesis version of been that hard. Also is your avatar from Tail Spin.

Personally, I wish it had been on Saturn. Would have been a great addition to the library, and good for marketing during the time. And yes it is! :cool:

SMS Sonic Chaos was another forgotten entry in the series. While not as great as the initial titles, it was still very playworthy. :)

That was a great one, definitely my favorite 8-bit Sonic game. Pocket Adventure was also excellent for an 8-bit title. Triple Trouble and 2 on GG were lackluster, but Sonic 1 was definitely good, if a little rough around the edges.

Edited by Baloo

Personally, I wish it had been on Saturn. Would have been a great addition to the library, and good for marketing during the time. And yes it is! :cool:

SMS Sonic Chaos was another forgotten entry in the series. While not as great as the initial titles, it was still very playworthy. :)

That was a great one, definitely my favorite 8-bit Sonic game. Pocket Adventure was also excellent for an 8-bit title. Triple Trouble and 2 on GG were lackluster, but Sonic 1 was definitely good, if a little rough around the edges.

That's what I though, cartoon's were so good in the 90's growing up as a kid, too bad cartoons these days seem to lack the charm and are just bad in comparison. Top favorites are, Tail Spin, darkwing duck, Rocko's modern life, Angry Beavers, animaniacs, Gargoyles, plus more. Those were the times. Love the 90's

Sonic the Hedgehog? Love the Genesis games (except Spinball and 3D Blast) and the Adventures, as well as most the shows (Sonic Underground is just mediocre) and the Archie comics series. The only Sonic anything I just can't stand at all is Sonic the Comic (the British comic series published by Fleetway). Thank you for reading this exposition.

Talking about the 20th anniversary, Sonic Generations definitely looks cool, and I'm very excited for the Genesis story arc in the Archie comics. Looks like Sonic is going to make up for his mostly tepid 15th birthday.

Sonic the Hedgehog? Love the Genesis games (except Spinball and 3D Blast) and the Adventures, as well as most the shows (Sonic Underground is just mediocre) and the Archie comics series. The only Sonic anything I just can't stand at all is Sonic the Comic (the British comic series published by Fleetway). Thank you for reading this exposition.

Talking about the 20th anniversary, Sonic Generations definitely looks cool, and I'm very excited for the Genesis story arc in the Archie comics. Looks like Sonic is going to make up for his mostly tepid 15th birthday.

i think when i go to the nearby comic book store on Saturday i'm gonna pick up an issue of that.

I love Sonic X the cartoon . ;) one of the only good Saturday morning cartoons right now. sometimes i watch Yugioh 5d's too lol....

The first Sonic the Hedgehog certainly has it's own bit of magic. When I think about it though, each one of the early games had their own awesome qualities not found the same way in any of the others. Sonic CD and Knuckles Chaotix on the 32X also have their bits of magic for me. Gotta love the early Sonic games!

well drats,i have'nt played Sonic 2 since the 90's.....from memory it was a little boring compare to part 1 and the music was'nt as memorable. yea the graphics were a big improvement. i dunno i might check it out again,maybe i'll see it in a different light today. i remember playing that with my cousin alot,don't remember if we got to the ending.

i've beat Sonic 1 a few times and love the ending.

As far as other Sonic games i'm also a fan of Sonic Fighters. Used to play that one at some Lazer Tag arcade place.

sonicgemscollection2005.jpg

• 1 month later...