IGNORED

Atari 2600 shoes

Schizophretard

It's an interesting attempt, but I don't look at them and think "Atari". Nike should have sprung for the rights to use the Fuji somewhere, and the woodgrain soles will just look dirty from any kind of distance.

Nice of them to credit the image of the 2600 to Atari Age.

Thanks for sharing the link!

• Like 2

I thought I saw these on this site before, and the consensus was that you really wouldn't know they were Atari related unless you were told. Then you say, "ah, I see it."

Still cool, though.

I was thinking maybe a yellow dashed line along the sole and an orange dot somewhere on the side might improve it. Just spitballin'.

It's an interesting attempt, but I don't look at them and think "Atari". Nike should have sprung for the rights to use the Fuji somewhere

Yeah, I thought they'd have the Fuji on them when I saw the thread title. Atari didn't have exclusive rights to a woodgrain look, so, yeah, I don't automatically think Atari. Plus, I grew up playing the Sears marble wood effect console.

It's an interesting attempt, but I don't look at them and think "Atari". Nike should have sprung for the rights to use the Fuji somewhere, and the woodgrain soles will just look dirty from any kind of distance.

Nice of them to credit the image of the 2600 to Atari Age.

Thanks for sharing the link!

If you saw me wearing Pac-Man pj pants with mazes all over them, green Atari Represent t-shirt with a joystick on it, and these shoes then would you think Atari after you thought dork? All I'm missing are the shoes.