IGNORED

AUTHENTIC ATOMIC CD?

Clay

I bought a copy of Atomic on Ebay a few weeks ago and I am now wondering if it is authentic.

Two things bother me about this item:

1. Obviously the CD itself. Just handwritten on a blank CD.

2. The CD case cover says the CD was given out during the Atari Connexion 2006. But page 2 of the pamphlet shows 33 people attended the AC 2007 convention and says see you at the Retro-gaming 2007 convention.

Almost everything is in French so I have no idea what most of it says.

If it is a fake it is an excellent fake with the exception of the CD.

BTW: I am also curious about one other thing. The pamphlet shows selling a DVD called 2005 Jaguar Connexion for 8 Euros. If anybody has seen this or has it can you give us an idea of what was on it.

Thanks

post-28325-0-36950900-1304518633_thumb.jpg

post-28325-0-97554000-1304518651_thumb.jpg

post-28325-0-82753500-1304518686_thumb.jpg

post-28325-0-61644700-1304518724_thumb.jpg

All Atomic CDs are blank original (no label), as it was a free give-away at first. I ordered mine upon first release, and it also has no CD label.

Later people started to make CD labels, so they are not originals if you want to see it that way.

Because Atomic is or was a free download, any burned CD is obviously not a fake.

The game was written in France, so all text would be in french.

Edited by high voltage

That's probably the one that I had up for sale - looks like it, anyway. (Did you buy from Orcatrainer? He was selling for me.) If yes, then it's authentic. Assuming of course, you believe what I say. ;)

I never had a Jaguar CD drive, at the time I was trying to support all homebrew efforts as the community hadn't yet burned me out. ;)

• Like 2

Hi,

I am the author of Atomic. I have no clue at all if it is authentic. Probably guys from the RGC will know better than me.

I think you can believe Tursi, if his assumption regarding the origin of this CD is correct.

By the way, I hope the auction did not get too high, since it was a free --not for resale-- CD release.

And since you can get the cd image free of charge from my website (http://removers.atari.org/) as well as most of my other productions.

• Like 5

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Yep, Tursi is correct about buying it from Orcatrainer. And yes I believe him about the authenticity. It was just that such a first class professional job on everything but the CD looked funny. I'll give Orcatrainer his positive feedback he's been asking about.

I had already downloaded Atomic and Atomic Reloaded but I love having the box and CD to show off (Like I did at MGC 2011) especially games I enjoy. That is why I did not hesitate to buy the CD of Superfly or DiamJag for instance. But they have to be reasonably priced. As much as I would love to, I will not be buying a $400 copy of GORF or $1200 for BSG.

I may not have actually bought this had I known about the CD but for $15 I'm OK with it.

SebRmv Puzzlers are my favorite and this looks like one I may never be able to finish. I disagree with the assessment on your web site. I think it is a good game, especially for a first game.

Hi,

I am the author of Atomic. I have no clue at all if it is authentic. Probably guys from the RGC will know better than me.

I think you can believe Tursi, if his assumption regarding the origin of this CD is correct.

By the way, I hope the auction did not get too high, since it was a free --not for resale-- CD release.

And since you can get the cd image free of charge from my website (http://removers.atari.org/) as well as most of my other productions.

• Like 2

Sorry about that Clay, I was sure that there was a photo of the CD in the auction? But I can't find it now.

If it helps, Seb, most of the funds are going to help a friend pay rent. ;)

Edited by Tursi

No worries, like I said I am fine with it. Glad you are able to help out a friend in need.

Sorry about that Clay, I was sure that there was a photo of the CD in the auction? But I can't find it now.

If it helps, Seb, most of the funds are going to help a friend pay rent. ;)