IGNORED

Spiker Question

Wow, congratulations on getting a complete Spiker!. That's quite a rare find.

Most cartridges require nothing more than a quick wipe of the card edge fingers (on both sides) with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. Just be sure that it isn't dripping wet--use just enough alcohol to moisten it--and that you wipe it clean with the dry end of the swab afterward to prevent any alcohol residue from accumulating on the fingers.

If you're reluctant to clean the cartridge yourself, you might want to test it first, and if it works without cleaning, sell it as-is. I'm sure most collectors who are in a position to buy a complete Spiker! are used to cleaning their own cartridges anyway.

Hi, in one of my Craigslist runs, I actually managed to pick up a complete Spiker. I usually would clean the cartridges before selling, but due to the rarity, I'm hesitant. Thoughts?

wow! Good for you! Why don't you test it and post pics here. You'll have no problems selling it as a number of us are after a CIB copy. Giving it a light cleaning shouldn't really pose any risks. Let us know if you're putting it up on eBay. The last one just went two weeks ago for $700.

I'm surprised no one said "pics or it didn't happen" :)

Well, here are the pics. I tested it and it worked, but it definitely needs to be cleaned.

What condition was the one that sold a while back? I searched for it, but couldn't find a completed listing for it.

post-24929-0-62716000-1304803292_thumb.jpg

post-24929-0-40033200-1304803297_thumb.jpg

post-24929-0-66094400-1304803301_thumb.jpg

post-24929-0-42977200-1304803305_thumb.jpg

That doesn't look too bad at all. The biggest issue I see is dust on the cartridge, which can be easily remedied with a paper towel and a little water. Use a cotton swab and some alcohol to clean out any stubborn dirt in the ridges on the top and face of the cartridge, then wipe down the top and bottom with a slightly damp paper towel. To get rid of the dirt on or around the label, you might want to blow it off with some canned air or gently brush it off with a dry/clean paintbrush, but try not to get any liquid on the label, as this might cause it to get stained or wrinkled.

That doesn't look too bad at all. The biggest issue I see is dust on the cartridge, which can be easily remedied with a paper towel and a little water. Use a cotton swab and some alcohol to clean out any stubborn dirt in the ridges on the top and face of the cartridge, then wipe down the top and bottom with a slightly damp paper towel. To get rid of the dirt on or around the label, you might want to blow it off with some canned air or gently brush it off with a dry/clean paintbrush, but try not to get any liquid on the label, as this might cause it to get stained or wrinkled.

Thanks for the info - the non-glossy label scares me a bit about cleaning the cart - normally I don't have any issues with cleaning stuff, but I'm not working with carts that are worth that much :) When I do go to sell it, I'll put it up in the marketplace. I'm interested in keeping usable carts, not stuff that people can't touch, for fear of them breathing on it wrong :)

Here's the link. The original closed at $305 with the reserve not met and then was sold to a member here for $700. The box has a small rip at the top. I wish your box didn't have the stains on it, although I'm guessing you paid $10 or less so i'd say you'll do pretty well on it! :)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1207120476641?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120712047664&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

do you take offer here or do you plan to sell it on ebay?????

I'm sure you could find a good price here and a good buyer too + you will save all those ebay fee

the box is ok but not perfect so I'm sure you could have a good price

pm me if you want to sell it.....my paypal is ready ;)