IGNORED

WHAT IS YOUR MOST RARE ATARI GAME

atari5200dude82

5200 Miner 2029er Gold Label Red Cart

My rare 5200 cart is really not that rare, but how I got it. I could not find Miner 2049er at any of the local stores when it was announced. I ended up driving to the Big 5 office up in L.A. I was disappointed all they had was the red cart, I really wanted the one with the pic in it. The guy back then told me there is a shorter production run on the red cart, maybe it was Bill Houge himself? :cool:

My rarest "2600 Cart"

Not really a cart, but a rare add on to the Starpath cart. It would have to be the Starpath Demo Kios module. I bought it at a local swap meet years ago for around five bucks. :D

Here is a pic of a cart from Atari Age:

proto_StarpathDemo.jpg

Edited by CRTGAMER
  • Like 3

Probably my PAL Master Builder by SpectraVideo.I found it loose, label is mint condition though.It's so frustratingly difficult to find anything decently rare nowadays.Whenever i do find something i think is rare or special, i look it up and find it's disappointingly common, and that happens %99.9 of the time for me. :x :roll: But that's alright, i can no longer afford to be buying too many games now, priorities have changed for me now where bills and food is more important to save my money for and money for that is already tight.Inflation is getting unreal.

Edited by Rik

I used to have Master Builder, but traded it to someone on here for some SMS games.

Man I hated that game... I had it since i was a kid, could never do anything with it. I could build stuff, but never what they WANTED me to build.

That first tower was SO easy looking, but damn near impossible to build, I can't imagine trying some of the later buildings the attract mode would display.

Rarity is cool, but if I tried that game again now I'd probably break it in half, so it's better off in someone else' hands :)

I used to have Master Builder, but traded it to someone on here for some SMS games.

Man I hated that game... I had it since i was a kid, could never do anything with it. I could build stuff, but never what they WANTED me to build.

That first tower was SO easy looking, but damn near impossible to build, I can't imagine trying some of the later buildings the attract mode would display.

Rarity is cool, but if I tried that game again now I'd probably break it in half, so it's better off in someone else' hands :)

Yep i know exactly what you mean.Master Builder is ridiculously hard, just insane more like it, you just have to do too much.I don't mind challenge, but this is a game where they tried to stuff 10 bags of clothes into 1 bag analogy if you will. ;) The only reason i got it is for collecting purposes and that it was only $1.99.Good game concept though, just doesn't work here, overly ambitious of a game.

Edited by Rik

• 3 weeks later...

Mangia! loose just sold for Euro 35 on german ebay, bargain

I got a Telegames Glacier Patrol cib

X-Man cib

Miner 2 loose

all 8 ITT games cib

Bumper Bash and Master Builder cib

Gas Hog german cib

btw, I love Master Builder, I managed to build the first three buildings, but never the museum nor the memorial

Edited by high voltage

Ms. Pac-Jr prototype. 1 ever made! I still have it. Not well known at all.

Is it her daughter? Dumped yet?

Yes. I have a rom dumper and I have dumped the rom and converted it to a .A78 file.

I have Spider Maze and two copies of Vulture Attack, both R9. Next would be Robin Hood/Sir Lancelot and Mr. Do's Castle, both R8. All were found in the wild. Sadly, none are boxed.

Weird, I had a spider maze and two copies of vulture attack until I sold them.

Well you didn't sell them to me. :) I picked up the first Vulture Attack at a flea market almost 20 years ago. The other two were obtained on separate occasions - in thrift stores I think. Everything I own has been purchased new (back in the day), purchased at a thrift store/flea market or through a local ad or trade.

Haven't been collecting too long, so I'd say my rarest is Pete Rose Baseball. It's the only 5 I have. Got a lot of 4s. Nothing above a 5 yet.

Also, on a separate note, someone should make a Ms. Donkey Kong to complete the family.

Edited by Epyx_Fail

I'm still in the early stages of my collection so I'm focusing more on the great classic titles, albeit common, than on the obscure, rare ones. Anyway I recently bought off ebay a Marauder CIB, which will definitely be my precious one (but didn't get it yet...)

I've only just started down the Atari 2600 road (I was concentrating on Vectrex and Atari 5200) so I don't have much beyond a CIB Stellar Track and Submarine Commander (I prefer the Sears Tele-Games to the more popular Atari versions so I'll be trying to collect all my favorite 2600 games as Sears versions to match those two) and a CIB Omega Race with the Booster-Grip.