IGNORED

Atari Age Haul Thread

This whole pile was $25 at a local housing development sale. :D

Wow, that's awesome. What's a "housing development sale"?

That's when the families in a development have a large group sale. Usually better finds than on individual sales. None of the systems are operational, but I can fix them. Diagnosis is complete. The 2 woodies need a control port each, 1 black one needs a chip, and other black one needs switch +rf modulator.

I mentioned it in another thread but I won a Colecovision on eBay last weekend. It isn't here yet thanks to the Memorial Day Weekend but I'm expecting it on Tuesday.

2qa1v04.jpg

Coming with:

Colecovision

Expansion Module #1 (for playing 2600 games)

Power Supply & RF Adapter

2 Colecovision controllers

1 Atari 2600 joystick

Games

Galaxian (2600)

Demon Attack (2600)

Battlezone (2600)

Carnival (Colecovision)

Best part is, Galaxian is the only 2600 game I have, so I get to add to my 2600 collection while I'm at it. $72 total (free shipping). The CV board guys said I got a good deal. Pretty excited to play it on Tuesday!

Picked up a TG16 with Turbo Stick from a member here. Also checked out a game store over the weekend and picked up Sega Rally, House of the Dead 2 and Hydro Thunder for the Dreamcast and found Legendary Axe off of Ebay. In all it came to around $80 which includes the shipping on the Turbografx.

Don't mind my son's carpet. The only way the wife would allow a room for all my games was if it was an overall play room for the kids as well. Oh well.

post-27652-0-51801200-1307397085_thumb.jpg

Edited by GKC

While walking down the street yesterday, I passed a box out at the curb going out for trash. something caught my eye. Super C, Tetris, and Festers quest. nothing heart stopping, but I don't think you could find something any more "in the wild" than laying by the road in a box. :D

vpjnsj.jpg

These came from yesterday's visit to the local game store.

Oddworld - 7 bucks

Cruis'n USA - 3 bucks

Winback - 2 bucks

I was super excited to pop in Abe's Oddysee until I realized it is the most challenging game I've ever laid my hands on. Didn't get too far before I decided to call it quits icon_frown.gif

• 2 months later...

Here are the games I got from the State Fair yesterday:

Chew-Man-Fu - Tg-16

Dead Moon - Tg-16

Fantasy Zone - Tg-16

Golden Axe - Sms

Shadowgate Classic - GBC

Sprintmaster - Atari 2600

Tax Avoiders - Atari 2600

The vendor at the State fair actually is a store that sell video games besides being a vendor at the Midwest Gaming Classic.

Edited by 8th lutz

icon_ponder.gif

Can't say I've ever seen one here besides thrift finds.

It's kind of an unspoken rule that you can post anything in the thrift finds thread. In fact, I'm rather sure it has been discussed before in the thread.

Yeah I sort of figured, now I just post whatever I get in there. May this thread rest in peace :D

Yes, this is me in bed with my latest purchase. I don't think it's possible to get any nerdier :D I'm loving the Virtual Boy by the way, right up there with my Vectrex in terms of odd retro gaming amusement. It's so, unique!

251504_10150263395847408_516902407_7958290_8314429_n.jpg