IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Woo hoo! Went to Flea World and picked up the following at Game Traders:

2 port 5200 w/ 1 WORKING controller, Pac Man, Vanguard, Realsports Tennis - $35

NHL 94 (CIB, Sega CD) - $0.99

NBA JAM (sealed, Sega CD) - $1.99

FINALLY, I have a 5200. And it has a working conroller to boot! I've had a stack of 5200 games sitting in a drawer for many years, and now I can finally play them. The system is awesome, by the way, I'm really having a good time w/ it.

Found a boxed Atari "Touch Me" handheld at the thrifts last weekend. Box is in OK shape and no instructions, but the unit looks new and it was only $1.99. I had never even heard of this thing, so it was a very cool thing to find. Guess it was the only handheld Atari made?

Found a boxed Atari "Touch Me" handheld at the thrifts last weekend. Box is in OK shape and no instructions, but the unit looks new and it was only $1.99. I had never even heard of this thing, so it was a very cool thing to find. Guess it was the only handheld Atari made?

don't forget about the lynx

don't forget about the lynx

Yes, but the Lynx was a system as opposed to a handheld game only.

My step sister gave me the following games.

Basketball 2600

Haunted House 2600

Space Invaders 2600

Solaris 2600

Super Challenge Football 2600

Demon Attack 2600

Yars Revenge 2600

Missle Command 2600

Asteroids 7800

Tomcat F-14 Fighter Sim 7800

Desert Falcon 7800

Impossible Mission 7800

Karateka 7800

Super Skateboardin 7800

Choplifter 7800

Ace of Aces 7800

Fight Night 7800

I've been scooping up a bunch of $1 Sega Genesis carts for their shells, and I just got a bunch from Dusk2600 too.

I also found an Outrun 2019 for Genesis with box and instructions for $5.

ouch 1.00 each cart! i know of some places that sell there reletively cheap, pm me later. Ps glad u got them :)

Yeah, except for shipping. That batch you just sent me worked out to about 90 cents a cart, so $1 each (and sometimes 50 cents) isn't bad with no shipping. (okay, so I insisted on you sending a few snap cases, but most of those I needed some part or another for my collection) But since my price range was $1 or less, it was still okay with me.

Right now I'm at the point where I have sufficient shells until I actually come up with something worth making a run of circuit boards for. I would also like to start opening up carts and documenting what kind of chips are used by various games. In particular, I want to figure out which games use serial EEPROM save, so that I can copy the circuitry and tell the emulator that's what I'm using.

But I am filling in some commons holes in my collection at the same time. Just yesterday I realized that the Hollywood Video in New Braunfels had a Game Crazy, and they had more cheap Sega carts than I've encountered at any other GC so far in Austin or San Antonio. I even got a Valis III for a dollar (yeah, it's R2, but I didn't have it, and it's not a stupid sports game), and (obligatory on-topic content) a few rares with their 3 for $10 special: Starflight, Zero Tolerance, Richard Scarry's BusyTown.

(more obligatory on-topic content) and while I still don't have a Wii, I got a Wiimote/chuck set for Christmas, thanks to being lucky to walk into a GameStop just as they were putting them out on the shelf on the same day I was shopping with my mom. I guess I should find that Wii Saber program so I can so something with it!

i loved zero tolerance.......is that game hard to find now.......

I have no idea. It's just that DP lists it as an R4, and I'm usually willing to pay up to the rarity in dollars for any loose R1-R5 game that I don't already have.

I just did some checking, and this actually supported a link cable between the right joystick ports. Also, the binary of ZT and its unfinished sequel were released by the original developer as freeware, with the restriction of keeping them unchanged.

Not really a thfit shop, but I was stunned at some finds today:

Game X Change in Edmond:

Sears Pic Basketball $.95

Couple of semi common Game Boy carts, Punisher and Radar Mission $6.95 each (yeah, a truly rare find!!)

I left behind a Sears Pic Baseball, and it's also $.95.

Next stop was Game X Change in Midewest City. They had manuals that go with the Atari text label Video Olympics, Othello, and Slot Machine, they had a manual for Porky's, they had the comic book for Swordquest Earthworld, a multilanguage manual for the CX-80 Trak-Ball, a Winter/Spring 1983 Activision catalog, and an Atari catalog, part #CO14356-Rev. D.

I asked the clerk how much the manuals cost. He told me to take them, since the store throws them out when they come in.

So I browsed around, wanting to make that worth his time, and I spotted a Sega arcade stick for the Saturn for $6.95, and a Nyko Super Cobra, also for $6.95.

While he was ringing those up, I just happened to ask if he'd had a Gear to Gear cable come through. "Yup, got one right here," he said, and produced it. :o :o :o

It cost me five measly bucks!

I'm going to post the CX-80 manual for trade in the marketplace. If anyone wants it, keep an eye out for it. I've got a CX-22, which looks like an older style trak ball than the CX-80.

I asked the clerk how much the manuals cost. He told me to take them, since the store throws them out when they come in.

I hope some of us near stores with similar policies have asked if they would hold manuals for us. Or, here's an alternate idea the stores could use: keep all manuals (and any other such "throwaway" items) in a bin on the counter marked "FREE". Maybe even separate bins by system, but that's probably asking too much. :|

man the game xchange here charges 2.95 no matter what VCS game it is......

i love dollar games.............just like i love my mcdonalds dollar menu....awww yeaaa... :cool:

I was hoping that would be the case at this new used game place that opened up in Somersworth NH. They had a ton of R7's and below, but they wanted.....can you believe this crap........FAIR VALUE!!!! Bastids........

I was hoping to have a minty Tax Avoiders, Commando, Miner 2049er, Rampage, Cosmic Commuter, and Centipede and Galaxian for the CV for a buck apiece, but no......they took out a value guide......

Vintage Stock pulled that garbage on me, too.

They aren't priced--they're called BULK video games...do you want to sell them or not!?

"Our internet isn't working, and we can't check prices online, so we're not going to sell you that game you want," translates automatically in my head to, "We're greedy resellers who want to buy all your stuff for as little as possible and sell it for rip off prices to other people, and we're going to bug you relentlessly until either you sell out to us or you grow a brain and go to Game X Change up the road."

Vintage Stock pulled that garbage on me, too.

They aren't priced--they're called BULK video games...do you want to sell them or not!?

"Our internet isn't working, and we can't check prices online, so we're not going to sell you that game you want," translates automatically in my head to, "We're greedy resellers who want to buy all your stuff for as little as possible and sell it for rip off prices to other people, and we're going to bug you relentlessly until either you sell out to us or you grow a brain and go to Game X Change up the road."

GODDDDD.........i hate that "our internet is down so we cant sell you the games...and we only go by ebay prices and we just sell the stuff and have no idea what it costs" bullshit :x :x

Off craigslist:

Ps2 old model

internet adapter

1 real controler

1 sealed offbrand

1 memory card

and the following 22 games

Ps2 games:

tetris worlds

Starwars battlefront

tigerwoods 03

tigerwoods 04

World championship poker

star wars bounty hunter

GTA vice city

GTA san andreas

fishermans bass club

Madden 03,04,06

Ps1 games:

themepark loose

tombraider 3 loose

ridge racer

blitz 2000

VR soccer

Next Tetris

INTELLIGENT QUBE

all for 100.00 its goin off to ebay

An ebay purchase arrived today (super fast shipping!):

Atari XE system w/ kbd, light gun, XE joystick, 2600 stick.

Games: Fight Night, Pole Position, Donkey Kong Jr., Lode Runner, Bug Hunt, Final Legacy, Robotron:2084, Barnyard Blaster, Rescue on Fractalus, Flight Simulator II, Necromancer, Blue Max and Joust.

A couple of the games have instructions, but most are just loose.

$60 including shipping.

Not a bad deal. I had a couple of Atari 8-bit carts sitting around for a while, but couldn't play them. I remember seeing Necromancer in magazines in the 80s, and thought it looked cool. I'm digging it so far.

This is apparently Atari Month for me, as I got an XE and 5200 in the last couple weeks. =) I made some extra money by working over Xmas and New Years Eve/Day, and I figured it was about time to get systems for these games I've had around for ages.

I was hoping to have a minty Tax Avoiders, Commando, Miner 2049er, Rampage, Cosmic Commuter, and Centipede and Galaxian for the CV for a buck apiece, but no......they took out a value guide......

Ignoring, of course that guide prices are supposed to be the maximum price a buyer can be expected to pay for something in perfect condition, and the cartridge in question looks like it was once a dog toy or has half the label ripped off when the Blockbuster stickers were removed?