IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

bust3dstr8! that gray 15-cartridge nes game holder is what i have! i thought i was the only person in the world who had it, as i tried to find it multiple times, but found nothing! i bought mine at a flea market when i was like 9 years old, (along with a nice big 12-inch batman statue...yeah!) well, i always wanted to know if there was any like label, emblems, etc. on it? mine is just blank w/ the little rubber feet on one side......awesome that somebody else has this! I'll buy it from you.....that is if you dont want it ;)

I have one of those too. But this one, and apparently yours are missing the door. There is a grey door that goes all the way across the front and swings down to open.

Found a new used music and game store. Yay! Collecting is fun.

All COMPLETE, paid about $75 for all of it. Didn't get an all out awesome deal, but I didn't get ripped IMO either, fair pricing for a bunch of complete stuff.

Genesis:

-Truxton

-Ghouls n Ghosts

-Jeopardy

-Desert Strike

-Lost Vikings

-Task Force Harrier EX

SMS:

-Rambo III

-Altered Beast

-Space Harrier

-Enduro Racer

-Shinobi

-Double Dragon

-Thunder Blade

-Fantasy Zone

-Monopoly

-F16 Fighting Falcon

-My Hero

-Ghost House

SNES:

-Super Nova

-Sim Earth

-American Gladiators (loose)

NES:

Rad Racer 2 ($3 complete)

I stopped into Goodwill before work today... and to say the least, I'm glad I stopped! I found a bunch of NES games!

Adventures of Bayou Billy, The

American Gladiators

Bart vs. the World*

Baseball Stars*

Castlevania*

Caveman Games*

Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers*

Donkey Kong Classics*

Final Fantasy*

Kings of the Beach

Kirby's Adventure

Jordan vs. Bird One on One*

Major League Baseball*

Metal Gear

Metroid ("Classic Series" re-release)

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!*

Pinball

Skate or Die*

Super Mario Bros.* (stand-alone)

T&C Surf Designs

Tecmo Bowl

Tecmo Super Bowl*

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Time Lord*

Total Recall

Wario's Woods*

(Titles with a star beside them are the ones I didn't already have.)

They were marked 99¢ each. Since I was buying ALL of them, they gave me a price of 59¢ each.

Total, with tax = $16.61.

BUT... I had a full "Value Card" at my disposal. (Every time you spend $15, you get it stamped. With 10 stamps on the card, you get $15 [plus tax] worth of free stuff.) I don't know if they do that elsewhere in the country -- I'm located in southeast TX.

I ended up paying $0.04 for all these games. Some of which are rare.

Edited by DrLove0378

Dr. Love:My goodwill has that too, only every time you spend $10 you get it punched, and the 10th time, you get $10 off. My goodwill sells all videogames for $3 a piece, except oddysey2 which they sell for $0.50 a piece, and i found a winnie the pooh sega pico game for $7.50, dont know what they are worth, but i aint payin $7.50 for a winnie the pooh sega pico game unless it is rare.

Edited by ewing92

Left:

Nine catbox games including Cybermorph (no idea what that's worth)

Picked up:

River Raid and Keystone Kapers for the 5200

RealSports Boxing, Q*Bert, and Gangster Alley for the 2600

This was from the Game X Change at 240 and Penn, if anyone from OKC on here is interested in the catbox games.

post-7210-1174182714_thumb.jpg

post-7210-1174182730_thumb.jpg

Edited by shadow460

Went by the Goodwill "Blue Hanger" (aka Salvage) yesterday just because I felt like shopping. Paid cheap for a bunch of stuff, including a Street Fighter II Special Championship Edition for Genesis, with box/instructions (which I didn't have before).

But the cool part was that I found an empty CD sleeve for SCUS-94618 "Playstation Demo Disc Version 1.3", then came home and realized that I had a sleeveless disc for it! Kick ass!

Found a ton of crazy shit today:

game pro issue 1 Free(for sale in marketplace)

paid 16 for this only mine has a nicer box

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyiE8b_1FaRUA...stroCommand.htm

16.00 coleco alien attack

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyiHbb_1FGhUA...AlienAttack.htm

10.00 1981 galaxian 2 (entex)

snes with 2 controlers no games 5.00

Atari 2600 games:

pole postin' error end label 1.00

starwars arcade game 5.00

moosnsweeper 1.00 (blue activision)

racquetball 4.00

atari comp choplifter 5.00

unsolved mysteries box set (ghosts) 12.00

Edited by Dusk2600

Went to a few goodwills in plainfield, Indiana and one in Ohio. Here is the stuff I found.

N64 System w/power supply, and expansion pak .99

APF TV Fun System .99

Sega Saturn Eclipse Controller .99

NES Cleaning System CIB Like New .99

Sonic 2 Game Gear .99

Masters of the Universe 2600 1.99

Anticipation NES 1.99

Kid Icarus NES 1.99 <~Awesome Find

Pinball! NES Manual Free

Sanitarium, Ski Resort PC NIB 2.49

Vortex SNES 1.00

Virtua Fighter 32x 1.00

post-10277-1174311614_thumb.jpg

post-10277-1174311623_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ghost Soldier

Ghost Soldier, that's amazing for Goodwill...i haven't found one in Ohio that sells games that cheap in years. Everything around here starts at $3 or $4 and just goes up from there. And don't even get me started on the number of N64 systems i've seen sitting in Goodwills for $30 or $40. :(

I need an expansion pack pretty badly for mine, as well as that Masters of the Universe Atari game. PM me if you're interested in unloading either of them for a reasonable price.

Ghost is always lucky.....especially with the Masters of the Universe find and Kid Icarus (haven't seen that game anywhere)

I wanna go thriftin' with him. :D

I almost broke into a dance when I stumbled across kid icarus. It was with a bunch of nes games I already had. I thought of buying them too but left' em. What I left behind was Dragon Warrior, Black Bass, Jeopardy, and a couple others. I also left behind two 2600 games: Dark Cavern, and Football. I have the wife and kids keeping a watchful lookout in other area's of the stores. My son tends to find controller's in the toy boxes. On occasion my wife finds a few games thrown in with the households. Ne-time you wanna go pres I'll take ya along.

Edited by Ghost Soldier

i'd tag along except i live in ohio :D j/p where in ohio is that goodwiil at? I live in Northern Central Ohio, Marion, OH to be exact, just found out there is a flea market near the city, so i went there, nothing, it was some little small country place, only thing video game related they had was a ps1 w/ I/O port, but lol $35 is a bit much. I heard form a friedn that there is one closer, that is actually in the city, but i havent been able to find it by searching mapquest, maybe tho, it will actually be big and i will get a few good finds, but i doubt it.

Edited by ewing92

i'd tag along except i live in ohio :D j/p where in ohio is that goodwiil at? I live in Northern Central Ohio, Marion, OH to be exact, just found out there is a flea market near the city, so i went there, nothing, it was some little small country place, only thing video game related they had was a ps1 w/ I/O port, but lol $35 is a bit much. I heard form a friedn that there is one closer, that is actually in the city, but i havent been able to find it by searching mapquest, maybe tho, it will actually be big and i will get a few good finds, but i doubt it.

It was right outside of huber heights. On Levgee Road(or something close to that) at the cedarville exit.

Edited by Ghost Soldier

It was right outside of huber heights. On Levgee Road(or something close to that) at the cedarville exit.

Oh great. So the one non-corrupt Goodwill in Ohio is only like half an hour from my house, but in a town where there's absolutely no other reason to go. :)

SCORE!!!!

alright.. not video game related.. nor from a thrift store..

but still teh awesomeness!

and old school Dukane Micromatic film strip projector with built in turntable!

and the bitch works!

I scored this girl when taking a load of crap from one of the properties to the dump

it was sitting in the "too good to waste" pile

so the price?

FREE!

well.. unless you count the $3 fee to dump stuff :ponder:

now all I need is some film strips :D

post-1956-1174426850_thumb.jpg

Edited by BeerGnome

Great score at the Goodwill Salvage today. A blue GBA with good batteries for $2. It needed the cart slot blown out before it worked with a game, but I got it to work. Also, a late model 1 Genesis (I opened it up and didn't see the port-3 holes on the motherboard) for another $2, and Diablo II Win/Mac (no instructions) for $1.50.

I had forgotten how bad the old GBA screen was until I tried to play it. Wow, that's pretty bad. I couldn't see the shots from the bad guys in Galaga at all.

Oh, and I forgot to mention last week's find. I went down to New Braunfels to meet with relatives for dinner, and had an extra half hour to kill, so I went down to the Goodwill. They had a bunch of boxed Genesis games for $2 each. I got 688 Attack Sub, Super Battleship, Power Monger, Outlander, and Sword of Vermillion (missing the hint book), and also got a Sega CD Classics/Sherlock Holmes flip-pak (no instructions or sleeve if they came with one) for $2.

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

... and also got a Sega CD Classics/Sherlock Holmes flip-pak (no instructions or sleeve if they came with one) for $2.

There is a small instruction book/sheet (like 4 pages I think) for Sherlock Holmes, but I don't remember any documentation for the Classics disc. Those flip paks also didn't have any outer sleeve, at least not with my console.