IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Hot dam!!! Got a manufacture/copyright date on that stuff? You gonna use or flip?

I'm going to use some of it in the new game room. I'll glance at it tonight to get a date it was made. The wall trim, and wall covering are SMB and the Stickers are SMB 2. Sticker price are as follows on the rolls:

Wall Coverings 24.99 a roll

Wall Trim 14.99 a roll

Wall Stickers 19.99 a roll

had a great day of finds yesturday kinda felt like ghost soldier yesturday ;)

ps2 grand theft auto san andreas 4.99 cib

def jam vandetta 3.99 missing manual

snes 2.99 each

zombies ate my neighbors

super metroid :cool:

t2 judgment day

paper boy 2

and wave race n64 3.99

Great finds especially Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Super Metroid. Zombies is one of my all-time favs. You need to check out Ghoul Patrol if you dig Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Hot dam!!! Got a manufacture/copyright date on that stuff? You gonna use or flip?

I'm going to use some of it in the new game room. I'll glance at it tonight to get a date it was made. The wall trim, and wall covering are SMB and the Stickers are SMB 2. Sticker price are as follows on the rolls:

Wall Coverings 24.99 a roll

Wall Trim 14.99 a roll

Wall Stickers 19.99 a roll

Manufactured by Rosewall Inc./ Cluster, N.J. 07624

Date Manufactured 1989

i hope this was a great find

went to a pawn shop and found GUNSTAR HEROES for the sega genesis for a whopping 2.99

and gaulet n64 also for 2.99

then went to a local video store and the owner gave me some n64 boxes FREE of :cool:

golden eye 007

tetrisphere

rugrats

turok 2

mario party

kirby 64

twisted snowboard

nfl blitz

madden 64

Goodwill had a Guitar Hero III for Wii a while back for $70. Not wanting to risk it being broken, and stuck with $70 of in store credit, I passed up. One day, it disappeared. Then it was back priced "as is" at $30. THen it disappeared forever.

I was glad I passed on it.

Then a new one appeared.

I then bought Guitar Hero III for Wii. It was $40. I used my 25% birthday coupon.

Got home. Played a few rounds, then noticed the last button did not fire. Took the headstock apart but could not find anything wrong there. Not wanting to bother with it anymore, I packed it back up and returned it.

Not only am I stuck with in store credit, They also refused to give me my 25% off coupon back. I was pissed.

Also, the credit they give you back is printed on the cheap thermal reciept paper that wears off really easily. You have to be very cautious with this receipt, or it will erase itself and you're fucked.

I saw a copy of GH III in Goodwill a while back, and the first thing that popped into my head was "Why the hell would such an expensive and popular game be at a Goodwill, IN THE BOX?". The second thought that popped into my head was "It's broken, of course".

Your instincts were good the first time around, i wouldn't bother with the third one you see. :)

I saw a copy of GH III in Goodwill a while back, and the first thing that popped into my head was "Why the hell would such an expensive and popular game be at a Goodwill, IN THE BOX?". The second thought that popped into my head was "It's broken, of course".

Your instincts were good the first time around, i wouldn't bother with the third one you see. :)

I know target donates a bunch of stuff to our goodwill. I have already bought about 3 Wii remotes, a classic controller, and a nunchuck that worked fine. I was hoping it would be some return or something. But there is a reason to return it.

But I should have trusted my insticts.

From pawn shops:

Konami Arcade Advanced for GBA $4.00

Kirby Tilt n Tumble for Gameboy Color $5.00 (what a fun game!)

From Goodwill, which almost never has anything (and when they do it's just a dirty Sega Genesis Model 1 with one controller and no games for $35.00!)

Samuri Shodown for Sega CD

Midnight Raiders for Sega CD

Price Fighter for Sega CD

only $.99 each!

I don't even have a Sega CD yet, but I was so suprised, I thought why not. :)

So this is why my local Target didn't have any good post-Christmas clearance games!

They were all at Goodwill!

Got two games for the 360, sealed. All-Pro Football 2K8 for $10, and Tomb Raider Legend for $4. Not too shabby, especially for Goodwill. I can't believe they weren't $20! These didn't have Target tags on them, so i don't know if i got completely boned or not. The Target tags were still on a few other games in the stack though, and the prices seemed pretty close to Goodwill's markup overall.

I ran into a Goodwill yesterday and saw an utterly mint and perfect Columbia Home Arcade. Its a pretty rare find. It had the controllers, and the paperwork and the power supply and all. Like I said, mint condition.

Too bad it was priced at $74.99

I took a pass.....I asked the person at the register if it was a misprint. Nope, no misprint, "it's a collector's item, you know..."

Of course, I'm probably the only one around this town who knows what it's worth, and since I'm passing on it, I can't imagine it will be sold anytime soon. Maybe it will be there for half-price day.....