IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

had the day off today so i ran over to some pawn shops and thrift shops in the next town over(mishawaka)and found:

yoshi for game boy(game and clear case)$0.99

tiny toon bab's big break for gameboy(cart only)$0.99

gyruss for atari 2600(complete)$0.99

bowling for intellivision(cart only)$0.99

boxing for intellivision(cart only)$0.99

carnival for intellivision(cart only)$0.99

he man for intellivision(cart)$0.99

vegas dreams for nes(cart only)$1

dudes with attitude for nes(cart only)$1

run saber for snes(cart only)$1

classified the sentinel crisis for xbox(complete)$1.99

magic carpet for psx(complete,long box)$4.99

clockwork knight for saturn(complete)$4.99

then went to gamecrazy and bought:

condemned 2 for xb360(used,complete)$26.99 after mvp(game is on sale for 36.99 new,29.99 used)

frogger ancient shadow for cube(complete)$11.69 after mvp

guinness world records gamers edition 2008:$19.99

preordered mgs 4 and got the dvd/online beta

Today i went to value village i should go every day they have genises there for 4 dollors all there systems there are 4!

I picked up a zinger joysick its pink for the nes 1.99

Cords for nes 1.99

And superspike v ball .50

They add new things to the stock each day. Now only if i could get a job :roll:

Zelda II at Game X Change - $10.

Atari VCS literature:

Manuals for the following stuff...

CX2600 A Video Computer System (this must have been the woody)

Remote Control Wireless Joysticks

Manuals for Atari picture label carts:

Berzerk

Demon to Diamonds

Combat

Space Invaders

Defender

Outlaw

Pac-Man

Asteroids

Manuals for Atari Silver Label 1 carts:

Phoenix

Ms. Pac-Man

Centipede

Manuals for Atari Silver label 2 carts:

Dig Dug

Kangaroo

Other game manuals:

Space Attack (M Network)

Towering Inferno (US Games black)

Eggomania (US Games blue/white)

Carnival (Coleco)

Demon Attack (Imagic)

Cosmic Ark (Imagic)

Warranty cards:

US Games

Vidtec

VCS warranty card

Catalogs:

Atari CO16725 Rev C

Atari CO16725 Rev E (2x)

Imagic 700500-1 Rev A (2x)

...and a Nintendo Power ad.

Best part, all the literature was FREE!

Damn! I've only ever seen two PS2's for sale at thrifts and such, and both were way broken. I'd like to find one someday, there are a few games out there I definitely want to take for a spin. I'm sure this summer will be the time to find PS2's at garage sales and such. I'm just now starting to see more Game Cubes around. Xboxes should be getting plentiful pretty soon too...

Nothing at the Goodwill, but I saw a sign for a yard sale, where I picked up a filthy Dreamcast with all the connections, 2 controllers (one is third-party), 2 VMUs, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Seaman, and--best of all--Shenmue. I have not played it before, but I know it's highly regarded. Seller wanted $25, but I took it for $15 due to the condition issues.

Last week I hit a Savers and picked up a NES for $15. Usually I leave those, but this one was in good shape, so I took a chance. Haven't even tested it yet; I am swamped with stuff right now.

It is indeed; I already have a Dreamie. I mainly bought this one for Shenmue, the other games, and the weird controller...also just basically to save it from a possibly sad future because it looked like hell. However, some Simple Green cleaner, a couple of Q-tips, and a nice wipedown made the console look great. It will be appearing on chasethechuckwagon.com soon!

I didn't do a very good job of checking things over though. There's no Seaman game, just the case and instrux. However, inside the console was a copy of Gundam Side Story 0079. So I guess it works out. There was also a microphone in one of the controller slots--I didn't have one of these before.

Honestly, though, I usually just play NES games on my Dreamcast. RBI Baseball and such... I do plan to play Shenmue though.

Dreamcast is a very good emulator too, in addition to having a good homebrew scene. Surprisingly it's a great system for a retro fan. ;)

So, I just left my local Salvation Army with 2 Game Brains in their boxes for 2.50 apiece.

The one royal pain was that this particular SA puts things like this in the bricabrac category, meaning that it all gets dumped into one of 4 huge bins. I found the boxes first and then had to paw through all that nasty stuff to find the Brains. It took about 20 minutes. I hate that people take stuff out of the boxes like that.

What's the "Game Brain"? I can only think of the Atari prototype system that was never sold in stores. Is it an LED game that I'm not remembering?

Some nice scores over here today on half-price day:

NES - $1.25 each, many with black sleeves

shooting range

american gladiators

roadblasters

bigfoot

championship bowling

lemmings

godzilla

jurassic park

f-15 strike eagle

twin eagle

back to the future

battle tank

maniac mansion

karate kid

SNES Jurassic Park

SNES power instinct

I also found this oddball piece of "folk art" for $1.50 (it was half price day, after all!)

post-152-1207602254_thumb.jpg

post-152-1207602267_thumb.jpg

I also found this oddball piece of "folk art" for $1.50 (it was half price day, after all!)

post-152-1207602254_thumb.jpg post-152-1207602267_thumb.jpg

Now you have another place to keep your loose carts!

Not a video game find (I haven't exactly had much ability to go anywhere recently due to truck in the shop), but I went to an auction where they were closing out a comic book store (closed due to not paying rent for three months), and for 15 bucks got twelve old Warp Elfquest comics (#2-#14 missing #11 I think, some originally $1.25, some originally $1.50) and a few of something called "Brotherman".

post-152-1207602254_thumb.jpg post-152-1207602267_thumb.jpg

Now you have another place to keep your loose carts!

Not a video game find (I haven't exactly had much ability to go anywhere recently due to truck in the shop), but I went to an auction where they were closing out a comic book store (closed due to not paying rent for three months), and for 15 bucks got twelve old Warp Elfquest comics (#2-#14 missing #11 I think, some originally $1.25, some originally $1.50) and a few of something called "Brotherman".

Great buy on the ElfQuest comics. I've never seen the Warp copies, just read the Marvel reprints but it's a fantastic series.

6 games, to be exact. Plus 2 storage slots. Though I guess since I now have 2, I could chain them together?

Mmmm, BRAINS.

post-6271-1207669149_thumb.jpg

What's the "Game Brain"? I can only think of the Atari prototype system that was never sold in stores. Is it an LED game that I'm not remembering?

It was an adapter for the 2600 that allowed you to plug in many carts, and then choose which to play.

Picked up the following games at SA yesterday for $.50 each:

NES:

Mickey Mouscapade

SMB3

SMB/DH (x2)

Rally Bike

Exitebike (One of my favorites, yet I haven't had it since I had my original NES)

Megadrive:

Sonic 2

EA Sports Double Header John Madden Football/ EA Hockey

Don't ask me how the European Megadrive carts ended up in a SA in northern Michigan.:ponder: :D

Edited by Wester