IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

atari hand grip joystick thing:$1

Is that a booster grip for playing Omega Race?

no,it isnt.its a pretty cool stick though.you tilt the stick right to move right,left for left,up for up,down for down,and the fire button is on top.i tried it with two games already,spider fighter and pitfall,and both controlled great with it.on the plug,it says datasoft.other then that,there is no other markings on it.

EDIT: did a little searching around and found out that controller is called le stick,and has mercury switches in it.i would think that would have to be the first motion sensor controller.

I was just going to say...

a booster grip looks like this:

Yes, thats the one. Thanks BeerGnome.

Picked up a few common 2600 games that I need :

Super Breakout

Circus Atari

SeaQuest

Ice Hockey

and a boxed Video Pinball with instructions

and, finally, an RF switch. Hooked up my Vader and had some Atari goodness.

My wife is very happy to be playing Frostbite again.

She got 283,000 on her first try after not playing for years. :o

I picked up Wii Play at Goodwill for $4.99. The disc is in perfect condition with not a single scratch. It makes me wonder why people are donating Wii games to Goodwill already... :ponder:

I've wondered that too. Our local Goodwill have been getting in Wii games and other accessories as well as PS3 games. I've even seen a Guitar Hero guitar for the PS2 at Goodwill. Go figure. Prices don't seem much different that regular game or department stores though. I've yet to see a Wii or PS3 game under $25 at a Goodwill here. :(

Rich

I've wondered that too. Our local Goodwill have been getting in Wii games and other accessories as well as PS3 games. I've even seen a Guitar Hero guitar for the PS2 at Goodwill. Go figure. Prices don't seem much different that regular game or department stores though. I've yet to see a Wii or PS3 game under $25 at a Goodwill here. :(

Rich

A number of Target stores will donate their unsold clearance merchandise and their returns to Goodwill. I guess they get a tax write off and they can add that to their advertising campaign about how much they give back to the community. This is why on the Goodwill web site you can find tons on brand new cables and other stuff. The Zelda replica sword and shield that I bought from them came with the Target clearance sticker still on it.

JY

for $5 at a flea market I picked up a NES game case, ghost busters, strawberry shortcake w/manual,pitfall 2 w/manual(loving it), boxed enduro w/ some shrinkwrap, and a sonic the hedgehog cookie crisp flip card

at local goodwill; kenner action sports football (1980's hand held) $.50 w/original batteries that had juice.

$2 each boxed centipede, pac-man, dolphin, and combat

for free frogger box+manuals

$.99 marble madness 5.25" floppies in folder

PM me for pics :)

the goodwill I talked about also had a complete genny 2 in the front cabinet but someone used sticky tack to keep the cords in the right place and they had 2 SNES controllers plus all of the adapters but no console for 4.99. that goodwill is in colorado, and we just moved from there so when we came back they had all the cool stuff where as when we lived there everything was really lame. here in nebraska Gamers is the authority, and they charge $60 for an NES! complete and re-chipped BTW. but the genny's are only $9.99! anyways just thought I'd post this here :)

P.S. also picked up bank heist and fantastic voyage for $.98 each :)

yay my first post,found an instant collection at a nearby salvation army:

Man, that is one sweet deal! Congrats, jetblue!

Went to the same game place I went to last week where I picked up those PSX kiosks and bought an Amiga 500 with power supply, controller (no mouse, sadly), and probably about 10 games for $15. Also picked up an E-reader for my GBA (came with one game) for $10. Seems like those e-readers have been kind of expensive at my other favorite game store lately (like, $25.00) so I figured this wasn't too bad of a deal.

I think I need to go cry somewhere in a dark corner. I would have fallen all over myself to snatch up that bag had I come across it in a thrift store. Instant collection indeed: With some bragging rights. Awesome find.

When I got an E-reader, it was $1.99. Don't have any cards for it though.

No kidding. I remember when I first came to this site years ago, the ultimate dream of some was to find a Chase the Chuckwagon in the wild.

Extremely nice find, even if everything else is dirt common. I don't think he mentioned, what was the price you paid for your goodies jetblue?

Went to the same game place I went to last week where I picked up those PSX kiosks and bought an Amiga 500 with power supply, controller (no mouse, sadly), and probably about 10 games for $15. Also picked up an E-reader for my GBA (came with one game) for $10. Seems like those e-readers have been kind of expensive at my other favorite game store lately (like, $25.00) so I figured this wasn't too bad of a deal.

man,i have always wanted an amiga.im hoping to find one at the thrifts someday.nice find on the amiga!!

man,i have always wanted an amiga.im hoping to find one at the thrifts someday.nice find on the amiga!!

I'd been looking for one for a long time, too. They seem pretty rare in Elkhart! (Well, everywhere else, too!) This is the first time I had ever even laid eyes upon an Amiga for sale.

the bags were $4 each. I've come across 2 other atari bags this year. Got one for $8 with a bunch of carts and controllers and another thrift had a bag but wanted $16 for it and all i had on me at the time was $7,went back the next day with more cash and it was gone.

Also found these a few months back:

3do debugging unit,only know goldstar model $5:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jet...tures003d01.jpg

coleco with games $8:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jet...Pictusderes.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jet...ftstorefind.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jet...laimreciver.jpg also have 1 controller to go with it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jetbue7/sms.jpg

and bags full of genny and nes carts that i didnt take pictures of.

I guess people don't want them or died and relatives just send them to various thrift stores.

Stuff i left behind cause i didnt have enough cash and was gone the next day were an oddysee 2 with a bunch of carts,adam computer,tandy computer with sack of carts

Thrift find today, $14.91 for all 12 loose 7800 games:

R1's:

Realsports Baseball (both labels are on upside down, is this unusual?)

Xevious

One-on-One Basketball

Pole Position II

R2's:

Touchdown Football

Desert Falcon

Dark Chambers

R3's:

Fight Night

Winter Games

R4: F-18 Hornet

R5: Rampage

R7: Mean 18 :cool:

Guess which three I needed? :D

Stuff i left behind cause i didnt have enough cash and was gone the next day were an oddysee 2 with a bunch of carts,adam computer,tandy computer with sack of carts

I'm assuming thats one of the Color Computers. I used to collect those too. Loved my coco3. That one would have hurt. Its hard to find coco carts in the wild.

I found this Lunar game at a store but it was $40, fortunately I had enough trade dollars to get it....not a great deal but you don't see this one fully complete very often.

post-4103-1218823214_thumb.jpg

I also went to a swap and found a Metal Gear Twin Snakes guide for a buck which is nice because I recently picked up the game at a Game Crazy. I also found a rare Danielle Steel DVD which goes for quite a bit on ebay. What else....um....I picked up a N64 system with the power cord only for 5 bucks so then I was on a hunt for the A/V cord and at least one controller. Well, I got the cord and a Contra cart in nice shape for 9 bucks, a controller for 5 bucks so the system was about $15 total. Then I found 4 N64 carts for 10 bucks....both Zeldas [sOLD] ;) ...Super Smash Bros [KEEP] and an Army Men cart [TRADED].

I also got a Metallica CD (Garage Days Re-Revisited) which is fairly rare and I intended on keeping but then decided my CD collection is big enough and I already have the songs on the 2-disc Garage CD's so I have it for sale here in the Marketplace and on ebay as well. I paid $10 plus tax for it.

post-4103-1218823654_thumb.jpg

Got a pair of keyboard controllers for 24 cents and a USB cable for $2 that works with the PSP.

I also picked up a promotional N64 video. It runs about 16 minutes, stars Ken Lobb and three gamers, and it features four games. The game are Super Mario 64, PilotWings 64, and Shadow of the Empire. At the end it features KI Gold. The box simply says "Change the system Launch date SEPT. 29". On the back it says "Brought to you by Nintendo Power"