IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Got about 15 other that are dupes, they go to my son.

He scored a CIB SNES Knights of the Round, and Time Killers, each for $1.

Great weekend for NES finds.

Wow, I'd love to find a copy of Knights of the Round around here, great finds!

Today I managed to get a mini-SNES (console only), regular SNES (with controller and cables), and a Genesis and 32x (both consoles only) for $20 total.

Yesterday I got a Genesis 3 and a PS1 screen for $15 each. It seems that a lot of items for portable projects keep finding their way to the flea market right now. Looks like I have about 2 or 3 more projects to add to the list.

Alas when I checked it, it was just the heat sink. The CPU itself was gone, probably someone used it with an after market cooler instead of stock Intel cooler. The box was complete with manual and all.

I was going to ask if the CPU was actually in there. Its like shoes. I buy new running shoes I throw the old ones in the new box and toss them.

I've seen many computer parts like motherboards in thrift stores that are generations old in current generation boxes.

At a yard sale this weekend, my girlfriend picked up the following loose carts for $12:

SNES - Super Mario World

N64 - Diddy Kong Racing, LOZ: Ocarina of Time, Top Gear Rally

Genesis - Mutant League Football + an unlabeled cart

Game Gear - Super Columns

She negotiated down to $2 apiece for the games and got the cart with no label for free. We joked that it was probably going to be Sonic 2 or a sports game, but it turned out to be Jurassic Park: The Lost World, which is fairly uncommon and seems like a pretty fancy game to boot!

Edited by thegoldenband

Mine from the past month

The GE Walkman & the Speakers were $6.46 at the Eco Thrift

The Headphones were $4.31 at the Eco Thrift

I got 2 more headphones at the Thrift Center for $2.61

The Britney CD was from amazon $2.99

USB Cable Eco Thrift $1.08

Fatal Fury Special GG on AA $10 shipped

024-1.jpg

Found CiB's of Ms. Pac-Man and Primal Rage for the Genesis, plus a PS1 GameShark. Not spectacular finds, but they came at a spectacular price: fifty cents for everything.

There is a definite advantage to getting cozy with the thrift store lady (and having your roommate fix her computer).

No, I don't mean literally cozy. Sorry for the visual. :D

Edited by FujiSkunk

Found CiB's of Ms. Pac-Man and Primal Rage for the Genesis, plus a PS1 GameShark. Not spectacular finds, but they came at a spectacular price: fifty cents for everything.

There is a definite advantage to getting cozy with the thrift store lady (and having your roommate fix her computer).

I did have an old lady at a goodwill stroke my beard and ask if she could paint me once.

AX

Beatmania, Append 5thMix, Append Gottamix2-Going Global & Beatmania featuring Dreams Come True were found in a hole in the wall thrift in San Pedro, CA. $5.49 for the four of them.

The MegaMan NT Warrior battle chips and holder were found at a church sale for a dollar.

Bubble Bobble and Clu Clu Land were $4.99 at a Goodwill; Impossible Mission II came out to $4 after a trade at a game store.

post-3233-0-89893300-1306199728_thumb.jpg

post-3233-0-41177100-1306199752_thumb.jpg

post-3233-0-32453200-1306199922_thumb.jpg

Well she's a thrift store girl

Yeah she's a beautiful loser

She'll switch price tags for me

Sometimes meet me for coffee

And I don't think she does that

For anyone but me

She dresses me for absolutely nothing

Just 'cause she really likes me

I'm here for her to serve

She asks for nothing in return

'Cause she's a thrift store babe

She's like my live in maid

She's just a girl but still

She's really not afraid

To call in sick so we can hang out in Wicker Park

And rot amongst the cynical prototypes of our love

And I sincerely hope that she's always around

I hope she always stays around

- screeching weasel

A "Thank you!" to the Jewish Women today.

post-3233-0-50819600-1306470883_thumb.jpg

The Avalon Hill March Madness and the Intellivision Greatest Hits/Atari Revival 2-pack are both sealed and cost $5 each.

post-3233-0-82974800-1306470908_thumb.jpg

The Simpsons and The X-Files Episodic Radio Years CDs are collections of all of the radio promos for those two shows, published by 20th Century Fox. They are all sealed (I opened the Simpsons Years 1-8 CD in order to hear exactly what was on it) and cost $2 each.

I hit a street sale today which was several blocks long. Lots of Xbox, 360, PS2, PS3 and Wii games and hardware but not much from earlier generations.

I did manage to pick up 36 loose and common 2600 and Intellivision games from one older fellow for $3 total. The rarest title was probably Porky's.

$3.00 - Old Coca-Cola Belt Buckle :o

Whats it look like? Can you post a photo?

This is my haul from the swap meet today. Went looking for an 8-track to test out my newly acquired player, and ended up with 15, one of which is a blank 80min tape still sealed(shame my player can't record. :( I'd love to put modern music on it). paid only $5 for the lot of them. Also picked up Thief and Syberia for the xbox for only $2.50 each, both of which I've wanted to play. :)

post-28757-0-15170300-1306623901_thumb.jpg

Also at the swap meet I saw a Sears Video Arcade II seemingly complete in its box with several games. Guy wanted $40 which was more then I had on me and I didn't know anything about it. :/ Anyone know anything about the console? It looked like an Atari 2600 JR.

Edited by A_Locomotive

$3.00 - Old Coca-Cola Belt Buckle :o

Whats it look like? Can you post a photo?

This is my haul from the swap meet today. Went looking for an 8-track to test out my newly acquired player, and ended up with 15, one of which is a blank 80min tape still sealed(shame my player can't record. :( I'd love to put modern music on it). paid only $5 for the lot of them. Also picked up Thief and Syberia for the xbox for only $2.50 each, both of which I've wanted to play. :)

post-28757-0-15170300-1306623901_thumb.jpg

Also at the swap meet I saw a Sears Video Arcade II seemingly complete in its box with several games. Guy wanted $40 which was more then I had on me and I didn't know anything about it. :/ Anyone know anything about the console? It looked like an Atari 2600 JR.

Crap, I've been looking for a boxed Sears VAII. They actually look more like a 7800. They are just another 2600 clone, but really cool with lights by the switches.

AX