IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Not a thrift find but a flea market find. $22 for the lot. all games have manuels and 2 overlays..

I was wincing (worried that you'd overpaid) until I saw the Tron: Solar Sailer, which makes that a nice score!

Meanwhile I went to what may be the season's last yard sale this morning, and paid $7 total for Super Mario Sunshine CIB (GameCube), Blue Stinger CIB (Dreamcast), and a loose NES Lolo 1. Not a steal, but I'm glad to be able to upgrade my manual-less Super Mario Sunshine, and I'm curious about Blue Stinger since I used to have the (J) version but was never able to get it to work on my US DC. I've heard it's lousy, but I like certain kinds of lousy.

The TV was included for the $22 plus the games..

With garage sale season coming to an end for 2011, I thought I would post my finds for this year.

Church Garage Sale:

N64 controller (Nintendo Brand) - 50 cents

N64 controller (3rd party) - 50 cents

Gamecube controller (3rd party) - 50 cents

Playstation Putter Golf (cd only) - 25 cents

Neighborhood Garage Sale:

N64 Games - 50 cents each

Pokemon Puzzle League

Diddy Kong Racing

Turok 2

Donkey Kong 64

Strategy Guides - $2 each

007 Nightfire

Medal of Honor

Super Smash Brothers Melee

Perfect Dark

Playstation Intelligent Cube (cd with back display) - $2

Church Garage Sale:

Warcraft III Strategy Guide - 5 cents

Playstation Teken 3 (complete) - 5 cents

PSOne System w/LCD screen and 2 memory cards - $3

Playstation 2 Lord of the Rings The Return of the King (complete) - $2

Here are some pictures:

post-7900-0-88991300-1320072709_thumb.jpgpost-7900-0-05264800-1320072726_thumb.jpgpost-7900-0-58671800-1320072765_thumb.jpgpost-7900-0-68441100-1320072780_thumb.jpg

post-7900-0-76742500-1320072842_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, Craigslist.

Jamma PCBS:

Soul Edge ver. II

Soul Calibur

$20 Total

I already own the DC Soul Calibur and was more excited about Soul Edge as I have nostalgia for it---remember playing it with my brother in the arcade. Long story short, Soul Edge is a little bit dull (ungh, no pun intended), but Soul Calibur is like butter. It might not look as good as the DC, but I think it plays better on PCB

Ah, Craigslist.

Jamma PCBS:

Soul Edge ver. II

Soul Calibur

$20 Total

I already own the DC Soul Calibur and was more excited about Soul Edge as I have nostalgia for it---remember playing it with my brother in the arcade. Long story short, Soul Edge is a little bit dull (ungh, no pun intended), but Soul Calibur is like butter. It might not look as good as the DC, but I think it plays better on PCB

Lost my Soul Edge cab to the flood, it took on the most water (other than my Peekaboo). It hurt to see them pick it up with a crane and drop it in the disaster clean up truck. Nice little scores there. How random to have those PCBs. I'd find out why and ask him to contact you if he gets any others. Great prices.

AX

With garage sale season coming to an end for 2011, I thought I would post my finds for this year.

Church Garage Sale:

N64 controller (Nintendo Brand) - 50 cents

N64 controller (3rd party) - 50 cents

Gamecube controller (3rd party) - 50 cents

Playstation Putter Golf (cd only) - 25 cents

N64 Games - 50 cents each

Pokemon Puzzle League

Diddy Kong Racing

Turok 2

Donkey Kong 64

Strategy Guides - $2 each

007 Nightfire

Medal of Honor

Super Smash Brothers Melee

Perfect Dark

Playstation Intelligent Cube (cd with back display) - $2

Church Garage Sale:

Warcraft III Strategy Guide - 5 cents

Playstation Teken 3 (complete) - 5 cents

PSOne System w/LCD screen and 2 memory cards - $3

Playstation 2 Lord of the Rings The Return of the King (complete) - $2

Here are some pictures:

post-7900-0-88991300-1320072709_thumb.jpgpost-7900-0-05264800-1320072726_thumb.jpgpost-7900-0-58671800-1320072765_thumb.jpgpost-7900-0-68441100-1320072780_thumb.jpg

Nice score on that Intelligent Qube. That's a fun game.

This was gifted to me by a fellow collector in my city who knew I liked Tandy Coco stuff so picked this up for me. Not coco related but a really cool little portable computer nonetheless. Works great. :)

Oh man. I've wanted a TRS-100 or 102 for years. I used a WP-2 (A scaled back Word Processing version) in college for notes for a while. This was in 1999 before laptops were ubiquitous. I had a old HP printer with a parallel port, so I'd dump the notes to the printer when I got home and put them in a binder. It was always fun seeing people's faces when they asked to borrow my notes. I didn't spend much on it either. Only about 20 dollars or so. I eventually sold it when I didn't have use for it any more.

Edited by Lendorien

Finds:

GameCube - Super Mario Sunshine $5

Kenner LED hand-held - "Redline" (2 of them) $1 total

Sega Saturn - Memory Card Plus $2 (terrible reviews on Amazon, never knew this knock-off was so bad)

Sega Dreamcast - MadCatz Wheel $12

Sega Dreamcast - Sega Smashpack $5

Atari Key-chain (Yars/Centipede) $4

Xbox - TrickStick (arcade joystick) $5 (sealed)

...and the best for last

GameCube - Promotional Zelda SEALED $5!

Had an awesome Garage Sale find today

I was driving to the store when I saw a garage sale going on at a house right down the street from me

I drove by slow and I saw a bunch of old looking books and what I thought were boxes of records, being a collector of both I decided to stop

The books were not what I am into reading, and while they were old I didnt see anything that could have been of value

All of the Vinyl was really old, stuff from the 50s, I saw one Elvis X-mas album that was in horrible shape, all the rest of the stuff was in super bad condition, saw some Miles Davis, saw a James Brown, some Dean Martin and Tony Bennet. I was thinking about asking how much if I buy a bunch but the covers were crumbling in my hands

So as im walking away the lady says didnt see anything you like? And I said well the real reason I stopped was to see if you had any old Atari or Nintendo games. She says well you know what my sister cleaned out her garage and she brought over some bags of her kids stuff and I think I saw some video games in there. So she went inside to check

I could tell that she was at least 50 years old, so if her sister was in her 50s as well there was a good chance that her kids where 25-30 years old. I wasnt expecting anything but then she walked out with a brown bag and said here you go, I looked in and saw a bunch of NES games

Right off the bat I saw some Tengen games, Rolling Thunder, Klak, Pacman and Super Sprint

I saw The Simpsons Bartman meets Radioactive Man and I knew that it was the least common of the NES Simpson games

Some of the games I wasnt sure of the rarity like Star Force and Cyberball (turned out to be common) but the cool thing was that I needed most of these games for my collection

Also in the bottom was an NES Max controller

So I asked how much do you want for all of them? She said I have no idea I hadnt thought about it, she said give me a number

So I said well there are about 25 games here so how about $25 bucks?

She said no I wouldnt sell them for that cheap, so I said what were you thinking? She said I was thinking $60

I said no way thats too much, I said look Im not trying to rip you off I promise, I dont see any super rare expensive games here but there are some that I dont have, I will do $30 but thats it

Then she said no thanks, $40 is the lowest I will go. So I said ok sorry, have a nice day

When I got to my car she said wait, how about $35, I said sorry I only have $30 on me (I lied I had $100 and I knew I had a $10 on me lol)

So she ok fine $30, I laughed and said deal and opened my wallet and busted out the $30. I was happy with the games, they were filthy and it took me hours to clean them all but every single one I got working.

So far the best garage sale by since I moved back home to Redding

84116d1d8275ddc901c7c1f9899ea16712390155.JPG

Sorry for the crappy picture, the game right below Golgo 13 is Spy vs Spy, right below that is Mega Man 4, right below Kung Fu is Rad Racer.

The next stack on the very top is Silent Service, right below Star Force is Cyberball (a really weird game, I tried playing for like 10 mins and threw my hands up in disgust at this robotic football game, I have been playing Tecmo Bowl all week long so I guess Cyberball alreasy had a strike against it lol) the game on the bottom is Mission Impossible

My favorites have to be the Tengen games, I know that they are not rare, but most Tengen games are awesome

I love Super Sprint (in fact it was in my NES during the picture lol) and I used to rent the Super Sprint Tengen cart from Video Superstation back when I was a kid and I have many fond memories of playing against my younger brothers and kicking their butts then playing the computer all night after they passed out

Klax is an awesome Tetris like game

Rolling Thunder was a good arcade game, I only played this version for 30 seconds or so to make sure it worked

I did not have Ghosts and Goblins and was pumped up to get my hands on this game that I had as a kid and drove me insane from being so hard

I used to own Pro Wrestling as a kid and that was the ONLY wrestling game that my friends and I played, we all hated LJNs WWF Wrestlemania with a passion, we played Pro Wrestling all the time! I was ging to buy a copy off Ebay sooner or later and I know its not rare or expensive, but to me its worth more then any game in my collection that is rare and expensive that I dont care to play or didnt grow up with.

Thats the key for me with a pickup like this, it was only $30 bucks and I feel like I got my money back just in Pro Wrestling and Super Sprint alone because they will be played alot and they will be cherished parts of my collection

Wrecking Crew is another game that I played as a kid and didnt own, I remember borrowing it from my neighbor Jessie. I never got into it, but I remember it for sure

So all the rest of the games to me is just gravy on the top of Pro Wrestling and Super Sprint

Nice find, glad you got the lot for $30. I've found the key is to not show too much interest, act like you could take it or leave it when dealing with price haggling. You did the right thing by walking back to your car....that's where you got her, LOL!

If the Mega Man 4 is in nice condition, you could probably flip that one on ebay for around half of what you spent on all of it. Just thought I'd let you know, thanks for sharing man! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nice find, glad you got the lot for $30. I've found the key is to not show too much interest, act like you could take it or leave it when dealing with price haggling. You did the right thing by walking back to your car....that's where you got her, LOL!

If the Mega Man 4 is in nice condition, you could probably flip that one on ebay for around half of what you spent on all of it. Just thought I'd let you know, thanks for sharing man! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up!

I never got into Mega Man, so this is the only one that I own, and it is in great shape

I have alot of Nintendo games, and I use Nintendo Age to see how rare the games are, I know all about rare Atari and Intellivision games and if I spot any of those games in the wild I know right away iftere are any rare games in the bunch

But with Nintendo im never that sure, I mean I know some of the real rare games, but the way Nintendo Age goes about ranking the games for rarity is kind of odd to me

Like the games that I thought were rare back in the late 90s (before the internet had lots of places to look) like Super Dodge Ball and Tengen Tetris are rated 5 (average) for rarity which kind of blows my mind that these games are average when I never see them out in the wild

Anyways I am happy with the pick up just because I love playing games, even if they suck

Not a video game find but awesome non the less. Especially for those of who who like to make our own cords or dabble in a little bit of other soldering work.

Meet Crom! I found him at an "upscale" thrift around here. I rarely go in there because there are no deals to be found. I mean, 3ft stereo RCA cords fetch $3 in there, just to give you an idea of how over priced the place can be. Anyway, Crom was laying there with the Allen screws a little loose so he could not stand up. Labeled as a "novelty lamp" (which he may be), for $6 I got to take him home and tighten him up. He might get a little solder on his feet but I like the light better than the magnifying glass that you usually find on 3rd arms. AND he's more flexible than a horny gymnast! He creeps my wife out for some reason though lol

B

post-29567-0-50602000-1321476748_thumb.jpg