IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Nice score on all those items, Orangest! I wish our flea market had good stuff like the CC game. :thumbsup:

Nothing at yard sales today. About half of our yard sales here are the same people selling the same junk every week - clothes, clothes, and more clothes. And a lamp.

Bummer.

MASSIVE PlayStation haul this weekend. I traded with two Oklahoma Retro Game Society members and then went to a friend's house who just wanted rid of some stuff.

The lot includes mainly PlayStation 1 and 2 stuff, but there's some other stuff also.

Not Pictured:

Genesis model 1

Genesis model 2

PlayStation 1 SCPH-5501

Namco arcade joystick for PS1

Tons of third party PS1, GameCube, and Genesis controllers.

Pictured:

PS1:

Instruction books for Crash Bandicoot 2, FF8, NBA Shootout 98, NCAA Game Breaker 2000, Rugrats, and Soul Blade.

Disc only for Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver and Resident Evil 3 Nemesis.

One game is missing the book, that's MK Triolgy.

Complete PS1 games: Incredible Crisis, Resident Evil Director's Cut.

NDS: Imagine Babyz box and book, no cart, and New Super Mario Bros. cart only

Atari 5200: Super Breakout overlay, now I have four of them for a four player game!

GameCube

Box only: NCAA Football 2003, Need for Speed 2: Underground

Disc only: Rampage Total Destruction

Complete PS2 games: NCAA Football 2003, Jampack Winter 2001

PS2 games without instructions: Ace Combat 5, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

PS2 box only: Madden 2007

PS1 demo discs: Underground 1 and 2, Interactive CD sampler 3, and the following Official PlayStation Magazine demos:

1998: March, September, October, December (2x)

1999: January, March (2x), April, June, August, October

2000: September, October

2001: February, June, July, August, September

2002: January

PS2 demo discs, all from Official US PlayStation Magazine:

53, 80, 86, 87, 91, 92, 94, 99, 103

Slip cases from Official US PlayStation magazine: 87, 91, 92, 94, 99, and 103

Some of the PS2 demos were sealed, but I carefully opened them all because the glue used in the package was getting on the DVDs.

We also picked up 12 movies, one season of Happy Days, and my wireless N router came in the mail.

Some of this will be for trade in a few weeks. The friend of mine who's moving thinks there's more and thinks that there are discs, boxes, and instructions for some of the games I have now. She is very confident there are two slim PS2s and a GameCube somewhere in the house that they want rid of. I'm going to wait until they're moved and see if she's dug up any more by then. I will bring in the systems in a few days.

We went several places and worked hard digging out some of this stuff, but I'd say it was a pretty good haul!

post-7210-0-94722200-1351470650_thumb.jpg

post-7210-0-87826700-1351470667_thumb.jpg

post-7210-0-86210000-1351470686_thumb.jpg

post-7210-0-56711600-1351470739_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Picked up the find of the year for me. A Bell & Howell "Darth Vader" Apple II computer .

Pics: https://plus.google....CI7JqrfUv72ztgE

Video:

http://youtu.be/9XoBVlomJVw

Daaaamn, that's a great find. Those are worth some dough-ray-mi. Where did you get it? I don't want to watch the video.

Chris

Got all this at gw today, the ps1 with the 2 3rd party controllers was 15 bucks, ps2 games were 3 each all but 1 are complete nascar is missing manual, sega dreamcast games were 2 bucks each and are all complete, then the ps1 and nes controllers were 3 bucks each, and the halo 3 guide was a dollar, not a bad haul prices were a little high on some things but its been dry there for a long time.

post-32946-0-90438000-1351525444_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Got all this at gw today, the ps1 with the 2 3rd party controllers was 15 bucks, ps2 games were 3 each all but 1 are complete nascar is missing manual, sega dreamcast games were 2 bucks each and are all complete, then the ps1 and nes controllers were 3 bucks each, and the halo 3 guide was a dollar, not a bad haul prices were a little high on some things but its been dry there for a long time.

Nice Dreamcast Finds!

I picked up a boxed Adam Computer system this weekend for $50.00. Looks to have some minor issues with the cassette deck eject button, but it seems like it will be an easy fix.

post-29022-0-40026900-1351557741_thumb.jpg

post-29022-0-30478300-1351557742_thumb.jpg

I thought it was a great deal...maybe someone from the CV/Adam community could let me know how I did!!!

• Like 5

Great finds BB, just remember to keep it in the center of your house so the foundation doesn't shift ;)

I had no idea how honking big this thing was till I went to pick it up. It barely fit in my back seat, and I could swear that the rear shocks on the car sunk a few inches!!! :rolling:

I had no idea how honking big this thing was till I went to pick it up. It barely fit in my back seat, and I could swear that the rear shocks on the car sunk a few inches!!! :rolling:

Welcome to the Adam club. I'm actually fixing to set mine up in a few weeks / months so we will need to hit the chat at some point. Adam was my first computer back when it came out, so I love it very much. You got a great deal there.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Adam club. I'm actually fixing to set mine up in a few weeks / months so we will need to hit the chat at some point. Adam was my first computer back when it came out, so I love it very much. You got a great deal there.

Sweet! I may need some advice on how to get the tape deck fixed...still need to give it a thorough cleaning before firing it up. The seller did fire it up and sent me a screen shot of it working, so that is promising...somewhat.

I picked up a boxed Adam Computer system this weekend for $50.00. Looks to have some minor issues with the cassette deck eject button, but it seems like it will be an easy fix.

I thought it was a great deal...maybe someone from the CV/Adam community could let me know how I did!!!

That is a GREAT deal BB and it's finally nice to to some ADAM love going on in this thread. It looks like the box is in very good condition as well as the system, with only slight discoloring of the Space Bar key. so I'd put the true value of it at about $200-$225 or roughly what they were liquidated for by retail stores in 1985 as long as everything is in working order.

As far as the "issue" with the tape deck eject button, the reason why it's not working is because the button does not eject the Data Pack from the drive, all the button does is open the door and then you have to reach into the drive with your finger to remove the Data Pack. Coleco probably designed it this way in case the button was ever accidentally pressed while the drive was operating and therefore the Data Pack wouldn't get destroyed.

Anyhow, a big welcome to a new ADAMite! Now you have to contact DJPUBBA and get one of his converted PC Power Supplies and store that Printer away... but before you do, please try the Printer out by printing at least one page of text. |:)

That is a GREAT deal BB and it's finally nice to to some ADAM love going on in this thread. It looks like the box is in very good condition as well as the system, with only slight discoloring of the Space Bar key. so I'd put the true value of it at about $200-$225 or roughly what they were liquidated for by retail stores in 1985 as long as everything is in working order.

As far as the "issue" with the tape deck eject button, the reason why it's not working is because the button does not eject the Data Pack from the drive, all the button does is open the door and then you have to reach into the drive with your finger to remove the Data Pack. Coleco probably designed it this way in case the button was ever accidentally pressed while the drive was operating and therefore the Data Pack wouldn't get destroyed.

Anyhow, a big welcome to a new ADAMite! Now you have to contact DJPUBBA and get one of his converted PC Power Supplies and store that Printer away... but before you do, please try the Printer out by printing at least one page of text. |:)

There is definitely something wrong with the cassette deck, as there is a thin, arched piece of silver metal which is detached inside the unit. There is also some odd kind of greasy substance on the rubber wheel. I plan to take this apart and clean/repair, but first I will need to obtain some sort of diagram or schematic for the Adam. Hopefully, someone can help me in this area. The box bottom is in severe disrepair, but most of the Styrofoam is present and intact. I should have time in the next week or so to try and tackle this. Thank you for the info NIAD!

This arched piece of silver metal was used to secure the Data Pack in the drive and changed in appearance over the course of three different revisions to the drive If you can't get it back in place, you could experience issues with read/writing to the inserted Data Pack or worse, an eaten tape.

As far as the greasy substance on the rubber timing wheel... if it is more like a black tar, then the timing wheel started to melt of completely melted and you are left with the white or green colored wheel rim.

Check this thread out that I started and other added some great contributions too:

http://www.atariage....__+adam +repair

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

I found a big strategy guide to a PS3/XBOX game for only 99 cents at my local record store. I have no idea why Star Ocean demands such a hefty price but I did well at $47. I also picked up a N64 game, the original Mario Party for $8.99. I sold the guide on ebay but haven't decided what to do with the N64 cart. I'm going back today, I need XMAS money!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2710778923181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271077892318&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

post-4103-0-06761200-1351701062_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I found a big strategy guide to a PS3/XBOX game for only 99 cents at my local record store. I have no idea why Star Ocean demands such a hefty price but I did well at $47. I also picked up a N64 game, the original Mario Party for $8.99. I sold the guide on ebay but haven't decided what to do with the N64 cart. I'm going back today, I need XMAS money!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2710778923181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271077892318&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

post-4103-0-06761200-1351701062_thumb.jpg

That guide is rare? There was a mom and pop selling the game and guide together for around $35. Sat around for quite awhile. I passed on it as I have already played this game on the 360, and it was average to me.

Got a classic MB Pac-Man puzzle today for $1.99. :) It is missing 2 pieces, though, but they're the solid-color ones in the center, so it's not too shabby. I was hoping to Mod-Podge it and put it up in Pac-Country above my bookshelves, but it will have to be displayed in box now. Did some searching on eBay, looks like I paid about the going rate, so can't complain!

• Like 1

I just want to say F* BadWill industries of Chattanooga. I went in to scope for the upcoming Saturday half price sale yesterday (Friday) and decided to buy a 49 cent item. They refused to ring it saying they have a $1 minimum transaction now. I've been one of their best customers spending hundreds a month. Well, guess who isn't going to Goodwill today!? They will still sell their crap without me, but I gave my business to another local thrift instead and at least I feel better.

Just another notch in the BadWill belt.

• Like 2

I just want to say F* BadWill industries of Chattanooga. I went in to scope for the upcoming Saturday half price sale yesterday (Friday) and decided to buy a 49 cent item. They refused to ring it saying they have a $1 minimum transaction now. I've been one of their best customers spending hundreds a month. Well, guess who isn't going to Goodwill today!? They will still sell their crap without me, but I gave my business to another local thrift instead and at least I feel better.

Just another notch in the BadWill belt.

you and me both. If they have a $1 minimum transaction then why price anything under $1??? Dumbass company. :thumbsdown: