IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Thought I was out of luck at the thrift shop (as usual) when I noticed a $6 game watch behind the counter.

Sweet. My cousin had the Donkey Kong one.

Nice score on the drum machine. I've been thinking it's about time I got one.

I know what you mean =| I do have a friend who's getting pretty decent at the drums, though...we just need to get together and practice some time...

Picked up a 4 woody, er, I mean a 2600A with woodgrain, at a garage sale today for $25. It has half a dozen commons, a CX-40, a gemstick, and paddles. I thought that wasa bit high, but I said heck with it since I'd left home early and gone so far out of my way on the morning commute.

I prefer pics as well. I don't have the attention span to watch a video. Furthermore 90% of this thread gets scrolled past until I see pics. I'm not a fan of reading so I fast skim at best. If it is anything much more than a few sentences I go to the next post lol.

Edited by icemanxp300
  • Like 1

Picked up a 4 woody, er, I mean a 2600A with woodgrain, at a garage sale today for $25. It has half a dozen commons, a CX-40, a gemstick, and paddles. I thought that wasa bit high, but I said heck with it since I'd left home early and gone so far out of my way on the morning commute.

High ? That is a good price .
  • Like 1

Thought I was out of luck at the thrift shop (as usual) when I noticed a $6 game watch behind the counter. It was the Super Mario World one from 1990-91 with a headphone jack of all things. No case/manual, but also no obvious wear aside from some creases on the smallest setting of the strap. Battery was starting to green, but no damage inside. New battery is on order--hope she still works.

not mine, naturally, but the same model:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH-F65y-4wg

I have a Star Fox watch with a headset jack.... what battery does yours use? I cant for the life of me find the right watch battery!

I have a Star Fox watch with a headset jack.... what battery does yours use? I cant for the life of me find the right watch battery!

It uses a '389.' This is what I ordered to replace it:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F330889559307%3FssPageName%3DSTRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT%26_trksid%3Dp3984.m1439.l2649

Not one I have picked up myself, because I can't afford it, but:

k8LTDvs.jpg

OHMYGODAAARRRRGHIWANTITWHYDON'TIHAVEMONEY

Dude I've sold better set's than that for half that price shipped... and will again. :) save up about $50 - $55 (shipping is the killer) and I or someone on AA will hook you up with a nice OD2. They aren't hugely expensive, but they are quite fun.

Dude I've sold better set's than that for half that price shipped... and will again. :) save up about $50 - $55 (shipping is the killer) and I or someone on AA will hook you up with a nice OD2. They aren't hugely expensive, but they are quite fun.

Along with Quest for the Rings? XD

Yes, that really isn't that rare. Maybe $15ish in value eBay Auction -- Item Number: 130860747264 1?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item= 130860747264 &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Finding it (Quest for the Rings) complete can be a challenge, but yes... $119 for an O2 with a box...waaaaay too much.

Of course, the local retro stores will sell one bare for around $60-$70.

Edited by cybercylon

I was in there today trying to get them to sell me the Quest for the Rings for $20 (It is complete, though one of the oblong pieces was punched out of its card). They would only sell the system with those games as a full set, but they said they could 'take $20 off the set instead'. :roll:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - VHS $1

Star Trek 5 - VHS $1

Alien Resurrection - VHS $1

Robert E. Lee Civil War General - Sierra PC game $1

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - PS2 $7

Guitar Hero 2 - Xbox 360 $5

Gettysburg - Movie Soundtrack CD $1

Also picked up The Hobbit DVD/Blu Ray pack w/the Art Book, but that was retail... :P

Pokemon edition N64 plus matching Pokemon controller in great shape with good analog stick for $10. Has 4MB expansion pak installed too. Works but needed cleaning up

Nice find! That setup is an easy $60 any day. Now you just need a Hey you Pikachu cart from the dollar bin and a microphone to complete the set.

post-26465-0-89744300-1363797318_thumb.jpg

I think there is a yellow foam ball that belongs on the mic also.

Nice find! That setup is an easy $60 any day. Now you just need a Hey you Pikachu cart from the dollar bin and a microphone to complete the set.

post-26465-0-89744300-1363797318_thumb.jpg

I think there is a yellow foam ball that belongs on the mic also.

Yes, missing the yellow ball, and also a mounting bracket that mounted the mic to the controller. I have them somewhere.