IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Saturday:

Found 2 boxed SMS ball controllers at a yard sale, $4.

Sunday:

Thrift finds,

Time Crisis for playstation (excellent condition) $.75

Skiing and Snowboarding Tommy Moe's Winter Extreme loose SNES $.75

View Point boxed for Sega Genesis $3.99

The following 2600 carts $.99 each

M*A*S*H

Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back

Space Attack

Spacechase

Warplock

:cool:

Edited by youngskywalker

Today, I went out to the local flea market (one of the biggest in the state) and didn't find anything in the bulk of the market. So I went to the collector guy at the back, who's always got whatever I might need, and picked up a Colecovision Super Action Controller for $10. And behind his counter, I saw that he had a Coleco Zaxxon tabletop arcade game. I've been interested in tracking some of these down for years, but they're hard to find in the wild. I bought it off him for $35. I love going to his booth, I usually walk away with something really great.

Stopped at a Goodwill and bought one of those two-player Tetris plug-and-play units, $3. I've been wondering if these are any good, but didn't want to pay $25 to find out.

Sat:

zip drive 5.00

nes with 10 games and 2 nintendo game suitcases 5.00

jay-z cd 1.00(to trade)

lewis black cd 1.00

bunch of cd cases with inserts no cds good for burning 1.00 for all 15

Sundays:

pong system complete 2.00

Free all off one curb:

1 nes game genie book

1 nes game dust cover

tomy pinball table top game

Merlin

2 old walkie talkies

speak and spell

powerglove adaptor

2 milk plastic crates

the professor(ti calculator for kids 1978)

Not a bad day for vintage finds :)

Edited by Dusk2600

Little bit of Goodwill shopping today.

Crazy Taxi--complete

Virtual Tennis--complete

Soul Calibur--Complete

$2.99 per game, all for the Dreamcast. Now to find me a Dreamcast.....

And, for $8.00, a complete Playstation 1 with NFL Gameday and Twisted Metal for $8.00 on shopgoodwill.com

Not a bad day

Went to a thrift store today.

2nd gen Genesis with a 32x, two controllers, one game, no power supply or that cable needed for the 32x. Got it for a dollar. I went home and tested the genesis, works. The controllers need cleaned, but I kinda figured that.

Not bad at all.

Edited by keilbaca

Little bit of Goodwill shopping today.

Crazy Taxi--complete

Virtual Tennis--complete

Soul Calibur--Complete

$2.99 per game, all for the Dreamcast. Now to find me a Dreamcast.....

And, for $8.00, a complete Playstation 1 with NFL Gameday and Twisted Metal for $8.00 on shopgoodwill.com

Not a bad day

Soul Calibur routinely fetches $10-20 on eBay. :) Good deal on the PS as well.

Went to a thrift store today.

2nd gen Genesis with a 32x, two controllers, one game, no power supply or that cable needed for the 32x. Got it for a dollar. I went home and tested the genesis, works. The controllers need cleaned, but I kinda figured that.

Not bad at all.

Awesome deal. :cool:

PS1 mini system - $2

boom box with b/w TV built in - $7

PS1 monster brand S-video & audio cable - free (was taped to the boombox for some reason)

NES Archon - $1

SMS Spy vs. Spy - $1

Never find SMS stuff around here, especially not the games on the little credit card sized carts. The boom box is awesome - it's huge, and the built in TV is kind of hilarious. It's got an antenna input so I can actually hook up an Atari to it!

Well, it didn't come from a thrift store, but I just stumbled onto a sizable Apple II treasure chest.

A visit to my roommate's nieces' private school revealed they were throwing out a lot of old computer equipment. Next thing I know, I'm the owner of an Apple IIc with power supply and IIc-specific color monitor, plus four disk holders stuffed full of disks. It's mostly educational software of course, but with some good MECC titles in the mix, including what I think are the first legal copies of The Oregon Trail that I've ever owned (never mind I'll be violating the EULA by using these disks outside of school).

I even found an original disk of Tetris in the stash, striking a game off my want list. Good day.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by skunkworx

Thrift shop yesterday;

Jungle Strike for the Genesis, complete, perfect condition for 25 cents!!!

Also picked up a complete Dreamcast on ePay for 20 bucks, with two controllers and rumble packs.

and a 5200 with 4 controllers, 2 competition pro controllers, y cables, trackball, power supply and games---13.50

Didn't see any games I really needed today, but I finally found some shelves for my loose NES collection (I don't do boxes - no room). I'm really happy with them, 2.99 each so I bought the set of 2, they hold about 75 games each, which should be about the size of my final NES collection when I have all the games I really want.

newshelves.jpg

Well, went to Savers (and applied for a part-time cashier job there, heheh...). Found a Quickshot joypad for the NES (strange grey one with a disk), and an NES power supply. Went there again yesterday to turn in my application, found another Gravis Firebird2 (still can't make use of mine in WinXP..), but I found an Intel 440BX2 motherboard with a 500MHz Pentium III cpu for $9.99 (no memory) and a Quickshot professional arcade-style joystick for the Genesis for $4.99 (lots of features, such as rotatble fire buttons, programmable turbofire, etc.).

Though that's probably the last of my thrift hunts for a while until I get another part-time job to work during college.

I found a Radio Shack joystick that looks from the connector to be a CoCo analog stick for $2.92. As I was leaving, I noticed that they had some new Atari and Colecovision games behind the counter. Picked up Return of the Jedi: Death Star Battle for the 2600, and Centipede, Omega Race, and Slither for the Colecovision (Omega Race seems to have something rattling around inside the case). $4.94 each.

Stopped off at the Irving Mall location of CompUSA, which seems to be shutting down. Everything in the store's up to 20% off. I picked up Arx Fatalis for the Xbox, and Spy Hunter 2 for the PS2 for $8.98. And they had a basket full of games for $4.99 each, but only $4.48 after discount. I picked up Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox, and War of the Monsters, Drakengard, and Dropship: United Peace Force for the PS2. I might have picked up more, but they weren't accepting checks, so I had to use what cash I had. I need to go back with my credit card and buy some more games. They had a nice selection of games marked down. And I need to pick up a case or two of Bawls Guarana, to help me wake up in the morning. :D

Edit: Well, I went back to the CompUSA today with my friend to pick up a few more things. Bought Dead or Alive 3 for the Xbox for $4.48, Atari Anthology for the PS2 for $8.98, and bought three of their 20% off DVDs. Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii (Director's Cut) for $10.38, M. Night Shyamalan's The Village (just wanted it for the cute redhead in it) for $7.98, and Johnny Mnemonic (also bought for the cute redhead in it) for $4.

Edited by SteveW

M. Night Shyamalan's The Village (just wanted it for the cute redhead in it)

FYI that's Ron Howard's daughter, also currently in "Lady in the Water".

Anyhoo, my finds:

Mattel handheld Football 2 (batts still in it!) -$1

Gunstar Heroes Genesis (loose) -$2

Steel Talons Genesis (CIB) -$5

Got a nice Nintendo leather case that holds 32 game packs or ds cards. at walmart

Was 12.50

Clearence price 2.50

That was a steal!

Also picked up a minty Zelda minish cap complete for 15.00 :)

Edited by Dusk2600

Found Impossible Mission 2 for NES, but passed on that. If anyone wants it, PM me within the next our or so and I'll walk down there and grab it. It's in a black case, but the label's shot.

I also picked up Mario Kart 64 and Super Smash Bros for $3 each.

Also got a free frozen lemonade at Bueno. The goofed up my order and offered me the lemonade as a consolation.

I accepted, and the food is still good!

Edited by shadow460

Yesterdays finds:

2 * Mac Powerbook 190 (1 working and one for parts)

1 * Powermac 5500

1 * Macintosh Portable with original carryingbag and sealed nametags

1 * Portable Ericsson PC 8088 with original carryingbag and unused nametags

1 * Laser 700

1 * Compaq LTE Lite/25c

1 * IBM Thinkpad 9545

1 * Gakken Trojan Horse G&W clone

1 * Quest for Glory III (PC)

1 * Day of the Tentacle (PCCD)

All in all a nice haul for $55

/T

1 * Macintosh Portable with original carryingbag and sealed nametags

Nice find. Did you have to rent a special vehicle to haul that incredibly heavy thing home? :lol: I'm so glad battery technology has advanced from that design. Of course, one good thing is that if your car's battery dies, your Mac Portable's battery can jump start it! :)

Edited by SteveW