IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

This is technically a Craig's List deal, but I'm posting it here anyway, just try and stop me ;p

All this stuff just arrived at work, so I've only poked through the boxes a little to see if it looked like it was all there. It all looks good, but I can't attest to the actual quality of most of it yet. For example, I have no idea if the systems boot.

SegaCD (2nd model) in original box, haven't checked, may need power cord.

SegaCd Games (All CIB unless noted)

ESPN National Hockey Night

Dungeon Master II: Skull Keep

Thunder Strike

Stellar Fire

Bram Stoker’s: Dracula

Snatcher

Rise of the dragon

Dune

Cliffhanger

Jeopardy

Wheel of Fortune

Night Trap 2 cd set … Game only

Sewer Shark…. Game only

Tom Cat Alley…Game only

32x Games

Corpse Killer

Sega Genesis (1st model), lots of controllers, haven't gone through them yet.

Genesis Games (All CIB unless noted)

Normy’s Beach babe-O-Rama

Sonic Spinball

Tale Spin

George Foreman’s KO Boxing

B.O.B

Risk

Cool Spot

Chakan

Road Blaster’s

Unnecessary Roughness 95

Cyber Ball

Urban Strike: the sequal to jungle Strike…(No book)

Combat Car’s

Fantasia

Toxic Crusaders

Wiz-N-Liz

Awesome Possum

Madden 95

Bram Stoker’s Dracula

NHLPA Hockey 93

Ms. Pac Man

After Burner II

Phantasy Star II w/ hint book

Phantasy Star III: generations of doom

Alien Storm (Game only)

Skitchin (Game only)

Sonic the Hedgehog (Game only, obviously)

Taz Mania (Game only)

MLBPA Baseball

Light Crusaders

Caesars Palace

Sega Sports NFL 95 (No book)

Triple Score: 3 games in 1> Super Hang on, World Championship Soccer, and Columns

Genesis Cleaning System (Cartridge only)

All for $70 plus shipping.

This is technically a Craig's List deal, but I'm posting it here anyway, just try and stop me ;p

All this stuff just arrived at work, so I've only poked through the boxes a little to see if it looked like it was all there. It all looks good, but I can't attest to the actual quality of most of it yet. For example, I have no idea if the systems boot.

SegaCD (2nd model) in original box, haven't checked, may need power cord.

SegaCd Games (All CIB unless noted)

ESPN National Hockey Night

Dungeon Master II: Skull Keep

Thunder Strike

Stellar Fire

Bram Stoker’s: Dracula

Snatcher

Rise of the dragon

Dune

Cliffhanger

Jeopardy

Wheel of Fortune

Night Trap 2 cd set … Game only

Sewer Shark…. Game only

Tom Cat Alley…Game only

32x Games

Corpse Killer

Sega Genesis (1st model), lots of controllers, haven't gone through them yet.

Genesis Games (All CIB unless noted)

Normy’s Beach babe-O-Rama

Sonic Spinball

Tale Spin

George Foreman’s KO Boxing

B.O.B

Risk

Cool Spot

Chakan

Road Blaster’s

Unnecessary Roughness 95

Cyber Ball

Urban Strike: the sequal to jungle Strike…(No book)

Combat Car’s

Fantasia

Toxic Crusaders

Wiz-N-Liz

Awesome Possum

Madden 95

Bram Stoker’s Dracula

NHLPA Hockey 93

Ms. Pac Man

After Burner II

Phantasy Star II w/ hint book

Phantasy Star III: generations of doom

Alien Storm (Game only)

Skitchin (Game only)

Sonic the Hedgehog (Game only, obviously)

Taz Mania (Game only)

MLBPA Baseball

Light Crusaders

Caesars Palace

Sega Sports NFL 95 (No book)

Triple Score: 3 games in 1> Super Hang on, World Championship Soccer, and Columns

Genesis Cleaning System (Cartridge only)

All for $70 plus shipping.

Snatcher alone is fetching more than what you paid for all of it. I'd love to get a nice Sega haul like that.

Snatcher alone is fetching more than what you paid for all of it. I'd love to get a nice Sega haul like that.

That's why I jumped on it. The box smells like it's from a smoking house, which sucks, but oh'well, I'll spray 'em all down and scrub 'em before I shelve it all.

Craig's list, at least in my area, seemed like a pretty good place to be looking for lots like this. It beats the eBay prices.

Hm.. I'll post a not too special flea market haul that I had yesterday :

Ironsword: Wizards and Warriors 2 - $2

Skate or Die NES - $1

Saturn Bomberman case $1 - the guy sold this to me because it had Batman Forever inside of it, I passed on Batman and bought the case as I own a copy of Saturn Bomberman without the manual, so now I have a complete copy. This is the first time I've done something like this to complete a casing *lol*

But there ya go, not overly special.

I picked up a boxed Tengen Tetris for $6. It has everything with it. The weird thing is that the woman who sold it to me said she knew it was worth more, but she had quoted a price and honored it. Very honest.

I am also continuing my vintage audio splurge and bought a turntable (Dual 1237) for $20 at a thrift/furniture store. If anyone on here is also an Audiokarma.org member, let me know. I am continually amazed at how similar this site and AA are!

Over the weekend Sean Kelly had a swap meet at his store, and I had a couple of killer deals go down. Killer for me, anyway. ;) I traded off a pile of NES commons for an X-box... that might have been the coolest deal for me. Haven't really played much X-box...

I also traded some commons for four Super Famicom games. I have a Super Famicom somewhere, but never had any native games to see if they work. I'd tell you what the titles are, but only two are in English: Flying Hero, and Acrobat Mission. I also traded for Nester's Funky Bowling for Virtual Boy (I'm a sucker for any video game bowling), SNES R-Type, and a '77 Star Wars electronic LED game.

Thrifting has been pretty light, but here are a few buck specials:

NES

Win, Lose or Draw (because I love Alan Thicke, I guess...)

SMB & Duck Hunt (saving up for my next X-box)

SNES

Super Mario World

Samurai Shodown

GP-1 PartII

Romance of the Three Kingdoms II

Also got a new 30 CD set of old time radio for $2.50, but I doubt anyone cares too much about that. ;)

FINALLY- a SalVal stop worth mentioning: 2 Namco Plug-N-Play systems- one w/ Ms. PacMan, Pole Position, Galaga, Xevious & Mappy; the other w/ (judging by the sticker pics) PacMan, Dig-Dug, Super Sprint & Galaxian. $6.

Both those PnP are really good. Nice find btw

Tested and working... one was even packing fresh batteries! I had a good day for buys- I also picked up a '94 Ford Taurus LX- in great shape w/ a 30,000 miles-new engine for ...(drum roll)... $1000. MUCH nicer than the shitbox I unloaded last week for $700. Nice stereo, too. Now... back to Mappy.

FINALLY- a SalVal stop worth mentioning: 2 Namco Plug-N-Play systems- one w/ Ms. PacMan, Pole Position, Galaga, Xevious & Mappy; the other w/ (judging by the sticker pics) PacMan, Dig-Dug, Super Sprint & Galaxian. $6.

Tested and working... one was even packing fresh batteries! I had a good day for buys- I also picked up a '94 Ford Taurus LX- in great shape w/ a 30,000 miles-new engine for ...(drum roll)... $1000. MUCH nicer than the shitbox I unloaded last week for $700. Nice stereo, too. Now... back to Mappy.

Sounds like you got a nice car too. I've always liked the mid 90's taurus and with 30,000 on the engine it's hard to complain about that car.

Passed on a Model 1 Genny ("High Definition Graphics"), a Model 2 Genny, and an NES tonight at Goodwill; they were $15, $10 and $10 respectively and, though I don't have a Model 1 Genny, I do have three perfectly good Model 2s. As for the NES, I have two or three and I'm sick of fixing them :)

I did pick up an NES002 AC Adapter ($1), since I always seem to be short on them, a gray Zapper ($3), and a new VCR to act as an RF demodulator for my Atari systems ($8), which will hopefully take some of the audio buzz out of my Atari signals.

Found some assorted Genny games at a mid day weekend garage sale......got there just as they were putting everything away...$2 for all (had to take some crappy VHS cartoon videos in the same box too LOL!)

IMG_3808.jpg

Picked up another Ikaruga from a video store "used bin" (this one will be up for trade)

IMG_3809.jpg

congratulations on the Taurus, but keep in mind that theres a reason its on it's second engine.

Keep an eye on your head gasket, and your cooling system. particularly the water pump and radiator

congratulations on the Taurus, but keep in mind that theres a reason its on it's second engine.

Keep an eye on your head gasket, and your cooling system. particularly the water pump and radiator

It depends on which engine it has. The 3.8L is the real culprit, it blows head gaskets religiously. The 3.0L is more durable, but a little less power.

new VCR to act as an RF demodulator for my Atari systems ($8), which will hopefully take some of the audio buzz out of my Atari signals.

Totally worked! Now playing buzz-free 2600!

I just need to get one of those three-way cable splitters and reverse it so I can plug all three of my Atari systems into the VCR at once (should work as long as only one Atari is on at once, right?).

new VCR to act as an RF demodulator for my Atari systems ($8), which will hopefully take some of the audio buzz out of my Atari signals.

I just need to get one of those three-way cable splitters and reverse it so I can plug all three of my Atari systems into the VCR at once (should work as long as only one Atari is on at once, right?).

So you have the RF from the atari going into the RF input on the VCR, then the composite cables going into your TV? You did that because there was some audio hum?

Just trying to get a picture here.....A little confused.

So you have the RF from the atari going into the RF input on the VCR, then the composite cables going into your TV? You did that because there was some audio hum?

Correct, I'm using one of those RF-to-COAX adapters to go from my 2600 to the VCR, and then composite cables out to a system selector. The system selector was the point of the exercise; I wanted all my games on one TV input, and every other system I have has composite.

The first VCR I attempted this with produced a loud buzz, so I replaced the VCR and it eliminated the buzz.

Now I want to do the same with my 5200 and 7800, but don't want to have to buy a VCR for each, so I figure a cable splitter, turned around so that it's 3-to-1 rather than 1-to-3, and a couple more RF-to-COAX adapters might work.

Is that clearer?

Correct, I'm using one of those RF-to-COAX adapters to go from my 2600 to the VCR, and then composite cables out to a system selector. The system selector was the point of the exercise; I wanted all my games on one TV input, and every other system I have has composite.

The first VCR I attempted this with produced a loud buzz, so I replaced the VCR and it eliminated the buzz.

Now I want to do the same with my 5200 and 7800, but don't want to have to buy a VCR for each, so I figure a cable splitter, turned around so that it's 3-to-1 rather than 1-to-3, and a couple more RF-to-COAX adapters might work.

Is that clearer?

Should be fine, I have my 7800 and Colecovision (the only 2 that need RF) hooked up that way.

after a long dry spell,i finally found some decent stuff at several goodwills today:

ultima exodus hint book for nes:$1

last action hero for genesis(complete)$1

taz in escape from mars for genesis(complete)$1

last battle for genesis(complete)$1

king of monsters 2 for genesis(complete)$1

rad racer 2 for nes(cart only)$2

darkwing duck for nes(complete and mint)$1

metal gear solid 2 substance for ps2(game disc and booklet in a import car tuner dvd case)$5

various spawn figures unopened $3 each(if anyone is intrested in these,pm me for a list of figures)

flight stick made by mad catz for psx:$2

dead or alive 2 for dreamcast(complete)$3(if anyone is intrested in this,pm me)

Edited by wccw mark

So, i picked up a few carts for the Atari 800 or whatever it is today. I don't have the system, but i was so surprised to find anything gaming related at a thrift store, i got 'em anyway. Most are in pretty good shape, although they're cart only. They were bundled in bags of two for $3.99, so basically these were all $2 each:

Popeye

Pengo

Dig Dug

Movie Musical Madness

Peanut Butter Panic

Kaboom!

Time Bound

James Bond 007

So...i don't really know anything about the Atari 8-bit stuff. Were these worth picking up for the price?