IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Tell me why FF7 is worth so much when it is everywhere? Isn't also available for the PS3 as a download?

The popularity of the series and the game itself, basically.

I do agree; the price is ridiculous and it makes my stomach turn when I see for sale ads with "rare" in the title.

Right, it's just like with Super Mario Kart and (a few other N64 titles that are slipping my mind right now). Everyone had them, so there are tons, but everyone also wants them because they're good... so they get higher prices. People should just say "you want it badly" rather than "rare".

Got some more dreamcast games today, all sports titles:

NFL Blitz 2000

World Series Baseball 2K1

Flag to Flat Cart Racing

Virtua Tennis

$2 each

I now have 7 dreamcast games and every single one is a sports game! Although Virtua Tennis is really good.

Good job! :thumbsup: I assume these were from a thrift? See, I knew someone had a DC in Canada! :) I don't have Flag-to-Flag yet, but it looks good, and seems to generally get good reviews. I've passed on a lot of DC sports titles, but that's one I'd grab (but then I don't think of driving games as sports games per se).

Yesterday I went to a Goodwill Computer Works(?) store and they had all kinds of gaming goodness there. NES, Sega Genesis (model 1 & 2), and Dreamcast (white and black) lined up on shelves. They had a decent selection of games as well for the NES and SNES systems. They also had some Atari 2600 and Sega CD games. They had an Atari Flashback II as well and lots of controllers for each system and one Sega Master System controller.

If only I had money :sad:

I go there at least twice a week..They had alot more Sega Master controllers but I bought 'em all :P , along with a bunch of NES games for 99cents a pop! I would've bought the flashback but I already got two. Goodwill Computer works here in Charlotte is an awesome place to go for retro gamers for sure!

Got some more dreamcast games today, all sports titles:

NFL Blitz 2000

World Series Baseball 2K1

Flag to Flat Cart Racing

Virtua Tennis

$2 each

I now have 7 dreamcast games and every single one is a sports game! Although Virtua Tennis is really good.

Good job! icon_thumbsup.gif I assume these were from a thrift? See, I knew someone had a DC in Canada! icon_smile.gif I don't have Flag-to-Flag yet, but it looks good, and seems to generally get good reviews. I've passed on a lot of DC sports titles, but that's one I'd grab (but then I don't think of driving games as sports games per se).

Yes a Value Village actually. Two packages with two games in each for $3.99. They must not see dreamcast games in the same league as PS1 because all PS1 games are $6.99 even sports titles. And you're right, I guess racing isn't a sport like the others, then again I have a wrestling game and that one definitely doesn't fall under the "sports" umbrella. :D

Edited by AtariLeaf

All my complaining about GW in general, but they have kept the CD games priced reasonably (around here). But $6.99 for a PS1 game is insane (unless it's a rare valuable one). They just see the word "PlayStation" and think $$$$. Tells you the mentality of most thrift stores.

All my complaining about GW in general, but they have kept the CD games priced reasonably (around here). But $6.99 for a PS1 game is insane (unless it's a rare valuable one). They just see the word "PlayStation" and think $$$$. Tells you the mentality of most thrift stores.

Thankfully, the local thrift store I visit price music CD's and gaming stuff decently most of the time. They charge a $1 a disk for any music CD or computer software disk there. Some of the stuff is just meh. But sometimes they have gems worth the buying at that price.

Like one time I was there, They were selling Saturn games for $1 a piece. (Didn't have the money to get any of the Saturn games.) Another time I was there, I walked out with a copy of Eiffel 65: Europop for $1. And then there was yesterday. Where they were selling lose Atari games for 50 cents apiece and two lose Odyssey2 carts for 25 cents apiece.

But sometimes unfortunately, if it's say a lose'ish multi-disk set of riven. They charge a $1 a disk. But thats on a rare occasion they get a set like that.

Edited by nightwheel

Yesterday I went to a Goodwill Computer Works(?) store and they had all kinds of gaming goodness there. NES, Sega Genesis (model 1 & 2), and Dreamcast (white and black) lined up on shelves. They had a decent selection of games as well for the NES and SNES systems. They also had some Atari 2600 and Sega CD games. They had an Atari Flashback II as well and lots of controllers for each system and one Sega Master System controller.

If only I had money :sad:

We have one of those as well. Hasn't been much there lately. Their pricing makes no sense. That's were I got a 5200 for $15, yet they want $30 for an Odyssey 2? Sega Genesis for $40, but a black label FF7 for $20. Well, the pricing made sense for the 5200 and FF.

Got this, new in box, never been cracked open, at GW for $5...

Nice find man!

Planing on opening it up? Or keeping it closed for closed for collector value?

I already cracked it open to make sure it was the real deal. It is, and has all the original packing materials. Sweet. :lust:

I'd like to see this thread have a sister "swap-meet" thread. If someone would consider trading or selling their thrifty finds they could then post a link in the swap thread to the post # over here. I'm sure I bug too many people when I see the cool things they find. It seems to be a common thing though... "will you sell that" gets posted in here allot :)

AX

Seems that I forgot a few games from my last post.

Yesterday, I found 5 more Atari games I bought on Wednesday. I found them while out in my moms van looking for something else. Didn't even know they were out there. Whoops!

Here's what I found:

Enduro

Defender

Haunted House

Realsports Volleyball

and a third copy of Pacman

PICT0185.jpg

Edited by nightwheel

Got this, new in box, never been cracked open, at GW for $5...

Nice find man!

Planing on opening it up? Or keeping it closed for closed for collector value?

I already cracked it open to make sure it was the real deal. It is, and has all the original packing materials. Sweet. :lust:

I've hoped to find a half-way decent one of those for quite a while now, but a pristine new one that like?

Dang!

I found these at a used store yesterday. I had enough to trade for the Death Metal CD (which is a Japan Import and only 1000 were made and it's hand numberered.) Also, had enough trade for the Gameboy Player but had to come up of pocket for Zelda...$15 on that one.

GB player was $12 and that limited edition 2-Disc CD was $8 and it still has that OBI strip that people seem to like. Overall, not a bad day.

post-4103-126418317324_thumb.jpg

You know, I've been wondering something... About a month ago I went to my local Salvation Army, and saw a complete Action Max for $25.00. I didn't buy it because I didn't know if this was some kind of screaming good of what. So, what are those things worth?

You know, I've been wondering something... About a month ago I went to my local Salvation Army, and saw a complete Action Max for $25.00. I didn't buy it because I didn't know if this was some kind of screaming good of what. So, what are those things worth?

That's why I have an iPhone!

What system is that for?

Found a Gameboy Micro half covered up by a hat of some sort at Goodwill today. Probably paid too much for it...

Ordered up a charger from DealExtreme since a search of the store didn't turn one up.

By the way, does anybody have a faceplate they could part with? This pink chrysanthemum/lady bug one icon_rolleyes.gif . . . I mean, it just so totally clashes with my Irish complexion . . . this simply will not do.

What system is that for?

Action Max IS a game system.

What system is that for?

Action Max IS a game system.

No, its a VCR pretending to be a game system icon_mrgreen.gif

EDIT - sorry its actually a game system having sex with a vcr.

Edited by AtariLeaf