IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Public service message -- Don't be an idiot like me. When purchasing games from Goodwill, open the case first to be sure the correct game is inside!

TL/DR -- Went to Goodwill. Instead of walking out with Super Smash Bros Melee and MegaMan, I wound up with a SpongeBob game, a Blues Clues game, and a Black Sabbath DVD.

-B

Yeah, I have had that happen to be once or twice with CDs I've bought. I check everything these days.

post-3233-129480929337_thumb.jpg

Goodwill today:

NES Adventure Island 2 and 3-$5.99 each

PS2 Final Fantasy XI Online (game only)-$7.99

PS1 Area 51-$4.99

Syphon Filter 2 Survival Kit-$3.99.

The SF Survival Kit is still sealed except for a couple of small tears in the shrinkwrap. Anyone have any information/background about it?

post-3233-129480929337_thumb.jpg

Goodwill today:

NES Adventure Island 2 and 3-$5.99 each

PS2 Final Fantasy XI Online (game only)-$7.99

PS1 Area 51-$4.99

Syphon Filter 2 Survival Kit-$3.99.

The SF Survival Kit is still sealed except for a couple of small tears in the shrinkwrap. Anyone have any information/background about it?

Very nice score on Adventure Island 2 and 3.

Chris

Wow, congrats on your patience. If they pulled that shit with me, they would have had a problem. That would have been one more store I'd be banned from. The money wouldn't be the problem for me but I do go hard on principle. I can't stand when stores make a mistake and then make it your (the customer's) problem.

I am trying to be better, I'm only banned from a few stores now. icon_mrgreen.gif

Let me start out by saying that I totally agree with you on pure principal. After all, they are a store and all. But, it's a Goodwill/Rescue Mission/Salvation Army/other type of Thrift Store. I think you walk into those places with an idea that things may not work, may not be in the right boxes, etc, etc. Or if you don't, you really need to change your expectations. And the money's going to a good cause (at least if it's one of the above mentioned affiliated stores).

As far as 'bait and switch' or things working, I place a thrift store really right along side garage sales. You gets your deals and you takes your chances.

Nonetheless, I totally can see myself not thinking to check the boxes!

• Like 2

Hit the Goodwill tonight:

Five screw SMB / Duck Hunt - $1.99

Playstation NBA Live '96 - $2.50 (just cause it was complete and very nice condition and I don't have or ever see any longboxes)

Simpsons Operation game - $2.99 - pretty cool, when you screw up, instead of the buzzer, Homer screams or says different things.

Playstation NBA Live '96 - $2.50 (just cause it was complete and very nice condition and I don't have or ever see any longboxes)

Simpsons Operation game - $2.99 - pretty cool, when you screw up, instead of the buzzer, Homer screams or says different things.

Can someone explain again why the number of screws in the back makes a cart more desirable? I don't get it. :?

Can someone explain again why the number of screws in the back makes a cart more desirable? I don't get it. :?

It's because supposedly (as I understand) they have import adapters in them. I've kissed a ton of frogs so to say... 5 screw NES games, and Atlantis 2600 night scene tests... and I've never won.

AX

post-4103-129502212555_thumb.jpg

I found this charm bracelet at a yard sale for 2 bucks. Each of the charms are marked "Sterling" but thought it still might be fake. Turns out, it's not only real silver but is collectible because the charms were given out by banks in the '60s. Pretty cool little piece and a nice flip on ebay. ;)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2305640464401?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230564046440&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I found this charm bracelet at a yard sale for 2 bucks. Each of the charms are marked "Sterling" but thought it still might be fake. Turns out, it's not only real silver but is collectible because the charms were given out by banks in the '60s. Pretty cool little piece and a nice flip on ebay. icon_wink.gif

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2305640464401?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230564046440&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Congrats....nice little profit there! Always nice when you find a winner.

I found this charm bracelet at a yard sale for 2 bucks. Each of the charms are marked "Sterling" but thought it still might be fake. Turns out, it's not only real silver but is collectible because the charms were given out by banks in the '60s. Pretty cool little piece and a nice flip on ebay. icon_wink.gif

Congrats....nice little profit there! Always nice when you find a winner.

Thanks, yeah it is nice even when not a gaming find but part of the profit can always be put back into some cool games I'll come across at future sales. Plus, 2 bucks is always worth a try if you have a feeling about something and it looks as if someone would appreciate more than myself. Good stuff! ;)

Funny thing is, the older lady had a ton of that craft stuff with some old coffee mugs and the like, some of you guys know what I mean. But, you never know so I always like to stop by quick and see what's good.

It's because supposedly (as I understand) they have import adapters in them. I've kissed a ton of frogs so to say... 5 screw NES games, and Atlantis 2600 night scene tests... and I've never won.

AX

Ah and they weigh a bit more correct, according to the bit I've looked up online? I'll have to check the $2 bin at the local retro store. They had a couple 5 screw duck hunts that felt a little heavier and I never thought anything of it, although it made me pause and wonder at the time.

While I'm here, I also brought in some common 2600 doubles, about 10 or 12, and picked up a loose NES Toobin and Air Fortress and CIB Genesis F117 Night Storm

Edited by AtariLeaf

I got both of these for $1 a piece today from a thrift store. What can anybody tell me about the Kraft Joystick. Like is it worth anything?

post-25251-129504146195_thumb.jpg

A quick ebay search shows the Kraft stick is worth about 10 bucks max, depending on what the stick is for. The pic doesn't show the end of the cord.

Here is one I found on ebay that looks similar to yours: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2607149181701?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260714918170&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]