IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

"Man, I'm shopping at the wrong Goodwill"

Why do you say that?

The Goodwill near me never has any of the cool stuff that most of you guys find. And I go there as often as I can. Just PS1s, PS2s, and Xbox games. I've been there at least 20 times, and I am yet to see any Atari or NES-related items.

-B

• Like 1

Why do you say that?

The Goodwill near me never has any of the cool stuff that most of you guys find. And I go there as often as I can. Just PS1s, PS2s, and Xbox games. I've been there at least 20 times, and I am yet to see any Atari or NES-related items.

-B

In the year that I have been going to my goodwill, there has been atari games twice, and they get NES games every one or two weeks. Also, my goodwill, and any other goodwill I have been to here in kentucky, has a giant sign at the front with all of the prices on it and all video games are $2.50.

You do have to keep visiting the same thrifts over and over until you get hits. Eventually you can start getting a feel for the pattern of stuff a thrift will put out on the floor if you visit on various days of the week regularly.

I'll probably get a good hit 1 or 2 times out of 10 for the thrifts in the Denver Metropolitan area, depending on the season and the way the economy is moving.

It's perseverance, nothing more.

• Like 1

My favorite local game store posted on their Facebook page yesterday that a fresh batch of 2600 games came into the store. Today I stopped by at lunch and scored the following for $15.69:

Star Wars: Death Star Battle. Label torn.

Plaque Attack. Good label.

Surround. Good label.

Alien, 20th Century Fox. Good label.

Fantastic Voyage, 20th Century Fox. Good label.

Karate, Froggo Games. Good label.

It pays to support your local store!

You do have to keep visiting the same thrifts over and over until you get hits. Eventually you can start getting a feel for the pattern of stuff a thrift will put out on the floor if you visit on various days of the week regularly.

I'll probably get a good hit 1 or 2 times out of 10 for the thrifts in the Denver Metropolitan area, depending on the season and the way the economy is moving.

It's perseverance, nothing more.

Dude, I love your avatar!

Just got in from the new Goodwill grand opening in my area. Scored a couple goodies. Not allot of game stuff. Final Fantasy Tactics loose disc GH 99¢, Dreamcast Web 2.0 99¢, Blacks Law 4th Edition $1.99, several other cds, Waltons DVD box sets $1.99 just to flip em. Not much in the way of stuff I personally want, but hey if I can get a little profit, then I can get what I want ;)

AX

Had my son for the first half of the weekend so we drove around "yard sailing" (as he calls it) and bought this stuff for a song. Various Nintendo pirate carts with a Honeybee converter, Denon turntable, Pelican PS2 arcade stick and an all-killer-no-filler n64 lot. I don't even like Pokemon and I was excited to see this. :lol:

post-25671-129635631386_thumb.jpg

post-25671-129635632276_thumb.jpg

post-25671-129635632995_thumb.jpg

post-25671-129635633851_thumb.jpg

Edited by GregadetH

Had my son for the first half of the weekend so we drove around "yard sailing" (as he calls it) and bought this stuff for a song. Various Nintendo pirate carts with a Honeybee converter, Denon turntable, Pelican PS2 arcade stick and an all-killer-no-filler n64 lot. I don't even like Pokemon and I was excited to see this. :lol:

Nice score, especially on the pirate stuff. Definitely a cool day.

I was heading north up I 405 about a week ago just looking for some piece of furniture to put my big honking huge Sony PVM 2530. I was visiting thrift stores and any place that looked like it had furniture that wasn't too terribly expensive when I found this.

It was tested working, had it's battery cover in place and priced at $24.99. Do you think I did ok? It's top decal is partly pealed off and it isn't really something that would look all that great if I tried to re-glue it.

post-210-129642616962_thumb.jpg

post-210-129642617074_thumb.jpg

post-210-129642617176_thumb.jpg

post-210-129642617271_thumb.jpg

On Saturday, I picked up the following strategy guides at a store called the Frugal Muse Books.

Spider-Man Friend or Foe $4.98

Spider-Man 2 93 cents

Spawn Armageddon 93 cents

Wolverine's Revenge 93 cents

Hulk 93 cents

007 Everything or Nothing 93 cents

Superman Shadow of Apokolips 93 cents

All of them are in really good shape.

I was heading north up I 405 about a week ago just looking for some piece of furniture to put my big honking huge Sony PVM 2530. I was visiting thrift stores and any place that looked like it had furniture that wasn't too terribly expensive when I found this.

It was tested working, had it's battery cover in place and priced at $24.99. Do you think I did ok? It's top decal is partly pealed off and it isn't really something that would look all that great if I tried to re-glue it.

Nice find! I've seen them for double the price on Ebay. I had this as a kid, and even bought the pattern book that was made for it. I put in so many hours with that game...One of these days I'll be able to convince my wife that I have to have one.

-B

Scored a pretty good lot today. Everything for a dollar each except a mint but loose NES for $9.

post-22364-129653079712_thumb.jpg

The Metal Gear case is dirty and cracked slightly probably from being on the shelf but the discs are in immaculate condition and in centered / upright position obviously coming from a clean and neat home.

Another day, another awesome find! And an absolute crazy find for my neck of the woods. I went to my local thrift and found a Pelican HD Selector switch (including cables) with no price so I figured I'd ask for a deal at checkout. On my way through the CD section I found what appeared to be a booklet full of CD's. WRONG. It was a booklet full of Lynx carts! I guess it was originally intended for Mini Discs or something but someone used it for their Lynx collection, which is a pretty awesome idea. Now here's the best part....they sold everything to me for less than $7! I damn near had a stroke. Check it out...

post-25671-129657787023_thumb.jpg

post-25671-129657787546_thumb.jpg

post-25671-129657788173_thumb.jpg

post-25671-12965778878_thumb.jpg

post-25671-129657789383_thumb.jpg

post-25671-129657790122_thumb.jpg

Its not Atari, but...

I picked up 174 SNES games (no dupes-26 sports titles)- Included are Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, Fun-n-Games, Battletoads/Double Dragon, Battletoads Battlemania, Super Double Dragon, Final Fantasy 2 & 3, Ogre Battle, & Castlevania Dracula X (many more $5-15 titles)....nice find for only $125.

I didnt even haggle this one. The guy asked for that price, so I said sure. Thank you!

Why do you say that?

Well, if he's thinking what I'm thinking, it's because our Goodwills don't have any of this cool stuff, EVER! icon_frown.gif

I just stopped at a Salvation Army down the road from me during lunch. Nothing classic related, or if it was modern any good. They had two Xbox '06 Top Spins. That's about it.