IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Not exactly a thrift find. I was at work and my favorite customer came in with a box of stuff, she told me she knows how much I've been wanting a sega saturn so she gave me hers for free along with 7 CIB games :)

2n19c02.jpg

What games did she give you? All I can make out are Robotica, Nights into Dreams, Wipeout, and Madden 97 I'd love if someone gave me a copy of Nights and Wipeout(loved it on playsstation!). I never have luck finding anything for my Saturn. Aside from the copies of Virtua Cop and Virtua Fighters mine came with(along with a crapy base ball game) the only games I've come across and bought are Clockwork Knight, Gex and Astal(which I'm actually playing right now, determined to get farther then I've been able ot get previously :P). I'm always on the look out but never see to be able to find them. Oh well at least I've got a few solid games for it.

I received:

Virtua Fighter 2

Madden 97

Nights

Black Fire

Virtua Cop 2

Robotica

Ghen war

wipeout

Unfortunately nights into dreams and virtua fighter 2 came without disc (maybe someone here can help me with that). I didn't want to mention it though, being that it was free after all. And I would hook you up with a copy of wipeout if it wasn't a gift, I would never get rid of games that were given as gifts icon_neutral.gif

I'll keep an eye out for it though, I know we have some saturn games at the store I work at.

I received:

Virtua Fighter 2

Madden 97

Nights

Black Fire

Virtua Cop 2

Robotica

Ghen war

wipeout

Unfortunately nights into dreams and virtua fighter 2 came without disc (maybe someone here can help me with that). I didn't want to mention it though, being that it was free after all. And I would hook you up with a copy of wipeout if it wasn't a gift, I would never get rid of games that were given as gifts icon_neutral.gif

I'll keep an eye out for it though, I know we have some saturn games at the store I work at.

My suggestion, sell the whole thing for around $50. Get yourself a round button model and a racketboy mod. Play what you want ;)

AX

I received:

Virtua Fighter 2

Madden 97

Nights

Black Fire

Virtua Cop 2

Robotica

Ghen war

wipeout

Man thats a bummer but you can't argue with the price you got it all for. :D I'm the same I never give away gifts, but I appreciate the thought. :) I take it your work at a retro game store then? I've got a few near where I live, they do have Saturn games but unfortunately they do their research and price them accordingly so no sweet deals for me. I mainly meant looking at flea markets which I go to frequently.

My suggestion, sell the whole thing for around $50. Get yourself a round button model and a racketboy mod. Play what you want ;)

AX

Whats wrong with the model pictured? That is the version I have as well so I'm curious. Looked up that racketboy mod and I have to say that sounds pretty sweet!

I take it your work at a retro game store then? I've got a few near where I live, they do have Saturn games but unfortunately they do their research and price them accordingly so no sweet deals for me.

Mhm. Music, movies and video games (new and old). We price our saturn games fairly cheap, and I'd be glad to hook you up if we have anything you're looking for (employees get some hefty discounts icon_wink.gif). But to be honest I can't remember which games we have, I'll remember to check next time I'm working.

somehow my funky clipping of the conversation messed up who said what icon_ponder.gif

Edited by Itchy Koala

I take it your work at a retro game store then? I've got a few near where I live, they do have Saturn games but unfortunately they do their research and price them accordingly so no sweet deals for me.

Mhm. Music, movies and video games (new and old). We price our saturn games fairly cheap, and I'd be glad to hook you up if we have anything you're looking for (employees get some hefty discounts icon_wink.gif). But to be honest I can't remember which games we have, I'll remember to check next time I'm working.

somehow my funky clipping of the conversation messed up who said what icon_ponder.gif

Thanks a bunch that would be awesome! I don't have any titles in mind that I'm looking for at the moment. Actually my current focus is looking into buying an Atari Jaguar, something I've wanted a long time. I'm thinking of buying a new in box one off best electronics as soon as the items I'm selling on ebay sell. One of the lego set I'm selling currently and my old pair of nike pushead dunks are close to paying for the Jag entirely by themselves. :D Any chance your store ever gets Jaguar games in? Anyway if its not to much trouble and you get the chance I'd definitely appreciate you letting me know what your store has to see if anything catches my eye.

The work to get the mod installed on a oval button classic unit is difficult, more because of the size of the ribbon cable being different than anything else.

AX

Oh ok. I looked up a guide on installing the mod and on a round button it still looks plenty difficult to me with my limited soldering experience so I won't lose any sleep over the Saturn I've got. haha Though the ability to burn games is very tempting, might have to look into that sometime and buy a round button.

Edited by A_Locomotive

@A_Locomotive

Jaguar games are something that NEVER comes in. In the vintage aspect, we see a lot of atari, nintendo, snes, nes, ps2 and xbox games come in. All others are every now and then items or a rare sight. Honestly although we dabble in new and vintage gaming, theres really no market for it (buying or selling) in my town. Regardless I'll check what saturn games we have in, and I'll keep you posted on that. :)

@A_Locomotive

Jaguar games are something that NEVER comes in. In the vintage aspect, we see a lot of atari, nintendo, snes, nes, ps2 and xbox games come in. All others are every now and then items or a rare sight. Honestly although we dabble in new and vintage gaming, theres really no market for it (buying or selling) in my town. Regardless I'll check what saturn games we have in, and I'll keep you posted on that. :)

I didn't think so but it never hurts to ask. I've only ever seen 1 jaguar cart and system in the wild and that was a beat up copy of cybermorph and an equally beat up console being sold by a guy who was bat shit crazy and wanted $800 for it.

Picked all this up today for $20

1000021b.jpg

I can't make out anything but the Mario game and the two DKC games. The two DKC games are a great find, they are fantastic games! Me and my little bro have sunk countless hours into the first two, the 3rd is on my list of things to get in the future.

I freakin' hate Goodwill.

At the local Goodwill Select I saw a stack of Atari 2600 cartridges in a display case. The few I could actually see the titles of were mostly commons like Asteroids, but I saw at least one I didn't yet own. Then I saw the price tag. $14.99. Each.

That's even worse than the PS1 copy of NBA Jam they wanted $20 for! At least that had its original long box and manual.

Edited by FujiSkunk