IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Got this lot from a garage sale for $5.

3k83p13l65Y55Z05U6b5103eb45dec36c1ad8.jpg

Sorry for the craigslist pic but that's all I could get since I can't find the original image.

The lot included the following..

Commodore 64 with a 1541 Disk Drive and the CM-141 monitor.

The 64 itself is in fantastic shape with only minor yellowing and as far as I can tell, all of the keys work. The disk drive is yellowed but does power on and has some trouble reading floppies. The monitor powers on and seems to work fine but I have nothing to fully test it with.

It also came with:

2x serial cables

1x video cable

1x power supply

2x TAC-2 Joysticks

1x Mouse

1x Suncom Animation Station touchpad

1x Epyx Fast Load cartidge

and roughly 50 floppies

Went to a local Flea this morning. Very light turnout for a Mother's Day but found this lot for $13.00 :D

0508111.jpg

Magic Darts! I remember that one by Romstar, if you are interested in selling that one, let me know. Great find by the way, congrats!

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Sorry for the craigslist pic but that's all I could get since I can't find the original image.

The 64 itself is in fantastic shape with only minor yellowing and as far as I can tell, all of the keys work. The disk drive is yellowed but does power on and has some trouble reading floppies. The monitor powers on and seems to work fine but I have nothing to fully test it with.

It also came with:

2x serial cables

1x video cable

1x power supply

2x TAC-2 Joysticks

1x Mouse

and roughly 50 floppies

Fantastic! I have never seen such a cool find, wish I had such an opportunity.

It also came with:

2x serial cables

1x video cable

1x power supply

2x TAC-2 Joysticks

1x Mouse

and roughly 50 floppies

That monitor is worth 10 - 15 times what you paid for the set. I'd twist your arm to sell it to me if it weren't a matter of shipping it.

AX

Blurry pic like normal :) total spent was 21 dollars.

Nice haul! I don't know what a 3DO goes for, but I dont have one so I'm sure I would have jumped on it. Does it work?

Yep works like a dream :)

Good now buy/trade for some of my 3do games

\/\/\/\/\/ click link below (welcome to the 3do club!)

AX

I hit a used game store this afternoon that I only been to once. Their prices are pretty crazy on old school games, I saw a nice looking cart only 2600 Springer but it was $100. They had a ton of great PS1, SNES and NES titles but it seems like they take the ebay average and add a percentage to get their price.

With all that being said, I did come away with a few games. I don't have Crypts of Chaos and thought 6 bucks was about right, certainly not a great deal but don't feel ripped off either. I have no idea what the DS games are "worth" but Time Hollow looked interesting and it's Konami so thought I'd give it a try. And, I've always liked Snowboard Kids and it's by ATLUS so 4 bucks was a no-brainer for me.

Here's a pic:

post-4103-0-77239400-1305249443_thumb.jpg

$8 - DS TIME HOLLOW (Complete)

$4 - DS SNOWBOARD KIDS (Complete)

$6 - 2600 CRYPTS OF CHAOS (Cart Only)

I think I did fairly well this week. Here is what I got from a Value World:

DSCN0139.jpg

DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

All the above was $25- I'm very pleased! :)

Then I picked these up separately at a Salvation Army:

DSCN0142.jpg

Basically 6 bux for the cases, 2 for Xevious. Also got Mutant League Football (not pictured) for the Genesis from Value World. Came without a case, so I just printed out a new cover & used it to repurpose a Madden case. :twisted:

-Rob

A few things I recently purchased off the local classifieds.

Commodore 64 with vinyl cover

post-28270-0-19411600-1305513904_thumb.jpg

post-28270-0-21230500-1305513940_thumb.jpg

Commodore 64 user guide and disc drive manual that I don't own lol

post-28270-0-42149100-1305513992_thumb.jpg

post-28270-0-51868900-1305514013_thumb.jpg

Old video game magazine that the fella threw in, talks alot about the Vertex

post-28270-0-65240000-1305514030_thumb.jpg

Super action controllers that the fella moded with colecovision controllers. The sticks are from an old table top game. The controllers actually work very well.

post-28270-0-32826200-1305514046_thumb.jpg

post-28270-0-51379400-1305514064_thumb.jpg

Colecovision expansion module #1 with original box, manual and styrofoam.

post-28270-0-23894200-1305514079_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dirty Harry

This little package arrived on Friday off of Ebay. Total for this buy it now purchase was $50 including shipping. As you can see from the picture, the glasses are missing both arms but still work well. I would compare the 3D effect to that of the old View Master slides. All of the games are complete with box and manual. I need to get a light gun so I can play Missle Defense 3-D. I think my local Disc Replay has one in stock for around $10.

post-7900-0-02629200-1305560467_thumb.jpg

Hi New member here hope this is the right forum I recently found an old watch stashed in a box in my attic. I think it belonged to my older brother in the 80's. When I checked on it I found it was supposedly highly collectible. Can anyone tell me about it. It is a space attacker watch by nelsonic. I would be grateful for any info.

Thanks

JIM

Hi New member here hope this is the right forum I recently found an old watch stashed in a box in my attic. I think it belonged to my older brother in the 80's. When I checked on it I found it was supposedly highly collectible. Can anyone tell me about it. It is a space attacker watch by nelsonic. I would be grateful for any info.

Thanks

JIM

http://tinyurl.com/6yrag9y

• Like 1

Thanks

JIM

http://tinyurl.com/6yrag9y

LOL! Funny link, that was actually pretty neat AX. :thumbsup: