IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

Sweet jebus on the Flame N64. I've never asked why you are called orangest, but if you don't like orange I'd be surprised. It's my favorite color for a console (Was seriously miffed about the Spice GC not coming out in the USA). If you ever feel the need to sell or trade that puppy let me know :D beauty!

It is indeed my favorite color. :) And that N64 is a particularly sweet candy shade of orange. :)

And Out of the Closet is very real, and does a lot of good work. :)

http://outofthecloset.org/

It is indeed my favorite color. :) And that N64 is a particularly sweet candy shade of orange. :)

Score! So jealous of that box! Not sure if there are sales figures anywhere, but orange has been the hardest for me to find a second controller for at a decent price. I would be happy to have any one of the Funtastic boxes.

It's my favorite color for a console (Was seriously miffed about the Spice GC not coming out in the USA).

That was frustrating, I bought two spice controllers in anticipation of eventually being able to buy one.

Oh, so it actually is a gay thing.

That's not quite as funny =/

Yeah, I just clicked on the link to the website. :skull: Not my cup of tea. erase ... erase ... erase

Edited by jtoubeaux

Yeah, I just clicked on the link to the website. :skull: Not my cup of tea. erase ... erase ... erase

Where else would you find a flaming N64? (sorry I couldn't help it)

Disclaimer:

I don't hate anyone. I don't force my jelly donuts and hetero-type internet searches on anyone. So long as someone doesn't force their preferences on me we are cool.

• Like 1

Where else would you find a flaming N64? (sorry I couldn't help it)

Disclaimer:

I don't hate anyone. I don't force my jelly donuts and hetero-type internet searches on anyone. So long as someone doesn't force their preferences on me we are cool.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I definitely didn't mean to put anyone off; I really wasn't thinking in terms of an agenda. The bottom line for me is that it's a solid chain of thrift stores that have served me well over the years, and I don't mind supporting the research along the way. :)

And besides, the flaming N64 was found at a Goodwill, and a different Goodwill gave me this new PS1 Lego Racers for $5.99 today.

post-3233-0-77077300-1343789915_thumb.jpg

I definitely didn't mean to put anyone off; I really wasn't thinking in terms of an agenda. The bottom line for me is that it's a solid chain of thrift stores that have served me well over the years, and I don't mind supporting the research along the way. :)

And besides, the flaming N64 was found at a Goodwill, and a different Goodwill gave me this new PS1 Lego Racers for $5.99 today.

We're just having a good time ... some of us can't resist the jokes :grin:

Exactly. Plus, I think if there is a game collectors thrift shopper of the year award it would be orangest. Dude, you make me stop at thrifts when I pass them, even though I never do as well, your posts keep me inspired to keep trying.

• Like 1

We're just having a good time ... some of us can't resist the jokes :grin:

Exactly. Plus, I think if there is a game collectors thrift shopper of the year award it would be orangest. Dude, you make me stop at thrifts when I pass them, even though I never do as well, your posts keep me inspired to keep trying.

Right on, Ax. An inspiration to us all, that orangest is. Bless you (tear)

Edited by jtoubeaux

Picked up a few games today.

PSX-

The Dukes of hazzard II: Daisy Dukes it out

Deathtrap Dungeon

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

Rampage Through Time

XBOX-

Destroy all Humans!

Genesis-

Virtua Racing

Everything is original release complete and in great shape except the Virtua Racing is missing the manual. I bought it all for $11 which is not crazy cheap, but I am happy with it.

Got milton Bradley's original Conquest of the Empire, 100% complete (of course) for $3.99 at the Savers across the street from my apartment today. Now I need Shogun and Fortress America!

Well, I don't have Shogun, but I have the re-print called Samurai Swords. Would that do? I want to sell it. :-D

Got milton Bradley's original Conquest of the Empire, 100% complete (of course) for $3.99 at the Savers across the street from my apartment today. Now I need Shogun and Fortress America!

I found Shogun a few years back at a local thrift store for $2.92 - complete. The box was a bit damaged and a tad musty but for $3 it was a steal - I gave it to my father in law as a Birthday gift and he loved it. Great game, too!

Went in to a Mom N Pop thrift at 7:47pm last night (clearly posted closing time on the door was 8pm). When I entered I was informed they were closed already. There was someone checking out so I still entered and looking in the display case saw a Fairchild Channel F in the box. I was asked to leave kindly. I caught the price $248.98. Before I could even form a reaction (like WTF or LOL) I was TOLD to leave briskly.

A) you are smoking crack asking $248.98 for a Channel F even in the box.

B) if you close early, and treat people like crap, even if someone was dumb enough to pay that, they wouldn't even have a chance to buy it.