IGNORED

The Official "Thrift finds" Thread

Happy_Dude

I got the LA in 2009. I have the Sega pack and over my wife's objections am about to make a deal on a karaoke pack. I've used the sense out of it for laserdisc movies, and have the RGB mod board built. It also serves as my Genesis.

I also saw a link to a Halcyon game, I think it was the football game. They wanted $150. I'm not sure if it's legit.

Edited by shadow460

So got a call about 2 hrs ago from a person who grabbed my number from my craigslist add. They said they had a bunch of games at the garage sale and asked if I wanted to come and see what they had. I was like Oh yeah!!

Long story short I told them I would tell them what I thought I could sell stuff for and offer around half. When I told them the donkey kong controller was worth at least $50 they flipped and thanked me for being honest. Which I just checked and it looks like it's more like $75 now.

They had other stuff, xbox, ps1, and new skins for ps3, and new stuff. I said I couldn't value it and don't deal in that stuff. Long story short. We agreed on $130 for what was in the pic, but I didn't have that much. All I had was $106 on me. They said just take it :-)

100_2949.jpg

• Like 2

Ice scores again. There's enough there to keep and enough to re-sell to make most if not all of your money back. Sweet.

Yea, but man he was really slamming me. He was making me give him $5 here and there for a clump of sports games that had zero value.

He literally made me offer on handfuls of games and sat there with a pad and paper writing everything down. He was kinda annoyimg me to the point of practically making me buy the stuff i didn't want. So I lowballed him on a few items to make up for the crap that has zero value he was pretty much forcing me to give him $$ for.

Fact is I was going to offer what I wanted lol not what he wanted me to. It was kind of a weird scenario and in the end it was more like $426 he wanted but lucky for me I only brought $400 with me. Which $400 is max I would have paid for this lot.

Iceman ... those are a couple of nice lots!

My finds today. Someone on Craigslist listed a Commodore 64 for free as he said he didn't want to just "throw it away". Grabbed his number and searched Craigslist on his number and, surprise! He had a TRS-80 Model 1 with an Expansion unit that he didn't want to just "throw away" either. Called and picked up today. Wow ... Commodore 64 in GREAT boxed condition with all the original packaging. Fired right up when I got it home. TRS-80 had a bunch of manuals, disks, two drives, all the right cables ... after some playing around she booted up and I was able to play some old time gaming fun. There was also an old Commodore cassette player, printer and one EXTREMELY heavy TRS-80 Line Printer.

It never ceases to amaze me that people would consider throwing away such a treasure! This belongs in a museum, not a land fill! I'll give this one some TLC and someone on eBay will be thrilled to own it.

post-31049-0-60645600-1347509494_thumb.jpg

post-31049-0-93355200-1347509515_thumb.jpg

post-31049-0-93470600-1347509530_thumb.jpg

post-31049-0-14325200-1347509549_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yea, it's funny what people consider junk. Just like earlier when i was buying those games. The guy was handing me stuff and chucked a ps1 god of war demo across the room, and said "this is junk" then later he started tossing genesis manuals across the room. I was like really getting annoyed. I finally told him people like to get those things when they buy games.

Some of the best stuff is in the form of demos and booklets. Yars' Revenge is a good example of something that's made better with the booklets it came with. Some demo discs unlock things in the full versions of their games, other have things you won't find in the game itself.

I'd have offered the dude exactly what the common sports games were worth: $0.10 each. I have no problem telling someone what their ultra commons are worth.

I'd have offered the dude exactly what the common sports games were worth: $0.10 each. I have no problem telling someone what their ultra commons are worth.

LOL I did just that, fact is for most the ps2, xbox, and ps1 sports and what not. I told him they had no value. I said I don't even want them, why don't you keep them. He kept insisting I give him "something" for them. So I made him happy. I gave him something for them and then gave him less for other stuff I normally would have given him more for.

On the way into work this morning I ran across a 12 family communal garage sale. Always nice to hit that sort of thing on a Thursday morning before the vultures get there. Anyway, I picked up a PS2 and GBA SP for $5 each. Thing is that the PS2 doesn't have the wall portion of the power cord (that's pretty generic though....I should have one lying around at home) and the GBA doesn't have the charger. Assuming that they work, was that a decent deal? I honestly don't know....I'm really just looking to trade in for credit at our local non-GameStop game store.

What really gets me is that they had a huge bag FULL of SNES carts that I was going to look through. But then I got talking to the guy, was already late for work, and just forgot about it. D'Oh! I'll need to try and stop back there.

On the way into work this morning I ran across a 12 family communal garage sale. Always nice to hit that sort of thing on a Thursday morning before the vultures get there. Anyway, I picked up a PS2 and GBA SP for $5 each. Thing is that the PS2 doesn't have the wall portion of the power cord (that's pretty generic though....I should have one lying around at home) and the GBA doesn't have the charger. Assuming that they work, was that a decent deal? I honestly don't know....I'm really just looking to trade in for credit at our local non-GameStop game store.

What really gets me is that they had a huge bag FULL of SNES carts that I was going to look through. But then I got talking to the guy, was already late for work, and just forgot about it. D'Oh! I'll need to try and stop back there.

Ok, the day gets better! Just picked up my Craigslist find: original Xbox with cables, 3 controllers, and about 10 games all for $10. Now admittedly half the games are sports titles, but even after factoring that into the equation I have Halo, DoA Beach Volleyball, XIII, TOCA Driver 2 (or some such), Fusion Frenzy, Test Drive, Forza, Ralley Sport Challenge 2, Amped 2, and Hitman 2. I don't consider the race games and Amped really 'sports' titles....am I in the majority on that? Anyway, along with what will hopefully be some cash from the PS2 and GBA SP I snagged earlier today, with some luck I'll be in for some credit at the games store this weekend. I'm hoping to get as close as possible to pay for a Halo 4 Limited Edition pre-order. :)

Hopefully, there wasn't a copy of Earthbound sitting at the bottom of the bag.

While browsing the VHS tape at the local Salvation Army I came across a boxed NES Ultimate Basketball for $2 nestled in with the movies. Now I don't normally collect for NES (sold my original years ago), but I had to save this one. I just couldn't bare the thought of it sitting there with no propper home in someones collection. It is up for sale (make me an offer) or trade if any one is interested. It has no manual but otherwise looks complete.

post-17200-0-00261100-1347654709_thumb.jpg

post-17200-0-76029500-1347655037_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fixitguy74