IGNORED

Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

NIAD

This is a special spot in the Venn Diagram: a holy grail of Vintage gaming/ColecoVision collectors AND a He-Man item.  I occasionally post on he-man.org because I grew up in the period and have nostalgia for that franchise in particular as I was a fan as a kid, and let me tell you, if you are unfamiliar, that He-Man collectors are another breed.  That stuff goes for INSANE amounts of money, Star Wars level at times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mozartpc27 said:

This is a special spot in the Venn Diagram: a holy grail of Vintage gaming/ColecoVision collectors AND a He-Man item.  I occasionally post on he-man.org because I grew up in the period and have nostalgia for that franchise in particular as I was a fan as a kid, and let me tell you, if you are unfamiliar, that He-Man collectors are another breed.  That stuff goes for INSANE amounts of money, Star Wars level at times.

Hey, to each his own....If you have $3100 smackers for a single game then you are a better man than I

34 minutes ago, colormesticky said:

I apparently stink at this game as much on Coleco as Intellivision and can't get to Skeletor, but I helped test the ROMS last year and Steve said it's okay to post the video. If nothing else, it shows the very beginning and that the sound works.

Wow...looks incredibly not fun!  ?

32 minutes ago, colormesticky said:

I was probably playing one handed and holding my phone, I don't actually remember. I do remember being giddy about being getting to play them. ? But I will vouch that it's playable and didn't freeze or glitch out.

I was holding my phone and playing with one hand but I had a completely different experience.  Giggity?

Edited by Itchy Scratchy

2 hours ago, doubledown said:

Wow...looks incredibly not fun!  ?

Play the Intellivision version, which seems to be identical as far as gameplay, and you will discover that your comment is 100% CORRECT!

However, you are mixing He-Man with ColecoVision which is akin to mixing Chocolate with Peanut Butter, Pizza and Bear, Wine and Cheese, Vaseline and.... err, I'll stop there!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colormesticky said:

I apparently stink at this game as much on Coleco as Intellivision and can't get to Skeletor, but I helped test the ROMS last year and Steve said it's okay to post the video. If nothing else, it shows the very beginning and that the sound works.

Yeah, but it looks the the game controls in the game don't work. Oh, never mind, the controller is laying on the ColecoVision. ?

56 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Play the Intellivision version, which seems to be identical as far as gameplay, and you will discover that your comment is 100% CORRECT!

However, you are mixing He-Man with ColecoVision which is akin to mixing Chocolate with Peanut Butter, Pizza and Bear, Wine and Cheese, Vaseline and.... err, I'll stop there!

Yup, I mastered this game no pun.

Then on occasion I would put the cartridge in just to listen to the music same as SNAFU

Cloudy Mountain and Deadly disks were my favorite with Microsurgeon in 3rd.

SPEAKING OF....

Anything they do on the 994A should be 100% capable on the Colecovision minus intellivoice.

So is Coleco-Surgeon just way too much of a game?

Edited by Itchy Scratchy

Well, there's my problem! Maybe I should try my Inty version later and see if I'm as terrible as I remember. ?

I thought I had a few videos, but this was the only one I could find. I'm two phones past this, and this was the only one I had backed up.

Edited by colormesticky

1 hour ago, Itchy Scratchy said:

Yup, I mastered this game no pun.

Aside from some nice parallax scrolling and improved graphics over the Intellivision version, the actual gameplay has the feel of a Xonox title... ie: Chuck Norris SK, Robin Hood, Sir Lancelot.

5 minutes ago, NIAD said:

the actual gameplay has the feel of a Xonox title... ie: Chuck Norris SK, Robin Hood, Sir Lancelot.

...lord, that bad!  But let's not bad mouth all Xonox titles, It's Only Rock 'N Roll is awesome...I love that game, although I never do very good at it.  

18 minutes ago, doubledown said:

...lord, that bad!  But let's not bad mouth all Xonox titles, It's Only Rock 'N Roll is awesome...I love that game, although I never do very good at it.  

Notice that I didn't mention Artillery Duel... I actually do like that one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Someone VERY determined!!!!  I started off being quite pissed that this is likely to still never find its way to our community.  Now I'm past caring.....

I went to their bid history and they are 7***j. Seems all the bidders have an alias. Is this something eBay does automatically or something?  I'm not overly concerned about the game. I've lived this long without it, haha. It would be great, though, to not have some guy Golem the three ROMs from the community....

image.jpeg.d7632501e40bc1700b6e175f444223cc.jpeg