IGNORED

Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

NIAD

46 minutes ago, Swami said:

I think he’s trying to start a trend where instead of dropping gifs or memes, people drop sound effects as mp3s. I have my doubts since they don’t play automatically. 

If I could play it here directly on the site, I probably would have listened to it, but I'm not going to download a file to listen to it, to then just have to delete it.  Just me. 

• Like 3

Going back to my last question...Was GraySkull rendered in mode 3 with the chunky pixels?

I look at this picture from page #1

post-25956-0-58459200-1305418668.gif.f5e623f4d8012f0d097694cd7f7ade54.gif

Or this enhanced version

bob.jpg.050100bbaf048b6a8ed5af7b326ed969.jpg

You can see where the pixels would be sharing the same line being one color per line in Mode 2

Where as in Mode 3 (chunky pixels), they would merge very well.

Any insider knowledge?

Anyone Anyone...Bueller...Bueller

Edited by Itchy Scratchy

5 hours ago, youki said:

Hi itchy Scratch , 

now you have the rom ,  would it be possible you do a video with the full gameplay?

Would be very nice :)

I agree that a gameplay video would be nice

I play this game all the time on my INTV and would love to see how it compares

4 hours ago, rietveld said:

I agree that a gameplay video would be nice

I play this game all the time on my INTV and would love to see how it compares

If I made a video it would take away from the mystery.

It looks and plays similar to the Intellivision but with improved graphics as you see by the Castle.

The Castle interior is different and I would rather have the Intellivision music because of the synthesizer effects.

Controls are the same.

Level select is press the keypad.  My experience is 1 was easy and other keys were harder.

Very well programmed hat's off.

Most everything seems to be programed with moving patterns and not sprites but I may be wrong.

This is a technique I wish was better covered in the community because the Colecovsion has the power, it is legitimate programing but for some reason everyone keeps depending on sprites.

Have fun finding working code examples of moving tiles in Z80 on the Colecovision because I have looked.

Could be polished but 100% working from my playing for about an hour.

Edited by Itchy Scratchy
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/19/2021 at 2:05 AM, CaptainBreakout said:

Hmm. We'll, cool that it's in the community.  I'll keep my optimism that it may be released on a cart one day.

It really sounds like the new owner plans on keeping it to themselves, which is a bummer but 100 percent their choice to make. $5k is a lot of coin.

53 minutes ago, Shawn said:

It really sounds like the new owner plans on keeping it to themselves, which is a bummer but 100 percent their choice to make. $5k is a lot of coin.

Of course, most of the community was hoping Collectorvision would get it and many were not bidding because of it, so some guy making a lot of snide and smart ass remarks in the forum foiling that and then immediately and pompously trying to cozy up to the community with his game promoting contest with a demand that the rom not be shared by the winner and saying he wanted to make sure it was legally binding and wasn’t going to sell carts, all while saying he loves the community, is bound to piss quite a few people off. And it was more like $4400, though he likes to say $5000. 

A certain guy named Cardillo was within his legal rights to do what he did, too. Didn’t stop the community from turning against him. Just as the community has every right to boycott the guy with the prototype. 

Just saying, two sides to everything. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tempest said:

Wait, am I to understand that new owner won't make a video of the gameplay because it would "take away from the mystery"?  Is that some kind of joke I'm not understanding or is it serious?  

That is true. I think we should agree to the same thing about his games and maintain their mystery by not buying them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Swami said:

That is true. I think we should agree to the same thing about his games and maintain their mystery by not buying them. 

Wow, that's really lame.  I'm always excited to show pictures of a proto, even if I can't share the rom.  I'm not exactly sure what mystery he's trying to preserve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swami said:

Of course, most of the community was hoping Collectorvision would get it and many were not bidding because of it, so some guy making a lot of snide and smart ass remarks in the forum foiling that and then immediately and pompously trying to cozy up to the community with his game promoting contest with a demand that the rom not be shared by the winner and saying he wanted to make sure it was legally binding and wasn’t going to sell carts, all while saying he loves the community, is bound to piss quite a few people off. And it was more like $4400, though he likes to say $5000. 

A certain guy named Cardillo was within his legal rights to do what he did, too. Didn’t stop the community from turning against him. Just as the community has every right to boycott the guy with the prototype. 

Just saying, two sides to everything. 

You keep "JUST SAYING" and trying to have my work banned.

Here is the deal.  I did not foil anything.

Someone bid, mine was higher.

Whomever I was bidding against obviously did not want it bad enough.  That is how it works, that is life.

I was trying to be nice and resolve the situation but you continuously attack me and trying to screw with my starting business so I reported you to higher up.

Whether anything happens we will see but I am done with you.

Edited by Itchy Scratchy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

I had a contest that you buy a game with a certificate entry form.

So instead of close to 5 Grand it would have been more like around $50 to offset costs.

ANYONE could have won it then released or did whatever they wanted but Swami decided he was going to spoil things so I shelved the contest then some guy named Lawdawg710 literally went nuts.

Once again...  I bought it, it's mine and I am entitled to do whatever I want with it.  Where does everyone get off claiming they have rights to this.

I could have kept it quiet but I dropped little hints to have faith ect... then the contest but somehow you have me getting the idea that I am not welcome here.  if I not welcome here me and Mr. He-Man will be walking away where as I will give away and/or sell my games elsewhere.

Then you can ask Swami and Lawdawg710 why you have to wait another 30 years to see that game.

Somehow I think they will still blame me.

Edited by Itchy Scratchy
  • Haha 3