IGNORED

question about 320k games

Hello,

I just got back into 8 bit atari gaming after a while of not touching my atari. I have been trying different games compilations with the atarimax 8meg flash carts, and I ran across games that require 320k to run. Unfortunately, I don't have an atari with 320k as those games don't work on the computers I own. How many games require the 320k to run? Where can I get a ram upgrade to allow me to play these games? I currently own an atari 800, atari 1200xl (with the 32 in 1 os upgrade), and an atari 130xe.

Thanks,

Mike

Not all that many, probably much more demos than games that need more than 128K.

Bomb Jake requires 320K (or is it 256?) but fairly sure the cart version only needs 64.

Current hot RAM upgrades are the RAM 320XL, RAM 320XE from Ctirad and the 1 Meg Ultra from candle - all these have threads in this section.

Your best bet for now might be the 320XE, fairly sure the 320XL doesn't have a current production run going, and candle's one is in production but the order list is full.