IGNORED

Did not expect this to go so high!

Rev

ok, who won this? icon_mrgreen.gif

i got outbid at like 125 or something.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2006094136341?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200609413634&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I was very interested but didn't win. Depending on condition that could end up being a great deal for the buyer. CIB of Jungle Hunt should get $300 easy. Galaxian, Oil's Well, Up N' Down should go for $150 each. Plus there are several others that would go for $25 or more CIB like Choplifter, Keystone Kapers, Antarctic Adventure, Buck Rogers, Star Wars and Cabbage Patch Kids. The commons could be sold for $10 each.

It would cost some money to get loose carts and manuals to make these CIB, but I think it went low enough that a person could still make some pretty serious profit and even keep a few for their collection.

I personally would have kept.

Galaxian

Jungle Hunt

Keystone Kapers

Star Wars

Oil's Well

Wing War

CHoplifter

Up N'Down

I have a bunch of manuals and carts that I could have used to make the more common titles CIB.

Then completed and sold the rest and get back about $250 of the money. The $250 would be enough to pick up the carts and manuals for the above boxes easily. Take the 8 games above and divide by $450 and that is less than $57 each.

Edited by Yurkie

I was going to totally go after this and would have paid more than that end price but thanks to coleconut I now have a Jungle Hunt CIB and that was the main reason I was going to go after these boxes. I don't really buy things to resell but I would have sold CIB of some of those to pay for the Jungle Hunt. Anyway, it would have been me out bidding but coleconut stopped me from throwing my hat in the ring. :)

I didnt realize Jungle Hunt for was so rare/expensive for CV?!?!?!

I've been collecting for over 6 years and Jungle Hunt is one of the few I don't have yet.

Yep, Jungle Hunt is in the Top 10 Rarest Complete in Box ColecoVision game

Very hard to come by!

Edited by retroillucid

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2006094136341?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200609413634&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Figured it would go for a good chunck of change especially considering the rarity of some of the boxes and what looks like their very good condition. Yurkie is dead on with his estimates as well as the fact that the winner can try to recoup some of his money by putting together some CIB titles up for auction that may not be needed.

I was gonna bid but he wouldnt ship to Canada. Would have loved Galaxian, UpNDown and a few others.

I do have a sealed copy of Galaxian in case you are interested ;)

Up 'n Down CIB is worth around $125 to $150 depending on the condition

436 USD just for boxes without the cartridge !!!! :? :? :?

I wonder if the bidder really realise that the games was not present.

It is easy to get the loose games and a little less harder to find instructions, when you pay a but load for CIB you are really paying for the box.

I don't think you realize just how cheap $436 for those boxes are.

I could pay $40 for a loose jungle hunt, $20 for a loose manual and put the CIB of Jungle Hunt on ebay and I am almost positive a bidding war would put it in the high $300's. At least 5 or 6 of those boxes go to games that would sell for $150 - $200 on ebay. You could sell like 3 of those boxes with game and manual that you picked up elsewhere and already have a profit.

$436 bucks was a steal, if I wasn't a collector and just a profiteer I would have bought that bundle in a heartbeat for way more than that price.

Retroillucid-- *PERK!* What's this about a sealed Galaxian!?!? I'm interested if you're selling! Pretty much only collecting sealed games right now. :)

I doubt J-F is going to part with it.

Retroillucid-- *PERK!* What's this about a sealed Galaxian!?!? I'm interested if you're selling! Pretty much only collecting sealed games right now. :)

I doubt J-F is going to part with it.

Depending on how much is offered, yes I may sell it as I'm only collecting Coleco Industries stuff now

I do really have a bunch of games to sell, I just do not have the time to sell them actually

BTW: I'm looking for a CIB Choplifter ..... just in case

I was going to bid on this lot but I was away from home and just forgot to check in and/or put in a snipe.

I'm down to needing about 25 boxed titles, but it will be expensive, and in all likelihood an impossibility, to finish a CIB NTSC collection. I had my eye on Galaxian, Jungle Hunt, Keystone Kapers, and Up'n'Down, and I would have resold the rest in some fashion.

I have hardly ever seen choplifter either but I know when I bought it that it only cost like $80 or something like that. I am sure it would end up being mid 100's now.

Thanks ColecoDan. I was thinking $75 would be a great deal, and would likely go for between $100 and $150.

I have hardly ever seen choplifter either but I know when I bought it that it only cost like $80 or something like that. I am sure it would end up being mid 100's now.

I paid around $45 for my CIB around 5 years ago, although the box condition is just average. Looks like it was a good deal :D

Edited by Ikrananka

I paid around $45 for my CIB around 5 years ago, although the box condition is just average. Looks like it was a good deal :D

Condition is very subjective.

I personally consider a box with none or minimal crushing with all flaps present (back perforated flap on Coleco releases neatly torn off is ok) with slight discoloration, light shelf and a few scratches excellent.

I avoid heavily damaged boxes regardless of price or rarity.

An example of a box that I wouldn't even want would be the CIB Donkey Kong currently on Ebay.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3103179545391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=310317954539&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I feel a responsibility to take care of classic game boxes, and this conflicts with what would be a strong desire to throw a heavily damaged box in the trash.