IGNORED

My Live World Record Donkey Kong 3 DVD for Sale!

It has to be done...

crybaby2.gif

Agreed. I get so sick of this woe-is-me crap from Homer. Seems like about 4 times a year, he gets desperate for attention and does something like this. "I want to sell a DVD of my world record game but no one cares enough to buy it but they would buy it if it was anyone else. Waaa. I'm the best in the world at something. Waa." Fuckin' A, I don't care. But that goes the same for the record performance of any game. Who wants to sit there and watch someone play DK3 for hours on end? I don't even want to play that game, or most any game, for that long, much less watch some other slob do it.

Homer, if you have health insurance, take advantage of it and start seeing a therapist. That isn't a jibe, I'm completely serious. You seriously need to get some talk therapy going on.

Chris

• Like 3

Hey, I'd watch Captain Spacey... Is it anything like Star Trek?

Its a homemade movie my cousin and I made in 1989 and yea, its kinda Star Trekish. I made a fake Atari label and put it on a space war cart and even made a fake Atari commerical. I have WAY too much time on my hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6iqlHBTFfA

Wow! Now that is vintage! :D Did you guys digitize this movie and put it on YouTube or something? How long is it? Feature length? Or more like a featurette or a vignette?

It has to be done...

crybaby2.gif

Agreed. I get so sick of this woe-is-me crap from Homer. Seems like about 4 times a year, he gets desperate for attention and does something like this. "I want to sell a DVD of my world record game but no one cares enough to buy it but they would buy it if it was anyone else. Waaa. I'm the best in the world at something. Waa." Fuckin' A, I don't care. But that goes the same for the record performance of any game. Who wants to sit there and watch someone play DK3 for hours on end? I don't even want to play that game, or most any game, for that long, much less watch some other slob do it.

Homer, if you have health insurance, take advantage of it and start seeing a therapist. That isn't a jibe, I'm completely serious. You seriously need to get some talk therapy going on.

Chris

Fact is it seems that you care about this more than I do. I just decided not to sell it. Yes a bit prematurely. Get over yourself, stop crying like a baby, because you wrongly perceive me crying like a baby. Who knows maybe I should pity you for having to put up with my pity thing.

Dude, I am not upset. It is not a big deal. Get over yourself, and move on, because I have.

OK, maybe I should make myself clearer in my decision.

Look, a rule of thumb I use is if no one wants what your new product in the first 48 hours, generally you have what is called "Cold Product". Just look at any homebrew, and you will see that a lot of the sales do come in the first 48 hours.

Knowing that there was an extremely high chance I was not going to sell any I decided to pull the sale early. Hey this product relates to me as a person, and so I decided to be quicker on the gun because of that. Now when I said, "You can't have it even if you want it". This is what I basically meant by that. I did not want any sympathy buys for this DVD. I knew there was a higher chance I would get a sale simply because they felt sorry for me after pulling this.

Getting sales like that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And of course this would leave a bad taste in other peoples mouths as well. They would start thinking I was manipulating people into buying my DVD's. So I decided to do what I was going to do.

Again, my main fault was pulling this so quickly. I am not an expert an sales etiquette. I learned a lesson. Never did I want this to turn the way it did.

Wow! Now that is vintage! :D Did you guys digitize this movie and put it on YouTube or something? How long is it? Feature length? Or more like a featurette or a vignette?

Nah its only about 15 minutes long. Had it on youtube but deleted it a while ago after those who wanted to, saw it.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Homer.

If I had the money I would have bought one because I like to play video games and I also like to watch other people play video games (I'm weird like that). I would never buy this for sympathy. So, if it were made available again and I had the money I would still buy it (for the same reason I would have bought it in the first place).

If I had the money I would have bought one because I like to play video games and I also like to watch other people play video games (I'm weird like that). I would never buy this for sympathy. So, if it were made available again and I had the money I would still buy it (for the same reason I would have bought it in the first place).

I'm with you there...I would like to watch and see if I can improve my game.

Homer: I'm with you on at least having Mark Alpiger sell them to fund CAGDC. I will definitely pick up a copy at CAGDC 2011 in September.

BTW #1: DK3 is in the Flag Day Craptacular Tournament

BTW #2: Homer was the first caller last night on Richie Knucklez Arcade Culture episode #12

What was the talk regarding my name, Homer? I missed something...

I'm with you there...I would like to watch and see if I can improve my game.

Homer: I'm with you on at least having Mark Alpiger sell them to fund CAGDC. I will definitely pick up a copy at CAGDC 2011 in September.

BTW #1: DK3 is in the Flag Day Craptacular Tournament

BTW #2: Homer was the first caller last night on Richie Knucklez Arcade Culture episode #12

What was the talk regarding my name, Homer? I missed something...

Basically here is the spiel. I have no phone, and so the only way I thought of where I could instantly contact Richie was on JustinTV. All of a sudden because I was a new account, some people started accusing me of being an imposter. You happen to have () as a handle at classicarcadegaming.com. Since I have been over there more often recently, I associated that symbol with you. I knew your name was Rob or Robert, and so I posted that your name was Robert. The people who write comments on the side box write a ton of stuff at times, and the Robert answer was flooded with other stuff, and he did not see it. So he assumed I was a fake. Hope that helps explain things. :)

Basically here is the spiel. I have no phone, and so the only way I thought of where I could instantly contact Richie was on JustinTV. All of a sudden because I was a new account, some people started accusing me of being an imposter. You happen to have () as a handle at classicarcadegaming.com. Since I have been over there more often recently, I associated that symbol with you. I knew your name was Rob or Robert, and so I posted that your name was Robert. The people who write comments on the side box write a ton of stuff at times, and the Robert answer was flooded with other stuff, and he did not see it. So he assumed I was a fake. Hope that helps explain things. :)

Ach! Ich sehe...

Well, congrats on being on the show...everybody enjoyed your interview!

Ach! Ich sehe...

Thanks big time for that. I have been getting some mad props for that interview. I am hoping this will spur new people unto the show. :)

But the real question is, did they enjoy it enough for Homer to release a DVD of it for $10 tomorrow? We may never know! :D

Believe it or not. Neither I or Richie brought up the subject of my DVD. Personally I think it was better that way. :D

Wiebe's DVD was for sale at the Kong Off for $10. So, Homer's asking price is reasonable.

What I would do is just put a printed Avery label on the DVD and put it inside a recycled CD jewel box.

This upsets me a little. I wants this video! :x I knew I should have gone to the Kong Off. Then again I'm not sure I want to do anything to support Twin Galaxies so it worked out in a way.

And now to find out Homer's video was only $10 too... That will teach me to not check every listing every day just incase. I can't believe I missed this the first time around.

All that said I will not be buying a copy if they are released at this point. This does all seem like an interesting way to get everyone begging for it and then release it.

I don't think $10 is unreasonable. You just need an agent.

Let's get the guy from Sham WOW.

DONKEY KONG 3 SECRETS REVEALED by current world record holder Homerguy.

Its a bug attack GONE BANANNAS !

EVERY TRICK REVEALED FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME !

SPRAY THOSE BUGS !

YEAH !

OVER 3 HOURS BONUS WORLD RECORD GAME FOOTAGE INCLUDED !

• Like 1

This upsets me a little. I wants this video! :x I knew I should have gone to the Kong Off. Then again I'm not sure I want to do anything to support Twin Galaxies so it worked out in a way.

The Kong Off had nothing to do with Twin Galaxies. The Kong Off was organized by Richie Knucklez (and Billy Mitchell?) and scoring was by Aurcade.