IGNORED

What is your most rare colecovision game

My rarest item is probably an official label for Fireman from coleconut... I still need to put the cart together... .

edit: by "official", I mean the regular one that coleconut had made a year or two ago. Nothing special.

Until I hit your posting I was not sure how to answer, now I suppose it is the Fireman proto board since it is one of a kind.

After that, a sealed Supersketch, many homebrews that have low release numbers especially my boxed Squares! and signed boxed Dacman which are unique, some of the harder to find Telegames like Boulderdash and Skiing.

Like many might have similar stories, the ones I used to have but sold in the 80's keep me awake at night like a sealed Wiz Math for $10.

Guess mine would be Telly Turtle CIB, yellow CIB Rolloverture, CIB Tutankam, CIB Gateway to Apshai, Dragonfire cart, Mountain King cart, Mr. Do's Castle cart, Montezuma's Revenge cart, & silver Quintana Roo cart.

I know none of these are really rare...but which 1 or 2 do you guys think is worth the most? Or the "rarest"?

Guess mine would be Telly Turtle CIB, yellow CIB Rolloverture, CIB Tutankam, CIB Gateway to Apshai, Dragonfire cart, Mountain King cart, Mr. Do's Castle cart, Montezuma's Revenge cart, & silver Quintana Roo cart.

I know none of these are really rare...but which 1 or 2 do you guys think is worth the most? Or the "rarest"?

Not sure about worth, but the rarest CIB in your list would be Rolloverture (although Tutankham is not easy to find either) and your rarest cart would be Mr Do's Castle (Montezuma's Revenge is a close second).

I bought a loose CV One on One basketball from a member here at AA.Going from what i saw for the 7800 version of One on One, i had higher expectations for the CV version, or at LEAST just as good LOOKING graphics wise.Boy was i surprised!, "LOOK! Gingerbread Men playing basketball!" :rolling: Anyway, the rarest CV game i now have is XonoX double ender, Chuck Norris/Artillery Duel, unless One on One is rarer, haven't checked that yet.I find it rather difficult and getting pretty expensive finding anything good or rare for the CV.I am still glad i have CV One on One regardless. :thumbsup: I also found loose, mint label ROLLOVERTURE a week ago.I think i'll have to re check this and really see which is rarer than the other.

Edited by Rik

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know how I can get "Threshold" for Colecovision???

If you want just the cartridge, check out Mumbai's For Sale thread in the MarketPlace, he has it listed for $30, but you should PM to check for availability:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/168225-fs-colecovision-cartridges/

If you want it CIB (complete in box), that will be a very tough one to come by and it WILL cost around $150 depending on where it shows up.

If I can take the rarity values I've seen...

Original Release:

Motocross Racer / Tomarc the Barbarian Xonox double ender

Robin Hood / Sir Lancelot Xonox double Ender

Super Sketch CIB

Q'Bert's Cubes CIB (remember buying that at Toys R Us 30ish years ago...)

Homebrew:

Track n Field 2 (not a general release but...)

Hardware:

CBS unit with Exp. Mod 1

Edited by JEFF31

My rarest is probably a loose Sammy Lightfoot cart. I might be the only person I know who likes it. :) When I was a kid, my friend and I used to play it a lot and giggle when Sammy Lightfoot's hair spun around.

I love Sammy Lightfoot ... but ... I somehow never knew it was on the CV!! I've played the Apple II version more times than I'd care to admit.

Off to try the CV version now!

I guess to add on now that I have Boulder Dash CIB that is probably the toughest of my almost complete collection. I also picked up the eduardo Track N field 2 so now I have 2 of his protos.

NIAD and I think I have an authentic loose Bit Corp Meteoric Shower but it is so hard to tell that we still are not positive.

Would be nice to see a picture of the Bit Corp Cosmic Crisis since there are so many fakes that I don't even know what the real one should look like.

Yeah, too many to consider as far as what the rarest (PMC Yellow & Black Cart with Yellow only have 80 made, SIC, Aquattack, Ms. Space Fury #01/75, etc., etc., etc.) cart or CIB is that I have in my collection... maybe some of the In-House Coleco carts like CV Final Test, Go-No-Go, ADAM Final Test, ADAM Diagnostic, ADAM Tape/Disk Ver., ADAM Tape Util, etc. that I have acquired or should I say re-acquired in some case since I had them in my original collection.

ColecoDan... as far as that Bit Corp. Meteoric Shower, that's a tough call especially seeing as most of the other carts that the seller was auctioning off at the same time were repros or first time issues of prototypes by CBS/TeleGames/eColeco, but I am of the opinion that the one you have is THE REAL DEAL after seeing it firsthand. Unfortunately, the only way to know would be to open up the cart and investigate the PCB, but that would mean destroying the label. So, leave well enough alone and let's call it AUTHENTIC.