IGNORED

Any Interest in a new SDrive NUXX Run?

c0nsumer

Hi,

If I'm not too late, I would like to definately order one (pre-assembled), for sure! Thanks

Cheers

Dom

Dom,

Thanks for the interest! Orders aren't being taken yet (I'm still getting the parts ordered) but I'll be sure to let everyone here know when they are open.

-Steve

Hi,

If I'm not too late, I would like to definately order one (pre-assembled), for sure! Thanks

Cheers

Dom

Dom,

Thanks for the interest! Orders aren't being taken yet (I'm still getting the parts ordered) but I'll be sure to let everyone here know when they are open.

-Steve

Thanks Steve,

I missed out on these first time round so don't want to miss out again! Hardware wise I'm just about sorted now, but this is a must-have!

Cheers

Dom

I would like a fully assembled unit, but finances do not permit at this time... So it all depends on when payment is due.

It'll likely be a month or two out at this point. I still have to get the PCBs and end panels made, and I haven't even begun going down that path. I may also not accept orders until I'm ready to ship, but that remains to be determined.

I am not much for finding a case or building one to fit a board. I want finished product.

It would just be ordering a case, not finding. The board and panels are designed to fit a particular standard case.

Just wonder what the price might end up being.

Well, he mentioned earlier in the thread fully-assembled will probably be about $150, like the first run of devices.

I am not much for finding a case or building one to fit a board. I want finished product.

It would just be ordering a case, not finding. The board and panels are designed to fit a particular standard case.

Thanks, Kurt. That's correct. This PCB and the end panels are designed to fit snugly into an off-the-shelf Hammond 1455L1201BK enclosure which is available world-wide.

Just wonder what the price might end up being.

Well, he mentioned earlier in the thread fully-assembled will probably be about $150, like the first run of devices.

Currently price should be in line with the previous pricing from two years ago. I'm waiting on responses for the end panel and PCB quotes and thus far I'm pretty certain there won't be a price change.

Hey there. Fore those of you who don't remember me, I did the SDrive NUXX about two years ago. I've been getting email from folks interested in them again, so I've been thinking about doing another run of PCBs and possibly a limited number of assembled devices.

So, I figured I'd ask here. Would any of you be interested in any of these? And if so, would you be interested in just a PCB/end panel set, or a fully assembled device? (I won't be selling kits this time, as picking parts is a huge PITA.)

-Steve

Count me in for (1) fully assembled unit.

Yes! one (1).

Forgot to specify fully assembled.:ponder:

Sorry about this, but just to be clear, I am not taking preorders on these yet, and not via forum reservations. Sorry. It'd just be too much to handle via here.

When the time comes to take orders I'll be posting instructions here how to order, and it'll likely be via a Google Checkout page that goes live at some predetermined date/time.

I've only received the SIO connectors and the PCBs are being made. I still have to order the components, program the micros, assemble and test everything, etc. It'll likely be a month or so until I'm ready to handle orders.

where do you get so many SIO sockets in black?

I buy up all the Atari kit I can find on eBay (working or not) and pull them.

Just kidding.

I bought both batches from Best Electronics. They are the second (or third, if you count the two end panels as one unit) most expensive part of the whole device, but I think they are imperative for good fit and finish.

B&C Computer Visions also sells them, but they are pulls and thus of substandard quality. (Not that they are broken, but there was a tremendous lead time, the pins still had solder blobs on them, some were a slightly melted, they had to be cleaned, and the pins weren't as straight as they could be.)