IGNORED

Commando return

Looks good, pretty smooth too. How will it run with a few enemies in there? Did you redo the music yourself for CV?

Good question, for the moment the program is not at all optimised, so i've hope that with optimisation there's no problem adding ennemy. My only fear is the limitation of 32Ko, but for the moment, it's cool :)

The music was ripped from the NES version, by the creator of Colecovision's Mario Bross and given to retroillucid who send me the source code.

I've watched your videos already. This project answers why you asked questions about scrolling lately. Another too big project for a regular cartridge then... you are lucky to make this project this year when new pcbs are available to support this kind of big project.

Edited by newcoleco

I've watched your videos already. This project answers why you asked questions about scrolling lately. Another too big project for a regular cartridge then... you are lucky to make this project this year when new pcbs are available to support this kind of big project.

The goal is to put this game on a 32Ko cartridge otherwise ... it's not fun :D This won't be a perfect arcade adaptation, it's not possible, but the goal is to make a remake/sequel feeling like the original in the original limitation of the machine. I don't want to use larger cartridge, i have already learn so many thing to pass trought the limitation (sprite flickering, pointer to array, code optimisation ...) that i want to continue with this limitations, it's really cool in fact !!

• Like 1

I'm sure you can do a good rendition of commando in a 32k cartridge.

Very Nice work Michel. At the speed you program , we can expect to play Commando end of next week! :D

Put Daniel's Commando Music on that and the game will be transcended! (hue..not sure if this word exists in english)

I'm sure you can do a good rendition of commando in a 32k cartridge.

Very Nice work Michel. At the speed you program , we can expect to play Commando end of next week! :D

Put Daniel's Commando Music on that and the game will be transcended! (hue..not sure if this word exists in english)

No, i have another game in mind for next week :) Not for next week, but i have another project who come in my mind, and i think i'll do it. (That's just 3 coding in the same time ... :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: )

I'm not against the idea to try playing music and see if it affects the scrolling. And I'm not against the idea to using the music I've composed based on Rob Hubbard's vision of the Commando arcade game music for this project. But before going too far into various considerations and decisions, have fun with this project and good luck with your challenge to fit it into 32K!

I'm not against the idea to try playing music and see if it affects the scrolling. And I'm not against the idea to using the music I've composed based on Rob Hubbard's vision of the Commando arcade game music for this project. But before going too far into various considerations and decisions, have fun with this project and good luck with your challenge to fit it into 32K!

Thank you Daniel. My first goal is always to take fun :)

GREAT !!!

best compliments !

pls remember me as beta-tester when we meet !!!

it seems clear now that U.S. Colecovision console is more and more a non-U.S. homebrewer project being the various "hearts" of this machine living out of the US, publishers and programmers, from Canada to France.....