IGNORED

SIDE next HDD for Atari 8 bit preorder

zaxon

Can I put my CF card in a reader on the PC and transfer files?

Right now, yes, since the partition table is currently 100 per cent compatible with Hias' LBA MyIDETool. If (when) the partition table changes, the PC toolset will have to change with it.

Now that the partition table has changed will Hias' PC toolset be updated for SIDE partitions.

Now that the partition table has changed will Hias' PC toolset be updated for SIDE partitions.

Sorry, I don't plan to update myidetool. The new partitioning format is too different from the old(er) MyIDE format(s), so a separate program to handle this new format would make more sense.

As I have neither a SIDE cart nor a IDE-plus interface I also can't do much about it - so I'll leave this job to someone with one of these devices and more spare time :)

so long,

Hias

• Like 1

As I have neither a SIDE cart nor a IDE-plus interface I also can't do much about it - so I'll leave this job to someone with one of these devices and more spare time :)

so long,

Hias

Thanks for the quick feedback about the MyIDEtool.

I am sorry for all that still did not send SIDE, I work all the time of the mailings. Unfortunately, currently I have a limited amount of time but I will try to send the remaining SIDE furthest 11/10/2011. On Monday, sent out another 20, on Thursday, sending the next 20th I'm sorry but assembling, testing, and shipping takes really long time.

I am sorry for all that still did not send SIDE, I work all the time of the mailings. Unfortunately, currently I have a limited amount of time but I will try to send the remaining SIDE furthest 11/10/2011. On Monday, sent out another 20, on Thursday, sending the next 20th I'm sorry but assembling, testing, and shipping takes really long time.

Are you saying the new preorders will be sent by Nov. 10th? Or that prior orders from the last batch will be sent by then?

i got my SIDE today.........

Now to get it set up for Fat32 partition and SDX partitions.

Just now working it out and need to know which Flasher I need to redo the onboard SDX rom. I don't like the default config.sys and I want to change it. +++ a few other minor modifications to suit my mood...

Thanks Zaxon, Candle, & Flashjazzcat

Edited by rdea6

ok im new here,but old on retro scene on all the web..

i preorder until 8 September this staff i pay same day, and im waiting waiting.. the first batch the second batch.. after a lot email the answers is just .. ok tomorrow ,,tomorrow..

Zaxon plz tell the truth i dont like the lies.

i preorder until 8 September this staff i pay same day, and im waiting waiting.. the first batch the second batch.. after a lot email the answers is just .. ok tomorrow ,,tomorrow..

I ordered and paid 3 July and the package is now in transit. According to track and trace it arrived in the country so I hope it will be delivered today or tomorrow.

I suppose sending of the devices is in order of payment so be patient

Since it is a hobby project, manufacturing has to be done in spare time. And in real life there are always other things coming up to do, it is difficult to give an estimate when something will be finished. And compared to the SkunkBoard rev 3, 7800XM and the Ultimate1Mb, the SIDE cart was shipped very fast :D

Robert

As much as I can understand your impatience Anemos, I do not agree with the claim that someone has lied to you. I'm currently waiting for pre-orders to arrive (SIDE ordered/paid 7-17-2011 and Ultimate1Mbx2 ordered/paid 5-25-2011), but I do not believe I have been lied to. I do wish there was better communication as to any delays in development, shipping (tracking), and the like. But, as always I do appreciate those who serve these hobby communities with their time, efforts, and skills.

Mike

• Like 2

Update: SIDE has arrived :) . I hope to play with it tomorrow.

. And compared to the SkunkBoard rev 3, 7800XM and the Ultimate1Mb, the SIDE cart was shipped very fast :D

Robert

not that i'm proud of this fact :(

Don't worry. You are still months ahead of the SkunkBoard and 7800XM :P

Also hobby projects for other systems take a long time. One famous example is the Pandora console that took much much longer than expected. And I waited a long time for the C64 1541U-II cart as well.

Robert

Complaining that an item that was only ordered 6 weeks ago, thus putting you pretty deep in the order queue which is being processed by someone who has to build and test all these items individually by hand is pretty poor form.

All of these enthusiast designed/built projects take months/years to develop and generally weeks/months to build and deliver any run over about a dozen.

• Like 1

Cancellation of the order

zaxon, need my money back.

A pitty that you are so impatient. For a big hobby project like this, the pre-order time was not that long.

But I suppose your loss is someone else his gain. Now someone with more patience will be enjoying the greatness of the SIDE cart. And IMHO, it was well worth the wait. And I want to thank Zaxxon, FlashJazzCat, Candle and the others involved for all their work to bring us this great gadget.

Robert

• Like 1