IGNORED

SIDE next HDD for Atari 8 bit preorder

zaxon

Give the guy a break. I got my side cart after about 4 months.. I had no problem with that. When I took pre-orders for the first MIOs, it was over a year before anyone (except a few developers) got one... Noone in here owns a mass production plant. We all have lives to live and normal responsibilities to maintain along with those lives. When you commit your money for a home-brew product/project, you should understand this. The price for SIDE is very low considering the complexity of the design. Look at what consumer charged for the SDRIVE-NUXX, for instance. That was a much simpler design. The extra money he charged enabled him to produce it more quickly by paying for various services that would otherwise be very time consuming, and also to substantiate some of his own time expenditure. Zaxxon has elected to keep cost as low as possible. This is reality, folks.

• Like 2

I fully understand, having participated in such project purchases before.

It's just the aforementioned lack of feedback plus apparent queue jumping of later sales that was a bit grating.

We have some feedback now... so on with the show.

Edited by Rybags

I don't think that the delays are a problem for people, just not hearing any news or updates for weeks on end makes people nervous

Indeed. They same thing was happening with the 7800XM project. Because there was no news for months people started getting worried and complaining. But the developer took note of the critics and now there is regulary a status update. With the status updates, now people know what is happening and are not complaining anymore even when delays are accumulating due to upcoming problems.

Robert

I don't think that the delays are a problem for people, just not hearing any news or updates for weeks on end makes people nervous

Indeed. They same thing was happening with the 7800XM project. Because there was no news for months people started getting worried and complaining. But the developer took note of the critics and now there is regulary a status update. With the status updates, now people know what is happening and are not complaining anymore even when delays are accumulating due to upcoming problems.

Robert

I know, I was one of the first to pay for the xm, but if Curt can't be trusted , no one can

Robert

I know, I was one of the first to pay for the xm, but if Curt can't be trusted , no one can

We had the same issue with the Retro CX40 joysticks when Curt made those, eventually they all shipped :)

Robert

We had the same issue with the Retro CX40 joysticks when Curt made those, eventually they all shipped :)

:)

I was on that list too

I am very interested in the Item!. I do need to know if this would be compatible with an internally mounted IDE device from atarimax. Is the item still probable or has it been produced and no longer available?

Douglas

Which item are you talking about? SIDE or one of the other projects someone just mentioned?

If you are talking about SIDE... it's still being made.

Pre-orders for the 2nd batch are being taken (check the thread for the link) but he's still trying to fulfill orders for the first batch which started pre-orders many months ago.

The 2nd batch won't even start to ship until AT LEAST the 15th of January, if that early.

I have no idea about compatibility with the internal IDE interface, someone else will have to answer that.

Well, i ordered a SIDE device from Zaxon a few days ago and paid for it, but i didn't get any response from him so far.

:(

I order an ultra Satan from him about five weeks ago. I understand he hand makes these things and he quoted me 4-6 weeks delivery. That's fine. I just hope he can get it delivered in or very close to that window. :)