IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 4 Round 10: Joust

zylon

Our game this round is Joust. Some good ol' death from above action in one of my favorite arcade games from way back when. :) Emulation is fine and use whatever controls you wish. Screenshots not required, but preferred.

Round ends on July 11th 2011 @ 6pm EST.

Play on default setting of "Skilled"

Don't forget you can also play Super Breakout and Kaboom! in the A8 HSC. Show those guys what we're made of and really complicate trbb's score table. :evil:

Current HSC record:

Joust -

doctorclu 1,611,000

Beat this and get an additional HSC bonus point!

Bonus challenge!: Play Joust on expert! Top 3 scores will get a bonus point. :cool:

Current scores:

1- 257,850 sdamon +11

2- 174,900 zylon +10

3- 137,300 Sonic R +9

4- 91,200 atariron82 +8

5- 85,200 JacobZu7zu7 +7

6- 55,100 roadrunner +6

7- 21,550 peedenmark7 +5

8- 18,500 Mingy Jongo +4

Joust expert challenge scores:

1- 96,700 zylon +1

2- 78,650 sdamon +1

3- 17,250 roadrunner +1

Current standings -

Points -

sdamon - 98

atariron82 - 93

roadrunner - 70

zylon - 45

DensB68 - 44

doctorclu - 31

NoahsMyBro - 31

BydoEmpire - 28

JacobZu7zu7 - 25

rxd - 19

NML32 - 17

peedenmark7 - 17

Gabriel - 13

rmaerz - 13

Sonic R - 6

Rounds won -

sdamon - 4

doctorclu - 2

atariron82 - 2

NoahsMyBro - 1

rxd - 1

post-25215-0-77839100-1309208868_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

Thanks for the vid, RR.^ :thumbsup:

I'll fire my opening shot with: 109,750 :)

I'll take this opportunity to thank those who voted Joust in since I hardly got to play last time because my cart died. :skull:

Not a lot of votes this week so I'll work up a new lineup of choices for next round. Guys, feel free to suggest some games. :idea:

post-25215-0-19211300-1309235069_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

A few game pics from me,

Pac Man (default)

Q-bert (any)

Galaxian (game 2 middle setting)

I'll take those under consideration, though Qbert hasn't gotten many votes the last few times around. :ponder:

A few game pics from me,

Pac Man (default)

Q-bert (any)

I'll take those under consideration, though Qbert hasn't gotten many votes the last few times around. :ponder:

No way I could vote for Q-bert, as the 5200 controls make it nearly unplayable. Too bad, as I love the same code running on a 8-bit computer with a standard controller. I'm certainly up for some Pac-Man (or Ms. or Jr. or Super)

Looking forward to some Joust-ing! I was happy to provide one of the two winning votes that it got.

A few game pics from me,

Pac Man (default)

Q-bert (any)

No way I could vote for Q-bert, as the 5200 controls make it nearly unplayable. Too bad, as I love the same code running on a 8-bit computer with a standard controller. I'm certainly up for some Pac-Man (or Ms. or Jr. or Super)

Looking forward to some Joust-ing! I was happy to provide one of the two winning votes that it got.

Gameplay tends to get slow on AA in general around this time of year. I'm thinking of doing a special round. I'll take it to my "new management" thread to avoid cluttering this one. :)

Edited by zylon

A few game pics from me,

Pac Man (default)

Q-bert (any)

No way I could vote for Q-bert, as the 5200 controls make it nearly unplayable.

Really?? I think it's tough at first but would be a good challenge overall. I agree though on Q-Bert being not very "controller friendly". If not the Q, I'd just pick "Space Invaders".

I find Super Breakout to be the nearly unplayable one, on 5200 controllers. I had horrible games and scores trying to play on the console. Missed ball after ball... :x

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

I'm going to get in on this! though I won't have much time til the weekend… these 14 hour days are taking a toll on me:(

of course, I'm fine with suggested games like: Qbert, Missile Command, Super Breakout, (Ms.) Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Galaxian… as I have these carts! if I have the game, I'll post up a score :)

• Like 1

Suggestions noted. :) I'm working on my choices for special round tonight and I'll put the poll up earlier than usual because of the holiday weekend. That way everyone has plenty of time to vote.

oh boy.... I lik ethe looks of that... where does one obtain one of these beauties ? :)

:?

I think he means your homemade controller. :)

It gets the job done, and it's the best way to play SB or Kaboom. ;)

It's still the worst port of SB though IMO.

I can make more of those.

Poll for Round 11 is up. It will close next Sunday 7/10/2011, after my dinner. ;) Rounds will still start the following Monday. :)

Don't forget there's some "easy" bonus points up for grabs in Expert mode. Only one score in so far...

Edited by zylon