IGNORED

Good retail PSP games?

*looks over to his PSP collection*

Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, Lumines, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Patapon, Loco Roco, Final Fantasy I, II or IV, Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection, Mega Man Powered Up, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X..

What's so great about Lumines, might I ask? I love me some Panel De Pon (Tetris Attack/Puzzle League) and think Tetris is a tad overrated.

Um.. I find it fun and addicting with an eclectic soundtrack and slick visuals. You may not agree, depending on your tastes.

Midway Arcade Treasures: Extended Play (though from experience, I think the PSN store version would work far better for MK2 and MK3 as the disc version has some pretty nasty loading times for finishing moves), Namco Museum Battle Collection (can play some classics in vertical mode, kinda awkward to hold), God of War: Chains of Olympus, Darkstalker Chronicle: The Chaos Tower, Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX, DJ Max Portable (feels like a great alternative to Beatmania), Gradius Collection, Salamander Portable (if you can import that one).. that's what I can think of so far.

I'd also recommend Pursuit Force. It's easily my favorite game so far on the system. It's basically Chase HQ with varied missions, some on foot shooting sections and a great sense of speed. I can't believe after playing it that they didn't turn it into a major property on the larger console too - it's so much fun.

If you like the genre, Hot Shots Golf is also one you can't go wrong with. It's exactly what you'd expect, a simple, fun golf game.

Oh God there's like a million good PSP games now. It's got a full, mature library with titles to please every taste. It's the only major system in the last 15 years that I don't have, but when I see the PSP shelf at EB Games, I get the hunger every time.

That's exactly why I broke down and picked one up this month. My son got a PS2 as a handmedown and it reminded me of some of the great franchises that Sony has (I don't own a PS3). The 3DS/Vita news made me want a more powerful system than my DS and once I saw I could get it free with some extra games I had to tradein I was sold.

I've bought about 15 games for it already - but I've promised the wife to lay off buying for awhile. I do have Katamari on the way for it from Amazon but that's the last for a bit.

I never saw the second volume, but I know on the Capcom side there's Classics Collection Remixed.

That's because the second SNK volume wasn't released in the US. I think only Japan received multiple volumes.

On the Capcom side, Remixed is the first of their collections. Reloaded is their second one.

Regarding the SNK collection though, can anyone vouch for how it turned out? The PS2 version was nerfed, with mid-game loading, framerate and graphical issues. I would like to know if the PSP version is better.