IGNORED

Some Interesting Auctions & Dealing with Possum-Glory

screamin1

Hey, here is the list of my dealings with him

Nov 12 - Me-

Hey, I just got the games and am very unhappy with the packaging. In your ad, the games Planet Smasher and Xenophobe were listed as, and I quote "Box is in VERY FINE, UNCRUSHED CONDITION". Well, both games arrived in severly crushed condition. The only reason I bid on planet smasher and xenophobe is because I needed the boxes.

Reply on Nov 13

Hi There Mark,

Thank you for writing, and I certainly apologise for this. I ran out of the special boxes I use, and rather than delay your order for a week or two while I waited for more of them, I decided to use an envelope mailer stuffed as full of packing as it could possibly go, to the point where it was so thick I didn't see how the Post Office could possibly damage it (and I have sent things like this before with no problems). I think sometimes, disgruntled employees deliberately go out of their way to damage packages by throwing 90-pound boxes on top of them or something. And it's almost like putting "Do Not Crush" or "Fragile" on a package is an open invitation for them to smash on them harder. (And I have had people tell me sturdy BOXES have arrived smashed completely flat, so that's no guarantee either). It's almost like a dice roll.

Anyway, I will be happy to give you a full 100% refund, that's all I can think of to do as I don't have any more of those Complete games right now that I can replace them for you with. Just return it if you wish and when it gets here I will send you a full refund, plus the cost of shipping it back to me so that you won't be out any money. Does that sound OK? Once again I certainly apologise, and I really do appreciate having you for a customer.

Thanks very much,

possum-glory@usa.com

P.S. I just happened to think, I MAY have some extra BOXES (Boxes ONLY) of those two games, that I could go ahead and send you, and you could still keep the other stuff too. Let me know if that sounds OK, and I will look to see if I actually have just those extra boxes (I think I do).

Thanks again

Dec 14->

Hi, just curious if you were able to find those boxes yet?

Reply Dec 15

Hello Mark,

YES! My mail server has been acting up, dropping to and from messages. It sounds like you didn't get my recent emails to you. I did in fact find a very nice extra PLANET SMASHERS box and XENOPHOBE box for the 7800. I will take a picture of them and email it to you soon, and if you think that are OK then I will go ahead and send them to you as replacements. I have regular shipping boxes again now.

Thanks very much,

possum-glory@usa.com 15

Dec 28

Hi,

frankly I am getting tired of waiting. I originally emailed you back on Nov 12th and this still has not been resolved. Please get back to me and let's get this over with. I'm not the type of person to be rude and I do not feel I have been, but this is just been too long.

Reply 12/26

Hi There Mark,

I agree! The Holiday Rush has had me ALL tied up, UGH! Attached to this message is a picture of the front and back of the empty PLANET SMASHERS box I found, if it looks like a suitable replacement I will go ahead and send it to you, now I have laid the XENOPHOBE box up for safe-keeping somewhere and can't remember where, so I will have to look for it again. Shouldn't take long, however, there's only so many places it could be., and the condition is very very similar to this one.

Please, don't leave bad feedback, you wouldn't believe the things that have been taking up my time, and I want to get this resolved so that you are happy. Two other things I can do are to send you a full refund if you would like to return the items you purchased, or you can keep them and I will send you a partial refund that you think is a fair asjustment. As soon as I find the XENOPHOBE box again I will be taking pictures of it too and sending them to you, and I will be sure they are shipped in a sturdy outer box this time if you choose to accept them.

Thanks very much,

possum-glory@usa.com

Well, that is the last I have heard. I figure I should just email him every day and drive him nuts until I get my boxes. This is the worst seller ever!!!

Wow, that's a pretty wild story! I just looked at his feedback and he has 23 negatives in the last six months, most of which seem to be in December, from several different people. Even some of the positive feedback is negative in nature. And there are quite a few neutrals as well. Some of the positives include things like:

"Better late then never, box not mint but I knew looking at pic. C+ on this one."

"Very slow delivery ( possibly CUSTOMS delay) Good product AA++"

"Had shipping problem, but fixed it with speed and accuracy! Thank you! A+++"

"Received finally and tested, works great. Shipping trouble hopefully over."

"FINALLY came through and sent package after numerous emails! Thx! :)"

Looks like things started to fall apart for him in September or so.

..Al

These are some of my favorites

Complaint : I sent the the games back to you WHERE'S MY REFUND you promised,it's been weeks

Response by possum-glory@usa.com - Instead of just Reminding me, he (lob37) bombs my box with 100's of the same msg

Follow-up by lob37 - I did send e-mails, you ignored them, so i sent hundreds of e-mails.IGNORE THAT!

Complaint : 6 Weeks for delivery, if you can't delivery on time get off e-bay bad seller

Response by possum-glory@usa.com - I ate cost on re-shipping. gamemaster example of how Ebay Feedback can be abused

Follow-up by gamemaster489 - let see 22 neg. on your feedback so it not you. All out to get you. Get a life

well well well...

I finally got my game today and it was in good shape. Now, keep in mind the auction closed October 10, and the package was MAILED on December 26, I still say that is far too long. As this is the second time I bought from him, I conclude that this seller is disorganized but honest overall.

Well i got the Money Back for the Tank Command auction, in a timely fashion just as he promised

another complaint fixed by James

looks like he is following though on most of the problems he was having last month and before

i hope the rest of you can get what they got comming to them as well

This is the latest email from James Redd...it was on Monday I believe. Maybe I am getting closer to a refund.

Hi Scott,

I went to PayPal to send you a refund for the items you purchased that did not work and was unable to issue you a refund, it said that the amounts you sent were "unavailable" even though they show up as being in PayPal's system, they appear to be frozen or something, It won't LET me send you a refund. Really, I am not making this up! Did you request some kind of refund on your own? If so, I don't mind, but from what I have heard others say about that kind of thing it can take as long as three or four WEEKS to work through PayPal's system, and also it prevents me from sending you the amounts back to you immediately. I'm not sure what to do now, perhaps I can talk to PayPal and get them to speed up

the process for you some way if they will do that. Your money is safe, as it always was, and you will get it back EVENTUALLY, but I'm not sure when now, sorry about that. Maybe as I get to reading down deeper into the messages that have piled up I'll understand more about what's going on.

Thanks very much,

possum-glory@usa.com

Oh course I replied that I will gladly accept a money order and that paypal isn't the only method of refund, but haven't heard back in a few days. Let the frustration continue...

I am yet the latest victim of James Redd. I bought Boing, Stronghold and Master Builder. I am yet to get a response. I will file fraud reports and urge everyone that has had problems to file a complaint with the fraud dept and customer service. I have been waiting a month myself, although with James it seems like I am probably one of the more recent ones.

If he can't follow through I think he should be kicked off of Ebay.

Well, I sent my final email to James:

Dear James

This is that last time I will be emailing you about this. Jan 24th marks 3 months after I purchased these item. I believe I have 90 days to leave feedback. If I don't not receive my items by Jan 23, I will leave negative feedback. I am not going to return for a refund because I do not want to be bothered with waiting to get reimbursed.

Please make every effort to correct this situation.

I am sick of James Redd. This is the worst time that I have ever been screwed on eBay. I keep writing and he keeps ignoring my emails. I have won a couple of auctions of his in the past couple weeks and am holding them hostage. See how he likes being shafted. I have filed fraud charges with eBay and Paypal. I should get some kind of refund from Paypal. I think I am covered for up to $400 on each auction. This guy has some gall. I can't believe his new shipping policy and how he says he ships so fast (brags of a 24 or 48 hour turnaround time in the automatic message you get when you win his auctions). And he has the square trade icon on his auctions. Funny, since I filed a square trade action against this guy. Regardless of the outcome of this he will be getting a scathing negative feedback from me...probably at the 11th hour in an effort to evade a negative revenge feedback from him. Kind of like feedback sniping! :D I sure hope the rest of you join me in bombarding his email, attempting to call him, taking his current auctions hostage, and any other possible negative measures. I will get my money back or die trying.

I just got off the phone with PayPal

[b]Buyers listen: The best recourse you have is to file a complaint with PayPal, but it has to be within 30 days of the PayPal transaction.[/b] Supposedly my refund is pending and will take about 10 days. Some other buyers waited way too long NEVER let it go beyond 30 days for PayPal. If you can try to make sure that you use PayPal versus a money order because it's the best recourse for buyers.

Ebay fraud protection takes big fees from your items so you can still go for it but the best protection is PayPal using CREDIT CARD not the Bank Account money.

The reason why you want to use PayPal with the Credit Card is because if there is some problems getting a refund with PayPal you can go directly to the credit card company and file for a investigation and refund.

Here's what finally happened with James response

Well he finally responded to me with the

1 sick excuse

2 big magnet, games on consignment

3 PayPal has money locked up.

The emails are almost virtually the same. I think only an idiot would believe a big magnet made them not work. Now he doesn't want to sell them to me because of this?

I don't believe him. I think he made a better deal on the side for alot of this stuff. At this point I don't care I am just going to get my money back.

The emails are almost virtually the same.  I think only an idiot would believe a big magnet made them not work.  Now he doesn't want to sell them to me because of this?

He claimed that a big magnet made the games inoperative? I've heard a lot of excuses before, but that's a pretty amazing one. Even before I heard this ridiculous excuse, I would have had a hard time believing that such a large number of games "don't work". I agree that some chain of events probably occured where he simply doesn't have the games that he's making these excuses about. I wonder if he knows that this is all being discussed here.

..Al

Also, I was wondering if anyone has done business with possum-glory lately.  I won (and paid for) auctions for Quadrun, Waterworld, silver Gravitar, and Death Trap.  That was about a month ago.  He has a lot of positive feedbacks, but the negatives include shipping times of around 6 weeks.  This is beginning to get a bit ridiculous.  How long does it take to put 4 games in a priority box and get them on their way.  Also very slow in answering emails.  Any feedback or advice appreciated.

Hi,

Done some deals from ebay with him, although he was not replying fast he did everything ok. I got the package as promised.

A week ago I did win another package. I will let you know how it ends up. I already got an e-mail and payed him.

I normally choose surface/ground shipping from the US/CAN and sometimes it takes up-to 4-6 weeks sometimes even longer but it's cheaper so I will be patient...

TXG/MNX

This what I said when I called his excuse the big magnet theory, this is what he emailed to me word for word:

Cartridges rarely go bad, so I can't imagine WHY so many out of that

batch wouldn't work, it's almost like they were exposed to an intense

electromagnetic or electrostatic field at some point, he did say that

they used to belong to his brother, who worked for years on Military

Radar Systems, so that may have had a LOT to do with it.

Well, finally got another few emails from James Redd. All it took was filing fraud charges with eBay and roughly 50 emails requesting an update on my refund. What I did (and you might want to try this ESylvia is go to one of his current auctions, click on "ask seller question" and write your message. Then copy your message, hit back, and paste it over and over and over repeatedly until it fills his mailbox. He didn't really appreciate that tactic of mine. He also said that answering all of the fraud emails from eBay is taking up a lot of his time. He seems to think that I instigated this because other people are doing the same thing :D Cool...hope it gets some action. He says that he is locked out of paypal so that he can't send a refund at this point. He also says that he has written paypal and hopes that he will be able to refund in the near future. My big question is this...WHY DON'T YOU SEND A FRIGGIN MONEY ORDER! This guy is unbelievable. It is amazing how at least very rare Atari cartridges could also go bad due to the GREAT MAGNET THEORY. Love that one. My next step will be to email every bidder on all his auctions and send them to this thread. After that will be a weekend drive to Cincinnati. By the way, it is worthless trying to call him. I have tried calling at every hour of the day and it is always busy. What a piece of crap.

Well I finally heard back from paypal. They were able to refund me a total of $24.69 from the $425 total. They seemed to take his word for it when he responed that he had refunded me the $283 for Quadrun (which he hasn't) and the $24 was all that was available in his account. Anyhow, I am still working to recover the remaining $400. Here's his latest email...seems I am beginning to hurt his business.

Scott,

You need to get ahold of PayPal IMMEDIATELY or by phone or ANY way you can, they have now RESTRICTED ACCESS to my account because of your complaints, so that I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY MONEY IN IT TO PAY YOU WITH. I had a bunch of auctions that just ended plus some buyers who had been waiting to combine their previous auctions for shipping now and my mailbox is filling up with mail from people who are wondering WHY THEY CAN'T PAY ME! My balance had just become positive again too, and the money these people are wanting to send me is MORE THAN ENOUGH to pay you completely but NOW PAYPAL WON'T ACCEPT THEIR MONEY! Their "Resolve Situation" screen said I could authorize them to pay you the amounts still owed, which I did, but my account is

STILL restricted because there is NOT YET ENOUGH in there to DO it, YET THEY WON'T LET ANY MORE money come into the account, it's truly the stupidist, most screwed-up thing I ever saw in my life. YOU NEED TO TRY TO REACH A LIVE PERSON THERE AND EXPLAIN THIS TO THEM, SO I CAN PAY YOU!!! I WILL DO THE SAME, Obviously now I cannot ship the other game or games now until I have access to my PayPal account again!!

As for why didn't I send a money order, etc. well I couldn't really do that

from a hospital bed now could I and at that time I DIDN'T KNOW THE GAMES WOULDN'T WORK AND that I would even NEED to issue you a refund!!! PLEASE TRY TO TALK TO A LIVE PERSON AT PAYPAL RIGHT AWAY AND EMAIL ME THEIR PHONE NUMBER IF YOU CAN FIND IT!!! My insurance didn't cover all of my medical expenses and the ONLY money that I HAVE to pay you with is what comes through PayPal, you WOULD

have gotten paid LONG before now but you keep doing things that make it almost IMPOSSIBLE to pay you no matter how hard I TRY!!! I WAS feeling better but all this has made me feel sick again.

James Redd

possum-glory@usa.com

Yeah! I am finally making him sick again....now he will understand how getting screwed out of $400 makes you feel. Keep working on him esylvia, you will soon get a similar email.

This is just another in a line of long excuses, he used the same (new worker, lost package) excuse on at least 5 different people here over 3 months ago. He has a history of sloppy order delivery, so after all his crying wolf it's going to hard to buy his story of medical bills.

I would stand firm and not stop any of your actions until he sends that money order, everytime he complains, just send him your address and the amount you want in a money order.

Well what do you know, if it's money for him he can reply. :roll:

Hi There,

Thank you for writing, I seems I am currently in a dispute with PayPal,last month someone ordered merchandise from my auctions and paid with a fraudulent credit card and now PayPal has charged back the entire  

amount to my account, causing it to have a negative balance and go into  "Limited" mode where most activity cannot take place. It's very frustrating. Hopefully I can get this cleared up soon, but until then I can still accept online payments at BIDPAY ( www.bidpay.com ) under my same email name ( possum-glory@usa.com ) You pay them and they mail me a money order, but I still ship right away or you can send me a check or money order or cash (wrap well) at:

wow, a new lie about a fraudulent credit card, I guess it would hurt to be honest and say that he owed someone a few hundred and didn't have the balance for a chargeback. :roll:

Hi There,

Thank you for writing, I seems I am currently in a dispute with PayPal,last month someone ordered merchandise from my auctions and paid with a fraudulent credit card and now PayPal has charged back the entire  

amount to my account, causing it to have a negative balance and go into  "Limited" mode where most activity cannot take place. It's very frustrating. Hopefully I can get this cleared up soon, but until then I can still accept online payments at BIDPAY ( www.bidpay.com ) under my same email name ( possum-glory@usa.com ) You pay them and they mail me a money order, but I still ship right away or you can send me a check or money order or cash (wrap well) at: