IGNORED

Season 7 Round 5 - Ninja Gaiden

CGQuarterly

I can't stop playing this game! What have you done to me!

I had a clear run with 3 men remaining. Killed all 3 bosses at the end of 6 on one man. And then? I got to kiss the girl :P

I'll try to stop playing now. I've always loved this game though.

B

post-29567-0-21585100-1310340125_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigbee99

If I could get past the level 5 boss now I could learn to hate level 6. I have gotten much better at the first 4 levels, but after that its a shot in the dark. I may get the level 5 boss, I might die before 5-2... I'm enjoying the game a lot more now that I have a good reason to play a lot of it, but man this thing is hard.

If I could get past the level 5 boss now I could learn to hate level 6. I have gotten much better at the first 4 levels, but after that its a shot in the dark. I may get the level 5 boss, I might die before 5-2... I'm enjoying the game a lot more now that I have a good reason to play a lot of it, but man this thing is hard.

MALTH! I remember him being so intimidating the 1st 100 times I played him. It's really just a life race. You just have to charge him, but not bump into him. He dose 3 damage per hit and you can get in 3-5 slashes in between each of his attacks. Don't try to dodge his stuff. Just take it and you can win the "race". If you bump into him, that adds an extra hit for him and will allow him to move in front of you during the "race," not to mention, you miss you hits as well. It's a really fast battle!

There is a jump in 5-2 that can sometimes get me this day. The one where you have to fall down and catch the wall on the left w/o moving to far to the right and triggering the white bird. I can remember which screen it is but it tough.

B

MALTH! I remember him being so intimidating the 1st 100 times I played him. It's really just a life race. You just have to charge him, but not bump into him. He dose 3 damage per hit and you can get in 3-5 slashes in between each of his attacks. Don't try to dodge his stuff. Just take it and you can win the "race". If you bump into him, that adds an extra hit for him and will allow him to move in front of you during the "race," not to mention, you miss you hits as well. It's a really fast battle!

There is a jump in 5-2 that can sometimes get me this day. The one where you have to fall down and catch the wall on the left w/o moving to far to the right and triggering the white bird. I can remember which screen it is but it tough.

B

I know the jump you are talking about well. It is no fun at all. It the only part of the game I have seen that makes you grab a wall to move down, so its completely backwards from what you are very used to by the time you get to it.

Actually, I think you can also clip through the top portion intentionally. I found it a lot easier to do that than the standard method of getting through that part. Just keep jumping and doing the left/right movements on the controller rapidly. Only works going right, though.

I've played this game for how long and never tried that?!?! Thank you very much! I managed to do it but I had to take a lick or two from that white bird.

B

Actually, I think you can also clip through the top portion intentionally. I found it a lot easier to do that than the standard method of getting through that part. Just keep jumping and doing the left/right movements on the controller rapidly. Only works going right, though.

WOW! I never would have thought that would work the way it does. Much easier then doing it the "right" way. Now the question is does that count as a glitch?

This round is over. I am compiling the standings right now and will post the next game as soon as I am done. Here are the results for this week:

bigbee99               359,700     +9
HatefulGravey          168,700     +6
NightSprinter          154,300     +3
LarcenTyler             85,300     +1 
classicgamer_27330      37,900     +1

• 3 years later...