IGNORED

2600 eBay: > SPACE ROBOT < Prototype SS 83111

zapposh

Here is the link to the auction:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2208101065541?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220810106554&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Space Robot is a Missile Command hack, so a common question would be if a prototype of a hack can actually be called an official prototype.

The answer is: of course. Hacks were just as subject to bugs or graphical glitches as their original counterparts, and subject to testing before distribution, and the fact alone that it exists makes it official in its own right.

No need to explain by its limited release how rare it is.

The game itself is in excellent working order.

Other games too in further auctions.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2208101065541?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220810106554&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Space Robot is a Missile Command hack, so a common question would be if a prototype of a hack can actually be called an official prototype.

The answer is: of course. Hacks were just as subject to bugs or graphical glitches as their original counterparts, and subject to testing before distribution, and the fact alone that it exists makes it official in its own right.

Will the further auctions be protos? And if so, how many and what titles?

How do you know its a prototype and not just a pirate cart or a homemade label ?

Simply put: I don't.

But I got it from a retired ex-Quelle employee, who told me it was a proto, and that they sometimes had access to them, and as he had no reason to be bullshitting me, I went with it.

Then again, it might not be one. Bidders will judge that for themselves.

The gameplay is identical to the commercial release. So are the graphics.

Will the further auctions be protos? And if so, how many and what titles?

Just let go of a PAL Gremlins proto, and I have no others.

Listed some boxed games. Keeping the loose ones. I know most people would do it the other way round. :)

But I got it from a retired ex-Quelle employee, who told me it was a proto, and that they sometimes had access to them, and as he had no reason to be bullshitting me, I went with it.

You shouldn't.

It's a Hotshot release:

post-6203-0-65399300-1310207379_thumb.jpg

Rare, but nothing too special.

And most certainly not a proto.

8)