IGNORED

American Hero CD?

Sargon

Pretty sure they are all the same version. The first run of them sold back in 2004 (or was is 2002-3?) I believe it was, a guy from europe sold them who was a member here (AA name = "Stone" havent seen him in years on here). That release came in a jewel case with a nice insert and the cd had a nice label. Better quality than B&C but I think the content is the same, though I could be wrong, cant remember.

BY THE WAY :P I have an original copy for sale on ebay.. ;) Its a lot harder to find the original one than the b & C one which is readily available.

And I think there may have been 3 different releases on this?! It's hard to keep track of all these jag releases over the years..

The first release was unencrypted because at that time the CD encryption program was not yet available. This version can only be played with a CD-Bypass of some kind.

The version B&C is now selling is encrypted making it playable on a standard Jaguar. Further I don't think there are any differences.

Robert

The first run of them sold back in 2004 (or was is 2002-3?) I believe it was, a guy from europe sold them who was a member here (AA name = "Stone" havent seen him in years on here). That release came in a jewel case with a nice insert and the cd had a nice label. Better quality than B&C but I think the content is the same, though I could be wrong, cant remember.

I'm still here, and thanks 8) It was 2003 - back then it was unbelievably difficult to get a consistent quality of copy on Jag stuff - I went through an entire pack of CD-Rs at the start burning coaster after coaster! The CD bypass unfortunately means that imperfect copies can still be run so there was a lot of playtesting involved on each disc to make sure there weren't any extra errors above and beyond my original copy. I think I only sold them for £5 though so it was a bargain ;-) Threw out a huge stash of leftover inserts a couple of months away actually - it wound up easier getting a larger quantity printed all at once. I think I only sold 50 or so, so if you have one then you're part of a lucky minority :)

Not sure if the B&C version is based off one of my copies or not, to be honest. All power to his elbow though, it's not at all easy making copy after copy of this stuff.

Stone

• 1 month later...

HI, STONE!

Maybe we have some news, here:

nearly 50 copies may be well be the *rarest* Jag game in existence!!!111ONE!

This should blow BSG off the water big time...

I think I'll list mine for, hmmm..., say, ... 1500 Euros, starting bid 1499, reserve at 5000, hehe!

You know, I still hope to get more gameplay, and every now and then I give a spin at it, sometimes trying to play "nice" in order to go far, and sometimes playing "hard", in order to get, well, you know, ... ;-)

• Like 2

HI, STONE!

Maybe we have some news, here:

nearly 50 copies may be well be the *rarest* Jag game in existence!!!111ONE!

This should blow BSG off the water big time...

I think I'll list mine for, hmmm..., say, ... 1500 Euros, starting bid 1499, reserve at 5000, hehe!

You know, I still hope to get more gameplay, and every now and then I give a spin at it, sometimes trying to play "nice" in order to go far, and sometimes playing "hard", in order to get, well, you know, ... ;-)

Playing HARD is the wrong phrase to use when talking about American Hero :D

• Like 2

Hehe, right. However, I couldn't come up with a more appropriate word, at the time I wrote the message.

:) They had some good models and actresses in that game.

What is cool to do is get the American Hero movie CD's from Jaguar Sector 2 and watch the rest of the movie. Not as many skin scenes, but great to see how the rest of the movie/game would have progressed. I think with the whole movie filmed that making the game with options would be possible.