IGNORED

Where to buy an Odyssey system?

Atari_Bill

I'd love to pick up an original Odyssey system, but looking on ebay it seems that every single system in existence is owned by robotkingnes who seems to think his systems are made of solid gold. Actually I take that back, it would be cheaper to buy a bar of gold :P Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on where else to look to pick up a system he hasn't already bought?

Not every Odyssey on ebay is picked up by Dick(robotkingnes). Its just a matter of getting the right one for a good price. It is also tough to find one that works properly. I searched game sellers/stores and eventually picked mine up at collectorscardsandgames.com for a $100. If you look around you should be able to find one. Or hopefully you can find someone in the forums who has an extra. Ive also seen one sold on gamegavel.com or craigslist. A lot of people choose not to work with Dick due to his outrageous prices but you can email him with an offer and he might sell you one for less. His odysseys are refurbished and do work great. His repairman does a great job. Good luck in your search. I owned 5 odysseys at one time so you can track them down.

I have a couple of these I purchased in the late 80's - boxed and I believe complete (have not inventoried it yet - I did take one out briefly in the mid 1990's). If I remember right they are Run 3s. When they stopped selling them one of the dumping grounds for the remaining units was Salt Lake City so they were not hard to find in Garage Sales in Utah... I was planning on putting them up when I made sufficient progress on the computer stuff I have been selling as of late :) I had no idea these were so high priced on eBay.. holy crap! crazy.. Even some of the O2s are crazy priced..

I have a couple of these I purchased in the late 80's - boxed and I believe complete (have not inventoried it yet - I did take one out briefly in the mid 1990's). If I remember right they are Run 3s. When they stopped selling them one of the dumping grounds for the remaining units was Salt Lake City so they were not hard to find in Garage Sales in Utah... I was planning on putting them up when I made sufficient progress on the computer stuff I have been selling as of late :) I had no idea these were so high priced on eBay.. holy crap! crazy.. Even some of the O2s are crazy priced..

It all depends on who is trying to sell them. There are some folks on ebay that consistantly list and relist at rediculous prices and you rarely ever see anyone bite on them. Anyway, if you have a boxed copy to sell or willing to trade, let me know.

Edited by Atari_Bill