IGNORED

Nice instant CoCo collection on eBay (not mine)

thanatos

Oh yes someone did ;)

FND? What do you tell Thanatos for posting that for you???!?!?

Nice score, bro!

True a THANK YOU is in order.

Thanks for taking the time to post this Thanatos you made my day.

I was surprised it was still available when I checked, usually good

deals are long gone by the time I look. I even took the time to read

all the info and check the shipping and then log in before I hit the BIN

AtariLeaf

I will need to check if I have another copy of the Doubleback cart and if

so I will let you know

Oh yes someone did ;)

Nice score, bro!

AtariLeaf

so I will let you know

Hey, no problem. Happy to get more people into the CoCo community - although, if you might have a double of one of the games, maybe you're just hoarding hardware... :)

Oh yes someone did ;)

Nice score, bro!

AtariLeaf

so I will let you know

Hey, no problem. Happy to get more people into the CoCo community - although, if you might have a double of one of the games, maybe you're just hoarding hardware... :)

No not hoarding I need the disk drive and can use the coco 3 as a back up ;)

Edited by FND

Oh yes someone did ;)

Nice score, bro!

AtariLeaf

so I will let you know

No not hoarding I need the disk drive and can use the coco 3 as a back up ;)

You don't have spares until you have two 512k CoCos. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well got the COCO collection yesterday, Sadly yet again I have fallen victim to poor shipping :(

Thankfully the damaged items were not the items I was interested in seems the Cassette player had

damage not mentioned in the auction (melted area by the battery compartment) the COCO 2 now has

case damage along with the printer plastic cover that is now smashed into 1000 pieaces.

The seller aparently felt putting a single layer of bubble around each item would be good, yes this

would work if the items were not just put into a box about twice the size needed. Each item although

wrapped in bubble wrap was free to be move around inside the box, this collection had two COCO systems

a printer and the disk drive all of which are heavy and when left to postal abuse were getting slamed against

each other with every transfer causing damage to the plastic cases. Again thanfully the items I was most

interested seem to have arrived in good condition (hoping the abuse did not damage anything inside the disk

drive or the coco 3 )

I should really give up buying anything in lots seems a large percentage of sellers just cant be trusted

to use the most basic common sense when packing :(

Well got the COCO collection yesterday, Sadly yet again I have fallen victim to poor shipping :(

Thankfully the damaged items were not the items I was interested in seems the Cassette player had

damage not mentioned in the auction (melted area by the battery compartment) the COCO 2 now has

case damage along with the printer plastic cover that is now smashed into 1000 pieaces.

The seller aparently felt putting a single layer of bubble around each item would be good, yes this

would work if the items were not just put into a box about twice the size needed. Each item although

wrapped in bubble wrap was free to be move around inside the box, this collection had two COCO systems

a printer and the disk drive all of which are heavy and when left to postal abuse were getting slamed against

each other with every transfer causing damage to the plastic cases. Again thanfully the items I was most

interested seem to have arrived in good condition (hoping the abuse did not damage anything inside the disk

drive or the coco 3 )

I should really give up buying anything in lots seems a large percentage of sellers just cant be trusted

It really does suck man. About 50% of the sellers seem to suck at shipping. I have started always leaving the seller a note as to what I expect shipping wise and what it will take to get the items to me undamaged. If it shows up damaged I always ask for a refund (full or partial depending on damage). If they say no then I file a claim... and win.

drive or the coco 3 )

Oh wow, I'd be pissed. :x

The thing that really pisses me off is that the coco is already one of the harder-to-find classic computers, particularly the coco 3's and ESPECIALLY working disk drives so I hope to hell they're ok.

Some good news while getting my TRS 80 Monitor out of storage so I could test the COCO 3 and Disk Drive

I found a TRS 80 2000 (you know you have been collecting to long when you find a complete system that you

forgot you had) will need to go back to storage and pull it out for testing it has the CM-1 Monitor, Keyboard

and a fast look at the back of the computer I saw two 128k memory boards, all the bays were full :) but dont remember

exactly what the others were also it may be a 2000HD as I only remember seeing one floopy :thumbsup:

Once I get the Coco 3 and disk drive tested I will have to decide what kind of feedback I will need to leave ?