IGNORED

What 2600 Games Do You Wish For ?

FireHawk

I'd love to see a half-pinball, half-arcade game on the '2600, such as Baby Pac-Man or Granny and the Gators. A Boy and his Blob (the NES version) on the Atari would be a blast to play as well.

@CTF@

LIGHT GUN GAMES. A clay or target shooter, or some kind of zombie-mowing game.

Qwak! (The '70s arcade gun game that Duck Hunt was based on)

Death Race (could Indy 500 be hacked into this?)

Space War with correct colors [outer space is black, not green, yes?] and 1-player Space War mode

Football with 1-player mode

Air-Sea Battle, Street Racer, Indy 500 with AI in 1-player games

Video Olympics with 1-player variations of each different game type

Paratrooper/Sabotage (W/ PADDLES! :))

Choplifter

Rogue

Lode Runner

Blue Max

Tempest

Galaga

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (arcade)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (if they did Double Dragon, they could do this)

Doom (ever since I heard about the hoax, I though the idea was intriguing...and if a version of Halo is possible, I don't see why Doom shouldn't be)

+1 on more SuperCharger tapes. Maybe some of the above could have been SC tape games?

:)

• Like 2

Space War with correct colors [outer space is black, not green, yes?]

They should get rid of the sound too because there is no air in space. :D

There are no pink and blue triangles shooting blocks at each other in space, either.

That we know of...:D

• Like 1

Space War with correct colors [outer space is black, not green, yes?] and 1-player Space War mode

It has been done. No 1p, though.

Air Sea Battle has some modes with computer AI. Commando Raid looks similar to Paratrooper/Sabotage (not sure how it compares gameplay wise, though).

Edited by BrianC
  • Like 1

Space War with correct colors [outer space is black, not green, yes?]

They should get rid of the sound too because there is no air in space. :D

There are no pink and blue triangles shooting blocks at each other in space, either.

That we know of...:D

LOL! But it is the way that men and women will most likely settle their disputes with each other in the future.

It has been done. No 1p, though.

Air Sea Battle has some modes with computer AI. Commando Raid looks similar to Paratrooper/Sabotage (not sure how it compares gameplay wise, though).

Air-Sea Battle does have 1-player games, but the computer just fires constantly, without regard to a target's proximity, position, or direction, or to what you as a player are doing. Calling it "AI" is kind of a stretch, unless you put the word "brain-damaged" in somewhere. It's still pretty fun, though -one of my favorites, actually- even if victory over the computer is a foregone conclusion.

Commando Raid is close to Sabotage, but it's not quite there. You can't spray ammo at stuff like you can in Sabotage. It doesn't use paddles, either (of course, neither did Sabotage), which I feel would be a great way to aim your turret. :D I'd love to have the bullets fly extremely quickly (since usually only one is allowed onscreen at a time) to create a "machine gun" effect and the illusion of really unloading on the enemy, ala the "machine gun" Biplane games in Combat, and use that (tracer rounds! ;)) as a visual method of aiming with the paddle. Commando Raid basically does this, but the rate of fire varies widely depending on what angle you're firing at.

Commando Raid is a decent game in its own right, but having played other games like it and imagining what I think may have been possible with it*, it kind of leaves me wanting more.

(*You tell me. I'm not a programmer, unfortunately.)

• 5 months later...

I'd like to see these games made for the 2600.....

Tugboat

Zoo Keeper

Defend the Terra Attack on the Red UFO

Secret of Nimh

Black Sabbath (since they already have a game based on the band Journey, I always thought there should be a game based on Black Sabbath!)

Super Bug

Mappy

Roc N Rope

The Shining (Based on the movie.First level you're in the hotel. Second level you're in the maze like the final scene and you have to get away from Jack Nicholson.)

Hard Drivin'

Yie Ar Kung Fu

Naughty Mouse

Pac & Pal

KISS: Destroyer (There should also be a KISS game. Why oh why wasn't there ever a KISS game? They were very popular around the time the 2600 first came out.)

kissatarigame.png

Edited by lushgirl_80
  • Like 1

thinking outside the box here. how's about a game that produces no video. you play with audio cues and/or LEDs that light up on the ROM chip inside of a clear cart case (or no case). or how's about a freaken MONOPOLY variant that keeps track of the money & dice rolls, or displays Chance/Community chest it it's always shuffled.