IGNORED

Paypal Access Limited

cbroddy

I just received an email from Paypal Security Center my account has been limited. It showed up 8/7 3:28 am. I am not sure if it is real or fake. I have not opened the email yet. We are going on vacation very soon!! Should I wait after my vacation or try to resolve this in the next day?

Carl

Go directly to Paypal web site (don't use any link) and log in. Verify that your account was hit for real. If your account looks normal, delete the email as it's probably scam. If it is for real, find out what you need to do so you can deal with it when you have free time. Don't check Paypal on public network at all, someone may be sniffing for passwords.

• Like 1

I get those emails every so often and immediately forward them to spoof@paypal.com ... you'll get a nice email back telling you that the email was indeed phony and thank you for contributing to the ongoing security of paypal by reporting it.

I just received an email from Paypal Security Center my account has been limited. It showed up 8/7 3:28 am. I am not sure if it is real or fake. I have not opened the email yet. We are going on vacation very soon!! Should I wait after my vacation or try to resolve this in the next day?

Carl

my ISP auto filters out most pishing email. Those coming "from" eBay, Paypal, most major banks, and most major MMORPG, they check the origin IP against list of legimate IP and if they don't match, the pishing email ends up in spam box. In the rare event one slips by the check, I can mark it as spam and if enough people on my ISP reports the same email as spam, all unread email on other people's accounts are moved to spam box. A few seconds of my time can save those less enlightened from falling for the scam.