IGNORED

Post any ColecoVision question/comment

Yurkie

Wow! I'm so happy that you know about Harmonium!

For a Quebec band, known in USA ... Its so cool!

You should really listen to their 2nd Album wich in my opinion is their BEST album (some will say its their 3rd album is best)

:) I don't think too many Americans know about Harmonium, unfortunately, but more should. I happened upon their first album nine or ten years ago, and immediately connected with it...just something about their choice of harmonies, timbres, and the overall feeling of the music.

I've mostly listened to the first one, and have never heard the third. I'll have to spend more time with their second album. My French isn't quite good enough to pick up most of the nuances -- I can just barely follow most of the first album -- and I've read that the lyrics have all kinds of subtle implications relating to politics and other things, so I suspect I'm missing a lot. It's quite a bit easier for me to understand Quebecois French than Parisian French, though.

My Favorites music bands:

Dire Straits

Scorpions

Bon Jovi

Gun'n Roses

Pink floyd

Eagles

Kiss

My Favorties "she" singers :

Kim Wilde

Samantha Fox (..hum...may be not only for its voice... but the first time i saw video clip of "Touch ME" , i felt in love... :lust: :lust: )

Sandra

My Favorites VideoGame console :

VIDEOPAC G7200

My colecovision related question :

I had really dreamed in front of the screenshot of Skiing for colecovision on the console's box.

I remember in french magazine where it was announced that the game would use the Turbo Module (steering wheel), and i think it would have been really fun.

Did you hear on your side , that Coleco's skiing will be compatible with turbo Module?

How did I forgot CCR and also Neil Young in my list ?!!

I guess there's too many I could name!

Yeah, a favorites list could get rather long, but you got a great start. How about adding to your list:

:arrow: Triumph

:arrow: Rush

:arrow: Yes (all the incarnations, old and new as well as when the original members got back together and couldn't use the name because it was still in use and had to go by "ABWH")

YOU sir have good musical taste.

Have you checked out the new Yes album? Good stuff.

I've had a couple of quick questions that I did not think were worth a whole new topic, but now I can only remember two!!

**Does the CV have the same or similar sound chip as the original NES? Some music, I.E. Gyruss and Cabbage Patch Kids in the Park, sound very NES like to me. They remind me of the music in Star Tropics.

**What's the goal in Flipper Slipper? Do you try and save the bear-like thing in the top middle of the screen? I cannot find the manual on any of the usual sites.

As for music, unfortunately, much to my wife and kid's embarassment, I love STYX! (I saw them live with Men at Work in 1983 at the Providence Civic Center!)

I also love AC/DC (Bon Scott era), Quiet Riot, ELO, and Aerosmith!

Did somebody say MUSIC? I'm now listening to the complete Alan Parsons Project discography, including the five Eric Woolfson albums (over 600 songs/2 solid days).

By the way, I do have a question: why do I get a headache after drinking as little as one Budweiser, but can drink (many) Sierra Nevada Pale Ale's with no problem (well, as long as I don't get stopped)?

PS. I just found out Alan Parsons was the engineer for Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

I feel horrible that nobody answered your question.

The reason you get a headache when drinking one Budweiser is because you are drinking cheap pisswater. Please don't do it again!!

Did somebody say MUSIC? I'm now listening to the complete Alan Parsons Project discography, including the five Eric Woolfson albums (over 600 songs/2 solid days).

By the way, I do have a question: why do I get a headache after drinking as little as one Budweiser, but can drink (many) Sierra Nevada Pale Ale's with no problem (well, as long as I don't get stopped)?

PS. I just found out Alan Parsons was the engineer for Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

I feel horrible that nobody answered your question.

The reason you get a headache when drinking one Budweiser is because you are drinking cheap pisswater. Please don't do it again!!

Come on ColecoDan. Budweiser is "The King" of Beers.

I have drank several varieties of Sam Adams, many Mexican beers, Blue Moon and quite a few other micro brews and I just prefer my Budweiser.

Don't be fooled by the advertisers Yurkie don't do it!!!

I understand if you like it because everyones tastes are different my uncle loved Old Style and I absolutely hate that beer.

If you just have to have a light beer then try a Stella, I don't really drink light beers anymore. Bud reminds me of college when we were drinking Ice house, Natural light, and Milwaukees Best because they were cheap as hell and we bought what we could afford.

After years of drinking real beer I thought hey I should try one of those to see how bad it was. I almost gagged. Yuk. Budweiser doesn't make me gag but if it is the only thing to drink I would probably not drink that night!

My favorite Beers

Alaskan Amber -- can only get it on the west cost

Richards Red or Brown -- can only get in Canada

Guiness -- everywhere

Hofbrau Dunkel -- MMMM (not as good in a bottle) pretty much everywhere now

Warsteiner Dunkel -- MMMM (a lot better in the bottle than Hofbrau)

Smithwicks -- Produced by Guiness owners and very good

Of course I like a ton of other beers but those are probably my favorite goto beers.

Don't be fooled by the advertisers Yurkie don't do it!!!

I understand if you like it because everyones tastes are different my uncle loved Old Style and I absolutely hate that beer.

If you just have to have a light beer then try a Stella, I don't really drink light beers anymore. Bud reminds me of college when we were drinking Ice house, Natural light, and Milwaukees Best because they were cheap as hell and we bought what we could afford.

After years of drinking real beer I thought hey I should try one of those to see how bad it was. I almost gagged. Yuk. Budweiser doesn't make me gag but if it is the only thing to drink I would probably not drink that night!

My favorite Beers

Alaskan Amber -- can only get it on the west cost

Richards Red or Brown -- can only get in Canada

Guiness -- everywhere

Hofbrau Dunkel -- MMMM (not as good in a bottle) pretty much everywhere now

Warsteiner Dunkel -- MMMM (a lot better in the bottle than Hofbrau)

Smithwicks -- Produced by Guiness owners and very good

Of course I like a ton of other beers but those are probably my favorite goto beers.

Here's mine:

- Molson Export

- Richards Red

- Black Label

- Coors Light

No Bud Weiser for me too :woozy:

if there is one thing i don't like in the colecovision it is the z80!!!!

6502 rocks! z80 stinks!

why they didn't put a 6502 in coleco?

the creativision console is what would be a colecovision with a 6502 but it has not been really exploited

but imagine what could have been the coleco with a 6502 at 1.79 Mhz... :lust: :lust:

if there is one thing i don't like in the colecovision it is the z80!!!!

6502 rocks! z80 stinks!

why they didn't put a 6502 in coleco?

the creativision console is what would be a colecovision with a 6502 but it has not been really exploited

but imagine what could have been the coleco with a 6502 at 1.79 Mhz... :lust: :lust:

Oh, well....

Does someone know something about this...?

In the 80s, a friend of mine had a game.. wich was a spaceship gun with a VHS tape

We could played the game using VHS tapes and shooting with the spaceship gun

I just can't remember the name of this product...... :ponder:

Action Max?

Does someone know something about this...?

In the 80s, a friend of mine had a game.. wich was a spaceship gun with a VHS tape

We could played the game using VHS tapes and shooting with the spaceship gun

I just can't remember the name of this product...... :ponder:

Action Max?

I google Action Max and find it! :D

The one I played was Captain Power

Thanks Harvey! :thumbsup:

http://www.retroist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/captain-power-ad.jpg

EDIT: Thanks Luc, you beat me :)

Edited by retroillucid

I remember being so hyped by Captain Power, I just could not beleive we were playing using VHS tape , that was crazy for the time

Now, I need to find one :D

I gave tons of Craptain Power crap away for free. Tried selling it all, but no one ever wanted it.

AX

Timing is everything! :evil:

I remember being so hyped by Captain Power, I just could not beleive we were playing using VHS tape , that was crazy for the time

Now, I need to find one :D

I gave tons of Craptain Power crap away for free. Tried selling it all, but no one ever wanted it.

AX

That's why I should check the Marketplace more offen