IGNORED

Post any ColecoVision question/comment

Yurkie

• 8 months later...

Anyway anyone that is a ColecoVision fan and board please feel free to post a question

Hello Mr. Yurkie, contacted you a while back about a console that would go nuts after a solid 15 minutes of perfect play time. One of your suggestions was bad memory and I went ahead and performed the mem mod... you won't believe this, it turned out to be a bad power supply -- I guess after the power supply heated up from use something inside would get finicky. Problem solved.

Anyway, I have another one for you... My spare console is one that I bought with "black screen", found a lifted trace and after soldering it back in place the console worked great. Then one day I was testing out a game lot I bought and while playing DK the graphics and sound all of a sudden got jerky and finally froze completely (even the reset button wouldn't work) -- I turned off the console and restarted it, all it does now is show a black screen with a constant hum. Suggestions?

Your knowledge and insights are much appreciated here on AA!