IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Thats because there are a lot of people that have no idea what they are doing putting bids in. And sometimes it is nefarious but most of the time it is just bad bidders who have no idea how to keep an auction from going crazy. Which I guess that is good for sellers since there are so many of these horrible "special" buyers.

Thats because there are a lot of people that have no idea what they are doing putting bids in. And sometimes it is nefarious but most of the time it is just bad bidders who have no idea how to keep an auction from going crazy. Which I guess that is good for sellers since there are so many of these horrible "special" buyers.

Meh. I don't think high, early auction bids necessarily represent "bad" bidding. If anything it lowers the probability of a side deal as it clearly shows the seller there is a healthy market for the item. It may also prevent crazy bidding at the end. On the downside, it could encourage shill bidding by the seller.

Meh. I don't think high, early auction bids necessarily represent "bad" bidding. If anything it lowers the probability of a side deal as it clearly shows the seller there is a healthy market for the item. It may also prevent crazy bidding at the end. On the downside, it could encourage shill bidding by the seller.

Agreed. I don't hesitate to bid early and often for something I'm looking for. Been burned by side deals one too many times.

I will never understand where some people get their sense of pricing from...

because they just see high prices things are going for everywhere and really have no idea what any of it is. With the condition of those things they found them somewhere or in a relatives house and have no idea about colecovision at all.

Not an auction, but I have an NEC PC Pentium 166MHz up for sale in the MarketPlace. Great system for MS-DOS gaming and I used exclusively for transferring file to an from ADAM Computer format. A large CV & ADAM archive resides on the Hard Drive!!!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/215432-niads-sales-thread-colecovision-adam-nec-p166mhz-pc/?p=2808381

I thought about this idea. I think what might happen though is someone might dump it and distribute it or make dubious copies anyways and beat you to market. Ultimately it's a free market and people can choose to sell it if they want. I'm kinda proud when they resell.

I think the best defense if you don't like it is to put up a permanent supply on ebay at the the original price then they would have to sell it for that same price.

I don't mind anyone dumping the game for personal use. Don't distribute the roms though. I put them on the atarimax for convenience but still have the oriiginals on the shelf or in a box.

I would be alright with the developers putting up a certain number copies of their games before they are released so that the developers would be the ones to cash in on the heavy hitters buying the games on ebay.

I would be alright with the developers putting up a certain number copies of their games before they are released so that the developers would be the ones to cash in on the heavy hitters buying the games on ebay.

Or even just on eBay at the same time. Not everyone reads these forums or the CV Facebook pages out there. If a homebrew publisher put a stack of 10 copies on eBay at the same time as shipping the initial run, and just left them on eBay to sell through and re-list as long as there is a supply, that would help with the people flipping them at a profit. IMO, if a publisher complains about someone flipping an item on eBay that's a shortcoming of their own because they could at least help control those prices to some extent. They could have avoided it by listing their own product on the site and charging the actual retail amount for it. That ensures that the money is going to the right people and the prices aren't being inflated by a third party.

To be fair it was put up with a starting price of around $50 and not at some ridiculously high BIN. It just got bid up by 2 people back and forth.

The seller was also from Canada FWIW (crxchart).

yes, the starting price was fair. No issue with that. It is just sad for the buyer , i would say.

Or even just on eBay at the same time. Not everyone reads these forums or the CV Facebook pages out there. If a homebrew publisher put a stack of 10 copies on eBay at the same time as shipping the initial run, and just left them on eBay to sell through and re-list as long as there is a supply, that would help with the people flipping them at a profit. IMO, if a publisher complains about someone flipping an item on eBay that's a shortcoming of their own because they could at least help control those prices to some extent. They could have avoided it by listing their own product on the site and charging the actual retail amount for it. That ensures that the money is going to the right people and the prices aren't being inflated by a third party.

In fact with the publisher we already thought about that.

But the entire first run had been reserved. And we gave the exclusive distribution for US and Canada to Good Deal Game , so the publisher can not put them on Ebay for US and Canada.

Next time we will try to improve that and be more prepared.