IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

Can someone explain to me the zero bids for a boxed Frantic Freddy?? I thought this was relatively rare. Wasn't $49.99 a good price? I did not bid, because I thought this would go over $100. Am I wrong?

post-24893-0-54525000-1415386289_thumb.jpg

Link for ended auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frantic-Freddy-Colecovision-1983-100-Complete-super-clean-Hard-to-find-/141457297213?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=7FbhXPVdLdbMcktNp8qMjkJ0MOE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Can someone explain to me the zero bids for a boxed Frantic Freddy?? I thought this was relatively rare. Wasn't $49.99 a good price? I did not bid, because I thought this would go over $100. Am I wrong?

attachicon.giffRANTIC fREDDY.jpg

Link for ended auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Frantic-Freddy-Colecovision-1983-100-Complete-super-clean-Hard-to-find-/141457297213?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=7FbhXPVdLdbMcktNp8qMjkJ0MOE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

My guess is, it's only because the box is crushed

attachicon.giffRANTIC fREDDY.jpg

I have an extra CIB if you're interested ... just pm ...that went quick..

• 3 weeks later...
Not my auction, but if the eventual winning bidder get's it at $50, that's actually not too bad a price even for a loose reproduction cart especially for people that aren't active on here and know who to ask for custom made items such as this.

I'd be on the fence for this one if I didn't already have one with a different style label that I think was made by CBS-eColeco and probably overpaid for that one. Still looking for a box for that one.

Edited by NIAD

I have a vague recollection of things like this, but I have to say, all it is essentially is a "spare parts" type of deal, so authentic or not (and it almost certainly is), I see little value in it. You can literally do the same thing yourself by removing the innards from a retail ColecoVision.

I have a vague recollection of things like this, but I have to say, all it is essentially is a "spare parts" type of deal, so authentic or not (and it almost certainly is), I see little value in it. You can literally do the same thing yourself by removing the innards from a retail ColecoVision.

True.

Don't understand the seller's reasoning as far as the asking price seeing as it's just the system without the case that was placed in generic boxes by American Design Components. They acquired tons of surplus CV and Adam warez in the mid-80's and paid pennies on the dollar to Coleco for it. Seeing as the working condition of everything is unknown, maybe $50 each is a lot more appropriate and that's being pretty generous since you can get a complete system for about that price that is tested.

• Like 1

Don't understand the seller's reasoning as far as the asking price seeing as it's just the system without the case that was placed in generic boxes by American Design Components. They acquired tons of surplus CV and Adam warez in the mid-80's and paid pennies on the dollar to Coleco for it. Seeing as the working condition of everything is unknown, maybe $50 each is a lot more appropriate and that's being pretty generous since you can get a complete system for about that price that is tested.

It would be a much more interesting item if it came in a custom case, the kind that doubledown did back in the day. :)

Damn, I was ganna ask you about that :mad:

Any Porky's cart that may become available is going to be a reproduction, so it just boils down to if you'd like to have a physical cart of the game instead of using the rom file on a MultiCart.